NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pelicanfan said:

Pelicans finally reveal it 

Is this the first example of a retail jersey being significantly different from the game jersey? I totally understand why they did it, they want fans to have all three colors, but I don't think I've ever seen a jersey differ so greatly from the retail version.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Pelicans finally reveal it 

i started to figure there's no way the shorts could have been blue because the proportions would be so uneven. I like them now, it's a classy white focused jersey with some nice color blocking

These are actually pretty nice, glad they got rid of the thin blue on the bottom that would’ve disappeared when tucked in.

Was looking around on NBA 2K21 on my PS5 this morning, and decided to screenshot a couple of new courts that we hadn't yet seen.

Cleveland Cavaliers:

spacer.png

They reverted from the gold(yellow) baselines they had while commemorating the franchise's 50th anniversary. The key area is also void of any color.

Charlotte Hornets:

spacer.png 

Absolutely beautiful update to coincide with their new uniform set. The design speaks for itself.

Toronto Raptors:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Relatively similar to last year's court, but they've reduced the baseline text to say just "Toronto", as opposed to the entire team name. And they also have the word "North" repeat in different languages among the sideline. They’ve also incorporated the tonal chevron pattern from their alternate court, onto this one.

Oklahoma City Thunder:

spacer.png

Very clean refresh. Using white lines to mark the court seems to be the better option, in comparison to the navy they were using. They also updated the baseline wordmark.

this is like the first time I've seen the Thunder change their court in probably over a decade. Or somewhere around that. As for the cavs thank god the border is black again and they're returning to the old look... except they decided to take out the maroon/wine paint??? 

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Relatively similar to last year's court, but they've reduced the baseline text to say just "Toronto", as opposed to the entire team name. And they also have the word "North" repeat in different languages among the sideline. They’ve also incorporated the tonal chevron pattern from their alternate court, onto this one.

Oh my... That "North" madness will never stop. "We The North" on sideline is enough so "North" doesn't need to be repeated multiple times in different languages. Anyway could you make a screenshot from North to North? It could help me to prepare that for 2k14.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, Krz said:

This was in the uniwatch article, is it legit? 
spacer.png

I’ve seen some fashion/custom jerseys that are very similar to this, but without the outlined wordmark.

I don’t have the link, but another rumor I’ve heard for Utah is that the City Edition will be black, but with the same red rock/sunset  gradient trim as the last City Edition jersey.

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Is this the first example of a retail jersey being significantly different from the game jersey? I totally understand why they did it, they want fans to have all three colors, but I don't think I've ever seen a jersey differ so greatly from the retail version.

You must not be old enough to remember Champion replica jerseys.

H3BRMnst8qXGBPrm-mxzqI6ZhOIfGDSjapNrP8Rt

shado_logo.gif

Just now, Shadojoker said:

You must not be old enough to remember Champion replica jerseys.

H3BRMnst8qXGBPrm-mxzqI6ZhOIfGDSjapNrP8Rt

Oh my, that is very bad. Why on earth are there pinstripes on the Raptors jersey but not the Hornets?

the user formerly known as cdclt

12 minutes ago, QCS said:

Oh my, that is very bad. Why on earth are there pinstripes on the Raptors jersey but not the Hornets?

Peep the Nuggets without skylines, Sonics without the stripes and many other flaws. And that's just with these pics. I'll find more later. (Busy working)

Edit: Indiana clearly missing the Flo Jo racing stripes.

image_b427652c-86d8-40f0-bceb-f45041cb9c

There are many more. But these ran for like $40, while authentic were $100. So you'd see why they skimp on the details. They made a KILLING with affordable uniforms.

shado_logo.gif

Bulls Reveal City Uniform, A Tribute to Art Deco

November 13, 2020 - 16:47 PM

The Chicago Bulls today officially unveiled their new 2020-21 NBA City Edition uniform designed alongside Nike. The uniform is a love letter to the city’s architecture and art deco style, a departure from the flag-heavy designs the club has worn as their City uniform in recent seasons. Black with gold

Read More...

2 hours ago, Krz said:

This was in the uniwatch article, is it legit? 
spacer.png

I admire the work that Paul Lukas does but he historically gets NBA stuff wrong all the time. I know basketball is his least favorite sport uniform-wise, but it's hard for me to take most of his NBA news seriously.

14 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

That jersey is so fake as evidenced by the ad patch being too small and on a retail jersey no less.

Team stores sell retail jerseys with ad patches. But yes, it is way too small. 

Please Spurs...tell us there's an Alamodome floor to go with these jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived