Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

Ugh, this reminds me of the Jags in how frustrating it is. Get back to basics from the overdesigned garbage you switched to (yay!) but shy away from colors that made that the original so good in the first place.

And you KNOW their alternates are gonna be black here
EDIT: Article says the alts will be pewter. Oh boy....

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I'm really surprised by the block number font.  I really thought that the days of standard block numbers on uniforms were in the past, and that NFL teams would primarily be using custom fonts (even if there's just a minor deviation from something standard) just for the sake of saying "it's ours". 

Well, he said a block font, not necessarily a "standard block font".  My guess it'll still be custom, just with a more traditional feel.  There are a lot of people who would describe the current Jets, Jags, Cardinals, and others as block fonts, but all are noticeably unique. 

Details Emerge About New Bucs Uniforms for 2020

March 12, 2020 - 14:04 PM

Via “an industry source who has requested anonymity”, Paul Lukas at UniWatch has revealed details on the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniforms set to debut for the 2020 NFL season. Paul described the new look, as we’d heard late last […]

Read More...

6 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Ugh, this reminds me of the Jags in how frustrating it is. Get back to basics from the overdesigned garbage you switched to (yay!) but shy away from colors that made that the original so good in the first place.

And you KNOW their alternates are gonna be black here
EDIT: Article says the alts will be pewter. Oh boy....

To be frank, they haven't shied away from the colors that made the original so good: red and pewter. 

Interesting that they've reintroduced black. I personally had liked the red socks with the pewter pants and pewter socks with white pants. 

9 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

To be frank, they haven't shied away from the colors that made the original so good: red and pewter. 

Interesting that they've reintroduced black. I personally had liked the red socks with the pewter pants and pewter socks with white pants. 

Maybe they'll add/keep the red socks for more alternative looks. I'd imagine that if they got red over white they'd use red socks every so often.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Removing Orange would be a giant screw you to the fanbase.  This makes no sense.  I hope Paul is being worked.

Plus, the football in the logo will still be orange, unless that's changed, too...so that'll make no sense at all if that's the only orange in the entire rebrand. 

I'm not buying this.  

If this is the set, I wouldn't be surprised if the Swoosh was the element of the uniform that was orange. That way the color is still present

They're definitely a lot better than the :censored: sandwich that got trotted out before...but...they're so...bland. 

I'd have figured they'd have gone with a white helmet to take advantage of the creamsicle nostalgia, too. Guess I was wrong.

I was really hoping NIKE could introduce some shine to the pewter pants....I find it hard to believe the technology is not around to bring the shine back instead of the horrid matte look. 

spacer.png

Details Emerge About New Buccaneers Uniforms for 2020

March 12, 2020 - 15:29 PM

Via “an industry source who has requested anonymity”, Paul Lukas at UniWatch has revealed details on the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers uniforms set to debut for the 2020 NFL season. Paul described the new look, as we’d heard late last […]

Read More...

Details Emerge About New Buccaneers Uniforms for 2020

March 12, 2020 - 15:39 PM

Read More...

Details of New Buccaneers Uniforms for 2020 Emerge

March 12, 2020 - 15:45 PM

Read More...

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, he said a block font, not necessarily a "standard block font".  My guess it'll still be custom, just with a more traditional feel.  There are a lot of people who would describe the current Jets, Jags, Cardinals, and others as block fonts, but all are noticeably unique. 

Maybe a 'tattered' block font? 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Everyone is aware that this is based on a concept style mock up, created by someone who hasn't seen the uniform, based on verbal information provided by someone who had seen it, but wasn't allowed to take a picture, right?  And in describing the uniform, the person who had seen it used the phrase "I think" a lot.

Holy crap, when did I become the voice of reason around here?

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

For obviou$ rea$on$, that’$ never gonna happen. 

I'd disagree. They haven't created that uniform for over 5 years, so wear and tear means people would be in the market to replace that 2012 jersey or buy a completely new one because they've only had the 2014/2015 models. 

3 hours ago, kutztown said:

The whole "no orange, at least from what I could see" thing has me scratching my head.  How do you get a sneak peak and not know for certain, especially when that's an area of concern for so many of us uni-fanatics?  If true, it never fails that there is one element of a uniform that is added (or omitted) just to drive people like us absolutely insane.  Also, I'm really surprised by the block number font.  I really thought that the days of standard block numbers on uniforms were in the past, and that NFL teams would primarily be using custom fonts (even if there's just a minor deviation from something standard) just for the sake of saying "it's ours". 

Unless he was given a fuzzy picture, which makes no sense, I think he's not being truthful as to what he has or hasn't seen.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived