NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 8/4/2021 at 5:37 PM, guest23 said:

The pattern that goes from the crown to the bill is one of the worst elements I've ever seen from new era. On some of the hat models it doesn't even line up correctly. Not sure what look they were going for here...looks like the embroidery machine got jammed.

Yeah that looks like a mid-2000's era hat.  Which isn't a good thing, fashion typically only becomes cool again after 25-30 years so there's still some time needed until they can bring those designs back.

Apparently New Era is also doing different sideline caps for home and away this year? Is that something that they've always done and I've just been too oblivious to notice? Or is it something that's done in name only, i.e. they have home and away caps but the coaches only wear the home ones all the time?

Either way, the road caps feature a blacked out or predominantly single color logo outlined in the team color. For some teams, I think it actually works pretty well. For others, not so much.

• Like 1

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Crabcake said:

Yeah that looks like a mid-2000's era hat.  Which isn't a good thing, fashion typically only becomes cool again after 25-30 years so there's still some time needed until they can bring those designs back.

Apparently New Era is also doing different sideline caps for home and away this year? Is that something that they've always done and I've just been too oblivious to notice? Or is it something that's done in name only, i.e. they have home and away caps but the coaches only wear the home ones all the time?

Either way, the road caps feature a blacked out or predominantly single color logo outlined in the team color. For some teams, I think it actually works pretty well. For others, not so much.

That Steelers hat is hilarious! Whose bright idea was that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjd77 said:

Please no more navy / yellow.

I'd ask for no more alt, but I appear to be in the minority on that, and I know there's money to be made.

Agreed with 'no more navy'

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd ask for no more alt, but I appear to be in the minority on that, and I know there's money to be made.

Agreed with 'no more navy'

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd prefer they go the kelly green route this time.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 9:20 AM, Old School Fool said:

Very interesting to see these listed as sideline hats.

ff_4225623-b80d2251118f0af52952alt1_full

ff_4225628-d9159de1b0bc237ce314alt1_full

ff_4225625-5d7703643cf2ab80e45calt1_full

I've always felt that the Giants should revisit THAT logo and uniform which they only used once in '75.  Of course I always welcome the TB's orangecicles.  No problem with the Randall era Eagles set but would love to see Jaworski era threads that uses no black.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 2:51 PM, WSU151 said:

On the 2021 sideline attire front, New Era released all the sideline hats this week and they're using this alternate logo for the Ravens, which does look better as a hat logo than the regular helmet logo. 

It's kind of reminiscent of the 90s Hawks and Timberwolves logos and current Grizzlies front-facing mark, but I sort of wish they'd use it more:

Baltimore Ravens NFL Sideline Home 39THIRTY Stretch Fit | Baltimore Ravens Hats | New Era Cap

Ahh the mid '90s.  Birth of the "thick-dark-borders" on logos.  :(

On 8/7/2021 at 12:48 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Packer alt revealed August 19.

I think an issue with this release date (for the Packers org, anyway) is that Madden will be available a few days prior to EA Play members...if the throwback is unlocked in the game, it'll be leaked before the reveal. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Based on the uniform schedule, looks like save for a 10th anniversary SB XLVI day versus the Rams, the Giants are dumping their gray pants on the road uniforms, going for white-on-white full time this year. Feels like a long time coming imo.

ZDKk8HR.png

• Like 3

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL