Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

8 hours ago, hawk36 said:

For some reason I still like the Helvetica for the Rams (probably because that's what I associate with the LA Rams). I think it could be used with their current R as mesh until a full new identity is created.

LARAMSLOGO2016.jpg

That's a winner. Really nice job. I especially love that Horn + LA logo on the bottom.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the Rams need to do with their helmets is use a royal blue metallic flake helmet (like the Giants) with a yellow horn. They don't need gold chrome horns, they don't need a carbon fiber texture inside the horns, they don't need to add any white accents, they don't need to use the bumpy horn they used back in the 40's. This is so easy and adding any extras will just mess it up. Keep it simple stupid Nike.

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

edit:  editing posts is broken, that's wonderful

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

All the Rams need to do with their helmets is use a royal blue metallic flake helmet (like the Giants) with a yellow horn. They don't need gold chrome horns, they don't need a carbon fiber texture inside the horns, they don't need to add any white accents, they don't need to use the bumpy horn they used back in the 40's. This is so easy and adding any extras will just mess it up. Keep it simple stupid Nike.

xqkhv.jpg

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

13 hours ago, Chawls said:

How would you guys about the Rams adopting a horn like this?

635482882461880024-USATSI-8124231.jpg

I think this is one of those things that would look cool at a first, but eventually, you'd grow to hate it. Overly-detailed designs rarely look good after seeing them a whole season, and I think an overly detailed yellow or white horn against blue would be very hard to see. The Rams tried it back in the 1940s, and eventually went back to the simpler design.

11 hours ago, colortv said:

Not a a huge fan of the shades of yellow/gold that have been used so far, can we get something a little more vibrant like this(the color on the Ram specifically)?

Rams-Helmet-590x900.jpg

Well, those colors aren't bad, but the ram head logo doesn't belong on the helmets.

11 hours ago, daveindc said:

That looks weird to me. Like an alien's tail or something. A ram's horns isn't that drastic looking:

Ram-Sheep.jpg

I don't like the realistic ram horn since, to me, LA is not about realism. It's about fantasy, streamline, modern, etc. If the Rams were in a more rustic, rural area, realistic horn is perfect. But for LA, Hollywood, Tinsel Town, it should be the streamlined look.

I was just thinking it would be kind of neat if the Rams could wear blue and yellow at home, and blue and white on the road. I guess the latter couldn't really work because of the NFL's single-helmet policy, but they could get around it by taking off the yellow horns and putting on white horns, right? Although that's probably too much work to bother, I like the idea on paper because it's a neat way to bring back both the old LA color schemes without having to demote one or the other to "throwback" status.

It's not the one helmet rule stoping them from going that route. It's the NFL's rule of only having one primary helmet design. Which is a different thing all together. The Rams are free to adopt the blue and white look as a twice a year throwback/alternate, but they can't diminish the status of whatever their designated "primary" helmet design is with a different road variant. 

They Rams really to fix the helmet decal to the way it was shaped during the Roman Gabriel era.

They had the horns with the V-shape in the front of the helmet which made the horns look much more angular.  

I've been saying this forever 

4 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

Blue and white does look good on the Rams, but blue and gold is just too synonymous with the Rams in LA.

They should be worn as their alternatives at the very least.

I also like the idea mentioned earlier of the yellow home jerseys based on the early rams uniforms.

Archived