Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

55 minutes ago, logos are cool said:

The Rams look like they took their current uniform shoulder stripes from this old design.

yea the current stripes are very similar to those jerseys. the blue/white jerseys did NOT have a horn design, but a tapered stripe

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think that type of shoulder insert would be perfect for the Rams. 

It's evocative of the horns without being so literal. Works well with modern uniform templates as well, not requiring the kind of real estate that the usual shoulder insets do. 

FootballWEB-824x549.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It's evocative of the horns without being so literal. Works well with modern uniform templates as well, not requiring the kind of real estate that the usual shoulder insets do. 

FootballWEB-824x549.jpg

I agree.. It's actually very similar to what the team currently wears.. I've long said a recolor of the current set may be the best option, and these shoulder inserts are almost identical to the gold of their current set

21 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I agree.. It's actually very similar to what the team currently wears.. I've long said a recolor of the current set may be the best option, and these shoulder inserts are almost identical to the gold of their current set

It might be something they carry over to the new Nike design. But who knows!!

33 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

FootballWEB-824x549.jpg

Yes please. Something slightly thicker than what the Texans wear would be ideal. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, McCarthy said:

Yes please. Something slightly thicker than what the Texans wear would be ideal. 

Exactly.. If this is what translates to the new Nike set, I think we can all call it a success.. Those inserts, in that thickness, truly evoke a sense of ram horn without being literal as Gothamite said, and this thickness translated well to the modern templates without being too thin like the Texans' inserts appear at times  

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I'm so confused by the Rams' marketing. What are this team's colors?

I have a feeling they were hoping they could get away with the navy/gold until 2019 but are fast realizing that LA doesn't like, nor want, those colors. Probably just hopeful on my part but I think they may be royal/yellow sooner than later.

Aren't their alts white anyway?  I don't recall.  If they could go with a white throwback then they could potentially wear it all 16 games since they don't play Dallas or Miami on the road next year, and only the Saints and Bucs are threats to wear white at home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Aren't their alts white anyway?  I don't recall.  If they could go with a white throwback then they could potentially wear it all 16 games since they don't play Dallas or Miami on the road next year, and only the Saints and Bucs are threats to wear white at home.

Their throwback alternates are blue.

zMkB06x.jpg

They could do as Gothamite suggested and swap the navy blue home set and the royal blue throwback, making the latter the primary and the former the alternate. Do that for a season and have Nike make up white versions for the road for next season. Then wear the LA Rams throwbacks until 2019 when they can unveil "updated" versions of the classic look to coincide with the new stadium.

38 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That's unfortunate.  Well it'd be great if they could dust off the white version and then we wouldn't have to see navy at all.  I actually think the navy is the better set - when worn with shiny-gold pants.  With the navy pants, that uniform set is just too drab.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm in favor of the Color Rush set and the throwbacks used as the primaries. No, that doesn't include a white jersey, but go the Lakers route and just own yellow. It'll hardly ever clash with any other team in the league. Only issue is the Color Rush uses navy while the throwback features royal...but that's fine by me!

Edit- throw in white or blue pants to pair with the yellow Color Rush jersey. The all-banana look was a bit much. It may have been more acceptable if it had contrasting socks.

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I'm in favor of the Color Rush set and the throwbacks used as the primaries. No, that doesn't include a white jersey, but go the Lakers route and just own yellow. It'll hardly ever clash with any other team in the league. Only issue is the Color Rush uses navy while the throwback features royal...but that's fine by me!

Edit- throw in white or blue pants to pair with the yellow Color Rush jersey. The all-banana look was a bit much. It may have been more acceptable if it had contrasting socks.

All it needs is white pants. Someone show them how it's done. Then lighten the blue a bit!

AR-151219288.jpg

ap_buccaneers_rams_football_78354628.jpg

CWeZX1NWEAA8kB-.jpg

I am diff in full support of the Rams bringing back full time and owning the " California Gold "keeping the navy as a secondary using them as their primaries. ( As said above.)  Just throw in some white/blue pants and swap the Rams horns from gold to white to match a white and navy road unis and I think it would be one of the most vibrant & cleanest unis in the league IMO. 

Yes, i'm saying they have a home and away helmet. I understand the rule but perhaps an exception for the tradition, Kroenke, Market, the fact it's still using the same helmet just different decals and the Navy/gold would still be primary for branding purposes.  

#DTWD #GoJaguars

On 2/9/2016 at 6:26 PM, Gothamite said:

I wonder if they'll petition the league to let them swap the primaries and alts.   That would mean swapping out helmet stickers before and after road trips but shouldn't mess with anything else. 

23 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

They could do as Gothamite suggested and swap the navy blue home set and the royal blue throwback, making the latter the primary and the former the alternate. Do that for a season and have Nike make up white versions for the road for next season. Then wear the LA Rams throwbacks until 2019 when they can unveil "updated" versions of the classic look to coincide with the new stadium.

20 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

That's what I said. Throwback Home, current white and Color Rush alternate.

temp_Getty_Images_501807720_nfl_mezz_128

EDIT: I find it weird that we're all coming to a consensus of the Rams being the Gold/Yellow version of Dallas. 

Archived