Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Chargers have two complete different uniforms beyond their core set. It's three distinct uniform sets! It's funnier every time I look at it.

You know what's funny? The Chargers having less wins than the 6 uniform combinations displayed on the photo. That was the case in 2019. Will it be the same in 2020? Can they get the same amount of wins as they do uniform combinations shown on the photo?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the bolts are a bit too short.. they could stand to be lengthened a bit as-is, but would benefit further from shifting up a bit more onto the shoulder, which would create a better overall look IMO, as well as give the bolts a bit more real estate to be properly proportioned..

I guess their previous set with the awkwardly angled sleeve bolts made them think this is ok.. ideally, the shoulder bolts should follow a similar path to the Texans' shoulder inserts.. that would open up the sleeve for the TV numbers as a bonus..

4 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Yeah the bolts are a bit too short.. they could stand to be lengthened a bit as-is, but would benefit further from shifting up a bit more onto the shoulder, which would create a better overall look IMO, as well as give the bolts a bit more real estate to be properly proportioned..

I guess their previous set with the awkwardly angled sleeve bolts made them think this is ok.. ideally, the shoulder bolts should follow a similar path to the Texans' shoulder inserts.. that would open up the sleeve for the TV numbers as a bonus..

What is it with every one wanting TV numbers on the shoulders? The bolt should go around the shoulder like the Photoshop, and leave the TV numbers on the helmet as a modernized callback to their time in LA(even though it was just one year)

4 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What is it with every one wanting TV numbers on the shoulders? 

I don't think that's what everyone is looking for. I'm pretty sure the TV number people are looking for numbers on the sleeve, with the bolt moved up slightly if necessary.

6 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What is it with every one wanting TV numbers on the shoulders? The bolt should go around the shoulder like the Photoshop, and leave the TV numbers on the helmet as a modernized callback to their time in LA(even though it was just one year)

I was pretty clear about where I wanted the TV numbers.. on the sleeves, not the shoulders..

I will wait until they wear w/b/y before I give final judgement, but the chargers might be the first team I have ever seen in the NFL where I fully endorse wearing white at home. The white jersey imo looks a lot more complete than the blue. I would be fully on board if they made that the default home uniform, and switched between white and yellow pants for different games

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 10/6/2020 at 8:39 PM, andrewharrington said:

Here’s what I think is happening with the Chargers. If you look at the uniform in its entirety, the bolt on the helmet and the bolt on the pants are surprisingly similar in length, and they work remarkably well as a curved and straight version of the same graphic, each having two equal, jagged “steps” along the length of the bolt.

spacer.png

Now, looking at the bolt on the shoulder, it’s much shorter In length, but those two steps in the bolt are still in there, making the whole shoulder graphic look a bit scrunched as a result. If the length of that sleeve panel is what’s limiting the length of the bolt, I think eliminating one of the steps in the bolt on the shoulder could better maintain the more elongated look of the helmet and pant graphics. It already doesn’t match the logo, so I think the priority needs to shift toward making it look as good as possible at that point.

spacer.png

The best solution, though, would probably have been to print the bolt on top of the shoulder, on the main body panel, which, on uniforms without any shoulder stripes or panels, is seamless all the way up the front, over the shoulder, and down the back, with the two ends being sewn together at the center of the back.

Makes perfect sense because then you might have room for TV numbers under the bolt. Make that bolt leaner like you said, it would match the helmet too. I still love em though.⚡

On 10/7/2020 at 7:27 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

On an unrelated note, what do you think are the chances we see this in 2025?

EyWQQdz.png

That would be a huge improvement. The Rams are almost there with having fantastic uniforms. If it were up to me, I'd make the following changes:

• Get rid of the crescent moon and goat horns and use the horn in this pic.
  • Get rid of the awful gradient numbers.
  • Get rid of the bone color and replace with white jerseys.
  • Get rid of bone pants, do not replace with white. All white uniforms SUCK. Use either blue or yellow pants.

8 hours ago, Durden said:

That would be a huge improvement. The Rams are almost there with having fantastic uniforms. If it were up to me, I'd make the following changes:

• Get rid of the crescent moon and goat horns and use the horn in this pic.
  • Get rid of the awful gradient numbers.
  • Get rid of the bone color and replace with white jerseys.
  • Get rid of bone pants, do not replace with white. All white uniforms SUCK. Use either blue or yellow pants.

v2ZsXqD.png

Still needs more. Shows what a failure this set was that we can fix the 4 worst things and it's still awful

fiowXOD.png

The gradient numbers are terrible, but I can get on board with sans-serif numbers for the Rams. A design that otherwise stayed true to the old Rams uniforms could have updated the numbers accordingly (and should have, the Rams' block numbers always looked cheap) and made it fit well the way the Bears do with their non-block numbers.

Balance out the universe by restoring block numbers to, I dunno, the Bengals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The gradient numbers are terrible, but I can get on board with sans-serif numbers for the Rams. A design that otherwise stayed true to the old Rams uniforms could have updated the numbers accordingly (and should have, the Rams' block numbers always looked cheap) and made it fit well the way the Bears do with their non-block numbers.

Balance out the universe by restoring block numbers to, I dunno, the Bengals.

If these unforms never existed, and they rolled these out now (in the current colors), I think many would consider them in the top tier of the league.

Before they messed with the pants, this was one of my favorites.  Even the "dull" colors looked great under natural light.  I get that we were never going to get a simple recolor, but that's all that was needed.

51694693.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree that while the Royal/Yellow is my favorite of the Rams' color schemes and the best by far, the 2000s Navy/Gold are TERRIBLY UNDERRATED. The Navy/white is crisp too. The Rams just could never lose when it came to looks. That is, until this year's abomination

fiowXOD.png

Nah, no more navy, please. In the 2000s every team that was blue switched to navy and it made things so incredibly boring. The LA Rams' uniforms were vibrant and exciting ... The St. Louis Rams' were dull and sludgy.

I get it - bright blue isn't grim, or serious, or angry enough. Let's have angry colors to show how much we want to win. Please. It's 2020! Let's retire navy along with piping (shudder). Bring back royal! Bring back stripes!

/soapbox

Archived