And then immediately switched to these

spacer.png

Are there any others?

spacer.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rattyrattera said:

Penguins wore their Vegas gold jerseys when won the Cup in 2016, before going full time with the throwbacks

It almost makes me happy that the NHL refs practically gave the Pens every call in the following Stanley Cup Finals, so we could get this.

2017-stanley-cup-final.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Well, my distaste for the Nashville Predators also colored me wanting the Pens to win. 

Of course that wasn't the first time the Penguins changed uniforms after winning the championship. They (in)famously ditched the skating penguin for the robopenguin/gin n juice jerseys after going back-to-back in 91 and 92.

Florida State unveiled the 1.0 version of their current uniforms right after winning the 2014 national championship.

BCS_Championship_Football-06024-1097.jpg

FSUF.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2007 Grey Cup was the swan song for the wraparound helmet logo for the Grey Cup Champion Saskatchewan Roughriders.  Also the end of the triangular pant striping.

spacer.png  spacer.png

Showed up in 2008 with no more wraparound helmet logo but more traditional pant striping.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Andy said:

Of course that wasn't the first time the Penguins changed uniforms after winning the championship. They (in)famously ditched the skating penguin for the robopenguin/gin n juice jerseys after going back-to-back in 91 and 92.

The 91 Stanley Cup was also the last appearance of the North Stars iconic jersey before they switched to the ST*RS one

On 5/15/2020 at 4:19 PM, Wade Heidt said:

2007 Grey Cup was the swan song for the wraparound helmet logo for the Grey Cup Champion Saskatchewan Roughriders.  Also the end of the triangular pant striping.

spacer.png  spacer.png

Showed up in 2008 with no more wraparound helmet logo but more traditional pant striping.

spacer.png

Speaking of the Riders:
5Cuwjz1EAZdsnpzR5nglk9uVTFh_fNdhwSK1orRm

The Riders retired their 1985 uniform style at the 1989 Grey Cup. When a new CFL season and decade began the next year, they removed the sleeve striping, giving us this look that stayed until 2004 (with small modifications along the way during that time).

Mike-Lazecki-Saskatchewan-Roughriders-19

Also, the B.C. Lions said goodbye to their 2005 jerseys @ the 2011 Grey Cup:

lulay-reilly-2011-1-1600x902-1600x902.jp

The next year found a slightly modified version of that look:

k0_V3JoVGkaOzSzP9uIN8epbTAQWoKBQwnkQhokd

UBwef0L.png

Talking another minor change to uniforms after a Grey Cup win.  1991 champion Toronto Argonauts wore white pants at home which featured striping better suited to their old uniform designs in the 1980s to 1990.

spacer.png

They changed the pant striping in their white pants in time for the 1992 season:

spacer.png

On 5/15/2020 at 12:25 PM, Andy said:

I found both the Penguins and Rockets decisions to be kind of odd.  I think with the Rams, the change was well underway and probably a done deal by the time they won the Super Bowl. But with the Penguins and Rockets, they changed after two seasons, which I suspect means they hadn't passed the point of no return after the first title...you'd think they would have scrapped the idea of changing at that point.  Particularly given that Pittsburgh had a fairly iconic and well-established logo.  Houston's uniform might have been kinda plain, but it's a strange time to shift that much to something that goofy.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:17 PM, Bruhammydude said:

The Broncos finally won a Super the season they changed to the Navy uniforms (I know it doesn't totally fit but I still want to share it)

The 1987 Twins did the same.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived