Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 11/24/2020 at 1:13 PM, BBTV said:

The split makes it not look like a horn.  The crescent moon comparisons are pretty accurate.  If you didn't know it was the Rams helmet, it'd be tough to say what it was.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Ridleylash said:

It's also something they've had for most of their very, very long history. The split horn looks like half of an aperture more then a ram's horn.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:42 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

This was really all they had to do (plus maybe adding numbers to the shoulders, but still). It’s disappointing that they dove so deep into multiple tangents (fibonacci, streetwear, California vibes or whatever) that they completely missed this.

The segmented horn really is the worst part about the new design. Looking at the new horn without the segment, it’s actually quite nice, even though I’d probably prefer it to have that final spiral, despite understanding the functional difficulties of it.

Still, I like how the new horn shape (unsegmented) “descends” in thickness throughout, and it at least still registers as a horn, something the current helmet doesn’t have going for it.

Those mockups would have been perfect for the Rams, though. Add in a yellow alt with white pants, and they’d be set. I wouldn’t even mind if they threw in blue pants, on rare occasion, if they wanted to stay a bit more modern.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone disagree that the Rams have the worst uniforms in the league?

The shades of blue and yellow look so amateur. The bone...my lord. If anyone should have that base color for an away uni, it’s not an LA team with bright colors. The sleeves...weird half curves, cheap (suddenly italicized?) numbers that are thrown on there off centered. It just looks...so bad. 

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

I can only because I consider the Falcons to be the absolute worst uniforms in the NFL and to me, it's not close. The Rams uniforms are very disappointing, however, don't get me wrong.

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

The shades of blue and yellow look so amateur. The bone...my lord. If anyone should have that base color for an away uni, it’s not an LA team with bright colors. The sleeves...weird half curves, cheap (suddenly italicized?) numbers that are thrown on there off centered. It just looks...so bad. 

Italicized numbers?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, sayahh said:

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

1 hour ago, Durden said:

I can only because I consider the Falcons to be the absolute worst uniforms in the NFL and to me, it's not close.

The Titans would like to enter the room as well.

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

We might have become inured to terrible uniforms like the Cardinals, but that doesn't mean they ceased to exist.

Truth.

It's so sad that such an awesome helmet is paired with the complete garbage pile that is the Bengals' uniforms. And they've had them for many, many years now, so they're never likely to change them.

Also, the Broncos. They only looked cool for a couple years in the 90s. And like the Bengals, they got rid of an iconic uniform to switch to that mess.

Here are my lists of tiers:

Great Unis - Don't change a thing

• Bills
  • Chiefs
  • Raiders
  • Chargers
  • Steelers
  • Browns
  • Colts
  • 49ers
  • Packers
  • Bears

Good Unis - Could be great with a couple tweaks

• Dolphins
  • Eagles
  • Giants
  • Washington
  • Cowboys
  • Vikings
  • Saints

Mediocre Unis

• Patriots
  • Jets
  • Texans
  • Seahawks
  • Panthers
  • Lions
  • Ravens

Scrap Everything and Start over (minus some of the helmets)

• Cardinals
  • Broncos
  • Jags
  • Bengals
  • Titans
  • Rams
  • Falcons
  • Bucs

7 hours ago, Durden said:

I can only because I consider the Falcons to be the absolute worst uniforms in the NFL and to me, it's not close. The Rams uniforms are very disappointing, however, don't get 

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

Italicized numbers?

The TV numbers on the bone jersey are italicized and they just look so cheap. Man, the Falcons are kinda dumb but they’re so simplistic and harmless to me. The Rams just look awful. 

8 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

The shades of blue and yellow look so amateur.

How so?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The Bucs?!?

I know a lot of posters like the return to the super bowl era unis. I'm not one of them. Just because it is better than the previous garbage doesn't mean it's good. Pewter is awful. They may be more in the mediocre category, but I'm definitely in the camp of wanting a return to the creamsicle.  

I think all the Bengals have to do is lose the side panels and straighten up the pants stripe and they're fine. Number font, yoked white jerseys and all.

But what they really should do is throw some orange in the color rush set and make black and orange versions and you're done.

And I actually kinda like the Broncos unis. Unless they're going to the color rush (with white pants) I'd say stick with you have because the grass isn't always greener.

5 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I know a lot of posters like the return to the super bowl era unis. I'm not one of them. Just because it is better than the previous garbage doesn't mean it's good. Pewter is awful. They may be more in the mediocre category, but I'm definitely in the camp of wanting a return to the creamsicle.  

Even still, putting it on the same level as the Rams and Titans is criminal

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Just now, Ridleylash said:

I mean, I love the creamsicles as much as the next guy...but the Super Bowl look is FAR from being terrible.

I think the Super Bowl set looked good in 2002, but without the shiny pants it looks dull and bad nowadays. I'd prefer it over the creamsicles if Nike could somehow figure out how to do metallic pants but until that day it'll just look bad to me.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Here are my lists of tiers:

Great Unis - Don't change a thing

• Bills
  • Chiefs
  • Raiders
  • Chargers
  • Steelers
  • Browns
  • Colts
  • 49ers
  • Packers
  • Bears

Good Unis - Could be great with a couple tweaks

• Dolphins
  • Eagles
  • Giants
  • Washington
  • Cowboys
  • Vikings
  • Saints

Mediocre Unis

• Patriots
  • Jets
  • Texans
  • Seahawks
  • Panthers
  • Lions
  • Ravens

Scrap Everything and Start over (minus some of the helmets)

• Cardinals
  • Broncos
  • Jags
  • Bengals
  • Titans
  • Rams
  • Falcons
  • Bucs

I agree with most of these besides the bolded.

I'd put the Chargers in the tweaks category. I think blue jerseys need that white panel/background behind the bolt or the reverse on the white but a blue panel (Similar to the Tomlinson era.)

I Think the Bucs belong in good, even with nike ruining pewter, Broncos in mediocre and the Jags probably in mediocre too. Jags are a few tweaks/additions of teal/gold away from being good.

53 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

The TV numbers on the bone jersey are italicized and they just look so cheap. Man, the Falcons are kinda dumb but they’re so simplistic and harmless to me. The Rams just look awful. 

Holy hell - you're right.  I didn't realize those were italicized.  That makes absolutely no sense.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived