Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

On 10/2/2019 at 10:39 PM, McCarthy said:

yeah the plume feather is weird and always was, especially the way it made their helmets look from the back,

quarterback-trent-dilfer-of-the-tampa-ba

Hear me out, What if you did an inverted set of these? 

Even if modernized still get the idea with updated Bucce logo. Red jersey trimmed in creamsicle & white, White trimmed in Creamsicle & red on the red, The above ones as throwbacks/3rd jersey with an option of creamsicle pants because monochrome creamsicle.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

Hear me out, What if you did an inverted set of these? 

Even if modernized still get the idea with updated Bucce logo. Red jersey trimmed in creamsicle & white, White trimmed in Creamsicle & red on the red, The above ones as throwbacks/3rd jersey with an option of creamsicle pants because monochrome creamsicle.

I don’t know that I’m a fan of that idea. Monochrome creamsicle would be too much and all the red and white with creamsicle could look really muddy

spacer.png

On 10/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, the admiral said:

I thought maybe pewter could work as the outline color so that there's a little more of it, and that on a white helmet it would be a nice accent to call back to the old pewter helmets, but the problem then is that you have a logo where there's not very much of the team's predominant color (presuming jerseys would be creamsicle) and a whole lot of the accent colors (dark red, pewter).

It works for the Vikings

wpid-pi-minnesota_vikings_logo-2014.jpg

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-pc/959773-new-bucs-uniforms-suggestion-numbers.html#post2049932504

Saw this on operation Sports forum and I think it's a good direction for the Bucs. It's not going all the way back to the last rebranding but it is an improvement on the current branding.

9WMEr44.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Put an orange outline around those numbers and i’d be down with it. Actually just noticed there are no shoulder numbers nor any room for them, so yeah no.

He probably deleted the shoulder numbers because for some reason the Frosty editor has the shoulder numbers in a different area than would be the case for other teams with different colored shoulder numbers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Put an orange outline around those numbers and i’d be down with it. Actually just noticed there are no shoulder numbers nor any room for them, so yeah no.

There is definitely room for them. There is certainly more room than what the panthers got.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:59 PM, andrewharrington said:

I think the distinction, though, is that a buccaneer was typically a government-sanctioned privateer and thus should be depicted with a little more grandeur and polish than a regular ol’ pirate, which I don’t necessarily disagree with.  It’s a tough subject to work with because nearly everyone’s understanding of pirate culture is built on tropes and stereotypes.

I generally prefer the flag for them, though it does present its own challenges trying to keep the imagery distinct from the Raiders’ brand.

I think this gets to the root of why I like Bucco Bruce. 

The Raiders may not technically employ a jolly roger in their brand but it just seems to "fit" the Raiders' brand more. Black, skulls, crossbones. It feels at home with the Raiders. It's a tougher and rougher brand that lends itself to that symbolism. 

Meanwhile Bruce represents what distinguishes a Buccaneer from a pirate (or "raider" if you will). 

He's more dashing, has more class. What Brian calls foppish? I see as a certain flair for the dramatic. It embraces a more romantic swashbuckling image that I think fits the Buccaneers and helps distance themselves from the Raiders. Hat plume and all. 

@adam__cain even pointed out that this style of dashing buccaneer was even used in Pirates of the Caribbean. Often in contrast to the rougher pirate characters. 

Speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean? That series' signature piece of music- He's a Pirate actually seems more fitting for a buccaneer. It's exciting, puts me in mind of the Flynn swashbuckling movies, and a sort of daring flair for the dramatic. That's the sort of thing that I think makes Bruce work as a logo. 

Bucco Bruce was and still is one of my favorite uniforms but that 1997 uniform change was a thing a beauty. I was so angry with them losing the original unis but ablout halway through 97, they grew on me. Shoulda stayed with them forever. that 1997. Sorry Bucco Bruce.Image result for buccaneers orange uniformsImage result for buccaneers 1997 uniforms

On 10/6/2019 at 7:02 AM, dont care said:

No, I’ve seen concepts where they tried with pewter and it looked disjointed, I’m sure black would look even worse.

I'm sure pewter and creamsicle probably would not look very good. 

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Meanwhile Bruce represents what distinguishes a Buccaneer from a pirate (or "raider" if you will). 

He's more dashing, has more class. What Brian calls foppish? I see as a certain flair for the dramatic. It embraces a more romantic swashbuckling image that I think fits the Buccaneers and helps distance themselves from the Raiders. Hat plume and all. 

@adam__cain even pointed out that this style of dashing buccaneer was even used in Pirates of the Caribbean. Often in contrast to the rougher pirate characters. 

The reality, of course, is that what actually distinguished a buccaneer from a pirate is that the former - at least initially - carried a letter of marque from a government entity, granting him permission to attack and seize vessels from nations at war with the issuer. I say "initially" because it was not uncommon for buccaneers/corsairs/privateers who started out scrupulously adhering to the terms of their issued letter of marque to later engage in acts of piracy when it suited them. Likewise, it was not unheard of for governments, as a matter of convenience, to  issue letters of marque to known pirates when it suited the state's needs, thus adding an air of legitimacy to the actions of the former criminals.

Further, those dubbed buccaneers were government-authorized privateers operating in the Caribbean.

The point being, the notion that there were hard-and-fast styles of dress and behavior particular to buccaneers/corsairs/privateers versus pirates is nonsense.

In any event, what seems apparent is that most of us agree that something needs to be done with the modern, football-playing Buccaneers' uniforms. They are a sartorial dumpster-fire.     

6 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

The point being, the notion that there were hard-and-fast styles of dress and behavior particular to buccaneers/corsairs/privateers versus pirates is nonsense.

That's true, and it would be very poignant if the Raiders didn't exist. It would give the Bucs more room to branch out into general pirate imagery. 

The Raiders do exist though, and predate the Buccaneers. So while there was no hard line between buccaneers and pirates? The fact remains that the two terms represent two different sides of the same coin. The line was blurry in actuality, yes, but the Buccaneers needing to stay away from the imagery the Raiders use means they should, in my opinion, lean into the ideals behind what would make a buccaneer distinct. 

9 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

The reality, of course, is that what actually distinguished a buccaneer from a pirate is that the former - at least initially - carried a letter of marque from a government entity, granting him permission to attack and seize vessels from nations at war with the issuer. I say "initially" because it was not uncommon for buccaneers/corsairs/privateers who started out scrupulously adhering to the terms of their issued letter of marque to later engage in acts of piracy when it suited them. Likewise, it was not unheard of for governments, as a matter of convenience, to  issue letters of marque to known pirates when it suited the state's needs, thus adding an air of legitimacy to the actions of the former criminals.

Further, those dubbed buccaneers were government-authorized privateers operating in the Caribbean.

In any event, what seems apparent is that most of us agree that something needs to be done with the modern, football-playing Buccaneers' uniforms. They are a sartorial dumpster-fire.     

What’s nonsense is pretending a privateer who had to report back to a commander or government official presented him or herself with the same level of dress and decorum (or lack thereof) as a career sea burglar. 🙄

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Buccaneers were privateers, and privateers were pirates. It’s literally 2 words talking about the same thing just ones backed by the Spanish and French were known as buccaneers, and ones backed by the English were known as pirates.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:57 PM, joekono said:

Bucco Bruce was and still is one of my favorite uniforms but that 1997 uniform change was a thing a beauty. I was so angry with them losing the original unis but ablout halway through 97, they grew on me. Shoulda stayed with them forever. that 1997. Sorry Bucco Bruce.

This is exactly how I felt.  I loved the Creamsicle Bucs from the first time I saw them.  I remember being surprised they'd kept them so long. 

When I heard they were getting new uniforms I was not surprised but nevertheless disappointed.  Then, when I saw them,  I thought "wow; nailed it."

Ultimately, the Creamsilces are still my favorite Bucs uniforms (and top-5 NFL).  And if I were king, they'd go back to those colors, the template, the white helmets with the same trim and a toned-down, less detailed logo on the helmets.  That said, I don't see that color scheme coming back full time. And the 1997 uniforms were really, really good and there's no reason they should have dumped them in favor of some silly clownsuit.  Bring 'em back!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 10/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-pc/959773-new-bucs-uniforms-suggestion-numbers.html#post2049932504

Saw this on operation Sports forum and I think it's a good direction for the Bucs. It's not going all the way back to the last rebranding but it is an improvement on the current branding.

9WMEr44.jpg

That is cool, especially with the last Jaguars font. I personally thought they should have kept the font, but it works on the Bucs.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Archived