Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

1 hour ago, 1937redskins said:

..while i'm at it lol, all three hockey teams in California have a black base color. Thats just wrong !!

Well the Kings tried to piggy back off of the success of Raiders merch in the 80s/90s and it turned out being their most popular look and then they've had so much success on the ice since going back to it too, that it's unlikely to change.

In an ideal world the Ducks would still be eggplant and jade, and at worst make that orange alt the primary.

As for the Sharks, while they have the black alt, their base color is teal.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess there's no USC Saturday / Rams Sunday weekends. 

ALso, while a render is able to be changed in 2 clicks, this should put to rest the royal + yellow rumors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

h8 those ersatz luxury suites blocking the peristyle, and I'm surprised they're going to use solid-color endzones (unless USC is also going to have navy blue endzones that say "Los Angeles"?). Still, it's the L.A. Coliseum, it's gonna be cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I guess there's no USC Saturday / Rams Sunday weekends. 

ALso, while a render is able to be changed in 2 clicks, this should put to rest the royal + yellow rumors.

I don't think anything will until the Rams trot out in navy and gold. Perhaps not even then. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

15 hours ago, TJSC said:

Here is what the Coliseum is going to look like when the Rams play their home games:

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.50.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.49.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.50.31 PM.png

That's what it'll look like for the first quarter or so of games, too.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

23 hours ago, TJSC said:

Here is what the Coliseum is going to look like when the Rams play their home games:

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.50.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.49.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 4.50.31 PM.png

Oh yeah?  Check out those goal posts...

On 5/18/2016 at 8:35 AM, CS85 said:

That's what it'll look like for the first quarter or so of games, too.

the NFL has so much tv money now,that wouldnt matter.

Theyll still make and attract more money-wise than the Jaguars, Bucs,Dolphins, Titans,Bills,Chargers etc.

theyll be nationally popular again within 3 years. The NFL and espn will make damn sure you hear about the Rams every day to pay for that new facility that will be a media sports complex as well

Wouldn't the home games be blacked out in LA?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Didn't the NFL really relax the black out rules, and the Rams could always "buy" the needed seats to avoid a blackout

They can grant them on a case by case basis, but they also relaxed the "100% sold rule" (which really wasn't 100% anyways) to something about 75% or so the day before the game. But, if the NFL is smart (which, though they profess to be, they come off as tone-deaf), they'll make sure all the Rams games are shown on local TV no matter how few show up to keep fans interested in time for the new venue.

The blackouts was one of the great failures of the Rams and Raiders. The Coliseum would never sell out, and I don't believe the Rams sold out regularly at Anaheim.  So, with two different games on two different networks (usually), you had two blackouts and no other games to watch. No wonder the NFL did horrible in Los Angeles.

5 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

They can grant them on a case by case basis, but they also relaxed the "100% sold rule" (which really wasn't 100% anyways) to something about 75% or so the day before the game. But, if the NFL is smart (which, though they profess to be, they come off as tone-deaf), they'll make sure all the Rams games are shown on local TV no matter how few show up to keep fans interested in time for the new venue.

The blackouts was one of the great failures of the Rams and Raiders. The Coliseum would never sell out, and I don't believe the Rams sold out regularly at Anaheim.  So, with two different games on two different networks (usually), you had two blackouts and no other games to watch. No wonder the NFL did horrible in Los Angeles.

The NFL suspended blackouts altogether in 2015, and they haven't brought them back yet.  The stopgap where a team could set a lower threshold was not a very good solution.  IIRC if you said that 75% full was enough to lift the blackout, then you surrendered all or part of your revenue for any seats sold over 75%.  I also don't think you could change it on a game-by-game basis.

Archived