Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

To me, the platonic ideal for a Rams home uniform would be the Dickerson-era uniforms, but with the numbers in white rather than in gold. With a royal blue helmet, of course. I think someone mocked up what that would look like earlier in the thread, and it would immediately be one of the top uniforms in all of the NFL. 

The actual Dickerson-era home uniforms are good, but to me, the color balance between yellow and white always seemed a little off. The white stripe on the pants looked very out of place, when the only other white element of the uniform were the names on the back (which aren't even visible from the front). They could always solve this problem by taking the Dickerson-era uniforms, and just having a single blue stripe down the sides of the pants, but I think I'd much prefer having a nice balance of yellow and white vis a vis white numbers.

As for the horns on the shoulders, it's such a distinctive uniform element that I really hope they make a return to the Rams' primaries. Nike did a great job of fitting them into a modern uniform template on the Rams' throwbacks.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you guys are nuts. The blue/white Rams are so boring.

They nailed it with the LA look. Very few teams have a perfect uniform set, but the old LA Rams did:

Eric-Dickerson-wants-the-Rams-to-return-

eric_dickerson_1985_10_13.jpg

The white stripe sticks out on the home set, until you realize it lines up nicely with the road. So good.

Obviously they can't get away with the sleeve element anymore, but there's probably some compromise design Nike could make.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

They nailed it with the LA look. Very few teams have a perfect uniform set, but the old LA Rams did:

The white stripe sticks out on the home set, until you realize it lines up nicely with the road. So good.

Obviously they can't get away with the sleeve element anymore, but there's probably some compromise design Nike could make.

I think they still can get away with having sleeve horns. It was incorporated really well into the Rams throwbacks:

SjNQTcylCxhGZjJ-556x313-noPad.jpg

Sure, the TV numbers are a tad small, but I don't think that's a huge issue.

19 hours ago, Quillz said:

Oh, didn't realize until I found it on a font site that it's the same as the new wordmark. In that case, I do hope they adopt those numbers for continuity's sake, as that's one of the small things you should do to have a strong brand identity.

But who am I kidding, the Rams will have some awful custom Nike-designed font.

I'd love to see the Rams recolor the rams head logo light blue and yellow. Just like your profile picture. They should also go back to those primary blue and yellow uniforms full time. That color scheme screams Los Angeles Rams to me. The navy blue and gold is more St.Louis Rams and less LA Rams.

The Catch of the Day!

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Eric-Dickerson-wants-the-Rams-to-return-

eric_dickerson_1985_10_13.jpg

As has been said previously, almost perfect. Simply make one, solid blue stripe on the pants. Done. No need to reinvent the wheel.

4 hours ago, kroywen said:

I think they still can get away with having sleeve horns. It was incorporated really well into the Rams throwbacks:

SjNQTcylCxhGZjJ-556x313-noPad.jpg

Sure, the TV numbers are a tad small, but I don't think that's a huge issue.

The neck roll needs to go too. 

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, mattb6 said:

The neck roll needs to go too. 

Definitely. It'd be bad enough if it weren't a toilet bowl collar. Just have a blue collar and draw all the attention to the sleeve horns.

Also, with a normal sized collar, you might have room to fit the TV numbers on the shoulders. Not sure how it'd look (probably not very good), but it at least would give another option for placing the TV numbers.

That's not the problem. I don't believe any one team can own a two-color scheme. 

My issue with it is that blue and white is such a small part of their history.  The blue and gold are most identified with LA, most identified by the fans, and really is what they should be wearing. 

If at least half of the fan group calling for the team to come back wore the blue and white, there would be some consideration. But that's not the case. Personally there should be no reason they touch anything that's not close to royal blue and yellow, but that's not my decision.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

As has been said previously, almost perfect. Simply make one, solid blue stripe on the pants. Done. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Nope.  That would diminish the perfect color balance of the road uniform.

I've always had no issue with the white stripe being out of place on the home uniform. Sure, technically it is... so what?  Being a slave to by-the-numbers consistency is no way to live.  And, Braiser stripes (right Goth?) on a football uniform are like bringing home a pizza... never ever a bad idea.

That said, let's have yet another look at this beauty...

dbc8a1a0cc1d904f839bc5d3d04cf816.jpg

bob_carey_hirsch_van_brocklin-jpg.6800

9 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Does anyone else agree the new rams gold looks darker? Almost a brownish-gold, like the updated ravens logo on the site

They've put out an updated logo slick and nothing has changed in terms of colors, uniforms or logos, the only difference is that the logos/marks that have the city included say Los Angeles instead of St. Louis.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That's not the problem. I don't believe any one team can own a two-color scheme. 

My issue with it is that blue and white is such a small part of their history.  The blue and gold are most identified with LA, most identified by the fans, and really is what they should be wearing. 

This. Fans in LA have clearly embraced the royal blue and gold and are using it to represent the Los Angeles Rams. That color scheme has become a symbol of bringing the Rams back to LA - it only makes sense to use it.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Nope.  That would diminish the perfect color balance of the road uniform.

I've always had no issue with the white stripe being out of place on the home uniform. Sure, technically it is... so what?  Being a slave to by-the-numbers consistency is no way to live.  And, Braiser stripes (right Goth?) on a football uniform are like bringing home a pizza... never ever a bad idea.

That said, let's have yet another look at this beauty...

dbc8a1a0cc1d904f839bc5d3d04cf816.jpg

bob_carey_hirsch_van_brocklin-jpg.6800

Oh yeah, that's nice.  With blue socks to balance the helmet, that's my ideal Rams uniform right now.

As for the Braisher stripes, I do always love seeing them. And they don't look out of place to me since the Rams have touches of white on the rest of their uniform - NOB on the jersey, chinstrap and bumpers on the helmet, low white socks.   White on the pants aren't absolutely needed, but there's just enough white everywhere else to make it work well. 

And for the alternate, reverse the colors. 

image.jpeg

The Rams can sell blue jerseys, everybody's happy. 

1950Rams2.jpg

11 hours ago, kroywen said:

As for the horns on the shoulders, it's such a distinctive uniform element that I really hope they make a return to the Rams' primaries. Nike did a great job of fitting them into a modern uniform template on the Rams' throwbacks.

Thank you! Haven't seen a whole lot of other people harping on this point, but it needs to be harped on big time. They lose so many style points by not having horns on their sleeves and/or shoulders.

54 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I'm so glad the league is embracing color again. Gotta get the Buccaneers back in creamsicle orange next. What a great picture upthread! 

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The league is embracing color again because fashion is embracing color again.  People aren't afraid of bright colors.  That's a very good thing, and it makes the Rams in gold a possible, if not likely, proposition. 

As I've said before, I'd love to see the Rams try Blue jersey/Yellow pants at home, Yellow jersey/White pants on the road, and a White jersey/White pants Gabriel-era throwback/alternate (with white horns to boot, of course). I'm sure the NFL doesn't like the idea and hence it probably won't happen, but with the re-embracing of color in fashion and sports (and the fact that the Rams share the same home city as the Lakers), one can hope. If not, make the yellow/white combo the 3rd and the Gabriel-era white/blue the color rush (but hopefully with blue socks).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Thank you! Haven't seen a whole lot of other people harping on this point, but it needs to be harped on big time. They lose so many style points by not having horns on their sleeves and/or shoulders.

Nah, for me the shoulder horns are just a step too far. 

Horns on the helmet are a fantastic literal rendering of the nickname.  Horns on the shoulder are cutesy and kinda stupid. 

Archived