G League elite prospect team to be called "Ignite"

Waffles

The unaffiliated G League team comprised of elite players forgoing college will be called "NBA G League Ignite". They've unveiled a wordmark, with the rest of the logo to come:

1350x450.jpg

The bold, capitalized font of the NBA G League Ignite wordmark heralds the team’s energetic commitment to basketball development and serves as an anchor for the team’s full identity and uniform designs, which will be unveiled at a later date.

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

The bold, capitalized font of the NBA G League Ignite wordmark heralds the team’s energetic commitment to basketball development and serves as an anchor for the team’s full identity and uniform designs, which will be unveiled at a later date.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my god, this is one of the best ones.  How the hell does a blurry font "herald the team’s energetic commitment to basketball development "???

Is it supposed to look blurry like how things do when viewed behind a flame that just ignited?  Is it supposed to be shaking... which has nothing to do with igniting?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

Why are all the none-and-done kids being put on the same team? Even if G-League teams are affiliated with NBA squads, couldn’t they spread these younger guys across the league to see how they gel with more experienced players?

Because then teams could be accused of 'ruining' prospects that they know they won't be able to draft, or maybe putting a guy that they do want into bad situations so that he doesn't look good and other teams pass on him.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 4/18/2020 at 9:53 AM, the admiral said:

I like it a lot better than them being a team from nowhere like the "Gatorade Nike 31ite" [pron: elite] or something. 

Close but no energy chew

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

Because then teams could be accused of 'ruining' prospects that they know they won't be able to draft, or maybe putting a guy that they do want into bad situations so that he doesn't look good and other teams pass on him.  

Neither Portland nor Denver have total or partial affiliation with any existing G-League team. It seems like they could at least split the fresh-out-of-high school kids among two league-run teams that also have experienced players on their rosters...

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:04 PM, BBTV said:

A reason for basketball to adopt a baseball-like rule: declare for the draft right out of high school or stay in college for two years.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• 4 months later...

Archived