Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Took a stab at a couple wordmark ideas

569faa4f2c3a9_LARams.thumb.png.050f0a623

Changed the R so it doesn't look so much like a K that grew out a fingernail. 

I'd love to see it WITHOUT the actual ram head. To me, the ram horn on the R is brilliant and all that needs to be there for a great logo. The ram head has always seemed forced.

12 hours ago, Quillz said:

"The blue represents both the true blue ambition that the city of Los Angeles has for their Rams, but also for the cool blue ocean that is part of the easygoing, surfing lifestyle that is all part of the LA cultural identity."

"The yellow evokes the rays of sunshine that gives Los Angeles its famous, beautiful weather. But the yellow is also close to gold, the color of champions and being the best of the best. It perfectly fits with Los Angeles being the 'City of Champions.'"

You sound like you could work for Nike!! The only word you are missing is passion. One of the colors represents the passion!!

5 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's amazing how much more the lettering pops on when it's not appearing as negative space.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

Threw together a quick revamp of their primary -- would make for a semi-decent placeholder til Inglewood 2019.

CYw9O0OVAAEno2a.png

Good job dude!!!!

Somebody mentioned the mismatched navy helmets with royal jerseys. If they create new uniforms I would like for them to go with something in between royal and navy as the only shade of blue in the uniform. You should be able to put it next to a Giants and/or Seahawks uniform and see a difference in the blues. I'll never understand why it was impossible for the Rams and Giants to have royal blue helmets back in the day.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

16 hours ago, logos are cool said:

They will probably get custom colors too knowing how Nike does these rebrands lately. It will be interesting to see if they go for something similar or Blue and Yellow that are completely different than they have used before.

definitely, i'm betting they will get at least 1 new color (even if that is a swatch adjustment like the Browns and Dolphins) and the uniforms MIGHT be based on the old LA ones. but here, i was addressing the route of simply adopting the throwback. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

6 hours ago, McCarthy said:

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

569fc8e011928_LARams2.thumb.png.e6b01485

All these are excellent, but the gold/yellow text variations really do it for me. Those are great, and really, that's all the Rams need to do. Just change the color scheme back to blue and yellow, clean up the wordmark and ram head logo a bit (as you've done), and leave everything else alone. But I already know Nike is going to overdesign and fix what isn't broken.

5 hours ago, hawk36 said:

For some reason I still like the Helvetica for the Rams (probably because that's what I associate with the LA Rams). I think it could be used with their current R as mesh until a full new identity is created.

LARAMSLOGO2016.jpg

This actually looks great!! Might be one of my favorites I've seen. It's so clean. Nice job!

15 minutes ago, Chawls said:

How would you guys about the Rams adopting a horn like this?

635482882461880024-USATSI-8124231.jpg

Hmm not sure. Although I can almost bet that Nike will do something with the horns when they rebrand. It could be a subtle pattern like they did with the Seahawks and Browns or something more signifigant like this.

40 minutes ago, Chawls said:

How would you guys about the Rams adopting a horn like this?

635482882461880024-USATSI-8124231.jpg

The current Nike template used for the NFL means that the LA Rams may not be able to update their 1993 uniforms without extensive retooling but the helmets can stay the same. Of course, after changing it to Blue & Yellow. That horn you displayed can work for LA. We can all think of it as a fresh start

Archived