Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

41 minutes ago, doctorpeligro said:

With all due respect to @TruColor, that is incorrect.  Both of these images are from CCSLN.  The colors are different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

With all due respect to sportslogos.net, I trust TruColor's knowledge of the colors actually used moreso than the colors graphically represented here.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

With all due respect to @TruColor, that is incorrect.  Both of these images are from CCSLN.  The colors are different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is the dress black and blue or white and gold? I trust TruColor over an eye test. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

As wonderful as the main site has been as a logo database, essential for creating concepts, it has never been reliable for determining official Pantone color selections.

I would really trust TruColor more in this regard, as the purpose of that whole site is showcasing official color specifications.

That’s being generous. But yes, colors are a huge problem. 

The teams haven’t been good stewards of their own visual history (especially before the digital era), and most of what is posted on the mothership comes from the teams.  I bet we can find a handful of problems on every single entry for any team that predates the 90s, and even on many that don’t.

I thought most of what is posted on the mothership gets run by Pantone. He's credited all over the site for fixing stuff. Every NHL team is listed as having adopted a new primary for 1999-2000 because he went in and tweaked the colors ever so slightly.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The "mothership" doesn't even have some NBA logos post 2017 (but they can program a bot!)  I'm not sure I'd put any stock into what's on there.  It's basically wikipedia of sports logos.

Example:

https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/222/Cleveland_Cavaliers/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Los Angeles Rams Hope To Unveil New Alternate Uniform Each Season

November 7, 2020 - 05:17 AM

When the Los Angeles Rams unveiled their new home and road uniforms this spring, they also teased two alternate uniforms still to come in 2021 and 2022, respectively. That said, Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff has plans that go well beyond that. “Our goal, hopefully, is we can get

Read More...

12 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Los Angeles Rams Hope To Unveil New Alternate Uniform Each Season

November 7, 2020 - 05:17 AM

When the Los Angeles Rams unveiled their new home and road uniforms this spring, they also teased two alternate uniforms still to come in 2021 and 2022, respectively. That said, Rams chief operating officer Kevin Demoff has plans that go well beyond that. “Our goal, hopefully, is we can get

Read More...

Is this because everybody dislikes their current designs?

29 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Trying to start an NBA-inspired alternate uniform program is exactly the kind of crap I'd expect from this joke franchise

Let's be real. Nike conned the NBA into it, probably after the NFL initially passed in 2012. They broke the ice with color rush, now the rams. Bon Jovi ass slope we're on now. 

6 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Trying to start an NBA-inspired alternate uniform program is exactly the kind of crap I'd expect from this joke franchise

Dolla dolla bill ya'll (with jersey sales) 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

8 hours ago, TruColor said:

Here's an apples-to-apples comparison of the Chargers' logos...with the colors matching to Pantone Digital specifications:

spacer.png

(Hint: the Powder Blues and Golds are identical)

Thanks - glad to have confirmation.

Extra outlines make all the difference, in this case removing the navy is an instant upgrade. 

It’s been talked about already, but the shape of the new bolt really is so much better than the old too — so much better balanced. It’s one of those things you don’t realize needed fixing until it was actually fixed.

Archived