NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

17 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Colts have a new horse logo?!

E61abCoXoAEk5i9?format=jpg&name=medium

16 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Baltimore's primary logo until '71, for comparison

Baltimore Colts Logo Primary Logo (1961-1978) - Blue bucking colt with a football, wearing a Colts helmet SportsLogos.Net328

It's from the 1956 media guide.

smkmuXL.png

Similar logos were used in 1953, 1954, and 1955.

tDv1Pto.png

• Like 15

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 hours ago, insert name said:

If Under Armour can figure it out with UCLA, I'm sure Nike can too. I think it's absurd after all these years and they haven't produced a uniform that can properly display looping shoulder stipes. 

They did try for a hot minute with the college equivalent of the elite 51 template with lsu and miss but once they moved to the vapor series nike regressed to the hard cutoff at the chest. It's evident that the short shoulder inserts are deemed good enough in the eyes of nike where replicating what ua did for ucla as a niche/edge case that's not worth their time to design and produce.

3 hours ago, insert name said:

If Under Armour can figure it out with UCLA, I'm sure Nike can too. I think it's absurd after all these years and they haven't produced a uniform that can properly display looping shoulder stipes. 

They have, just had no time to do a proper design but instead just transfer the design to their current template. If UCLA really wants full shoulder loops they’ll have them in the future.spacer.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

So, tell me again why San Francisco can’t do 3 sleeve stripes and sock stripes?

They choose not to. Their own throwbacks have three stripes.

spacer.png

• Like 15

5 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Have a feeling this won't be accepted by many on this board lol

I have always thought that people on this board have a hard time accepting that alot of teams just don't want to do something including myself sometimes.

It's like why wouldn't you want to put 3 stripes on your jersey? The 49ers have had that for decades. They can't be that stupid right? Oh well.

• Like 4

bSLCtu2.png

17 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They choose not to. Their own throwbacks have three stripes.

spacer.png

What's the official rule for how many times alternate uniforms can be work these days? In eight home games, the 49ers will be wearing these throwbacks four times. That's not an "alternate", that's a co-primary. 

There might have been a time when the NFL had strict standard on what could be worn as an alt, and how often, but those days are gone. Sure, let's throw alternate helmets into this confusing gumbo. It's going to be a mess.

• Like 5

On 7/21/2021 at 7:44 PM, ManillaToad said:

Baltimore's primary logo until '71, for comparison

Baltimore Colts Logo Primary Logo (1961-1978) - Blue bucking colt with a football, wearing a Colts helmet SportsLogos.Net328

Have we talked about how that tail mimics the Ravens logo shape?

What I REALLY meant to say was how the Ravens' logo mimics the Colts' tail shape. Thanks @MJWalker45!

Edited by Sec19Row53
D'oh!

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What's the official rule for how many times alternate uniforms can be work these days? In eight home games, the 49ers will be wearing these throwbacks four times. That's not an "alternate", that's a co-primary. 

There might have been a time when the NFL had strict standard on what could be worn as an alt, and how often, but those days are gone. Sure, let's throw alternate helmets into this confusing gumbo. It's going to be a mess.

Since it's an anniversary year, they're getting a little more leeway. I believe it's still three times per jersey.  And since we're talking about anniversary jerseys, did anyone remember the Browns uniform is getting released tomorrow? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

46 minutes ago, dont care said:

I doubt they were trying to mimic the tail and making it look like it’s eating the horses ass.

I mean, if they’re into that kind of stuff, then more power to them, I guess...

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 10:29 PM, guest23 said:

There are few round number fonts that work well in gridiron football. I think the bears get a pass simply due to longevity. The rams font does not belong in the nfl but if you removed the textured /swirl treatment, it would look good on the pitch or basketball court.

The key to the Bears' numbers working is that they're as simple and utilitarian as can be. The 1 is a straight line just as you'd write one. Lots of curved numbers have flourishes to them. These don't.

I agree on the Rams' numbers feeling kind of soccer-y but I guess that's more feature than bug at this point.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫