NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

23 hours ago, JLJ said:

Still thinking about the new Rams away Jersey (manifesting that). I liked the blue Jersey last year, but was really sad about the bone debacle. I finally saw the new jersey and the blue together in this photo today, and now I love the blue. The set finally feels complete. Both of these over the the yellow pants with the blue socks and I’m down with the Rams looking like this for a long time.

G5vUsUQ.jpg

I wanted a modern take on the classics and they did it. If I have to complain the gradient can go, and the bone uniform MUST be relegated to alternate or destroyed next year. Other than that I’m happy, new horn and all.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the gradient, this would actually be a pretty decent set right here. Perfect? No.  Good? Yeah, I'd say so. Where they went wrong was the bone and gradients

• Like 14

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

12 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Honestly, if it wasn't for the gradient, this would actually be a pretty decent set right here. Perfect? No.  Good? Yeah, I'd say so. Where they went wrong was the bone and gradients

The gradients don’t really bug me - in fact, I like the gradient numbers on the blue jersey. 

If you ask me, they went wrong by giving the bone jersey and pants predominantly yellow instead of blue trim, and by segmenting the horns. 

• Like 2

If the Rams came out with these from the get-go they wouldn't be getting near as much praise as they are now. The numbers are the worst in the league, the nametag is beyond stupid, and the shoulders/sleeves are a lame imitation of what was a great look for decades. Their helmets still suck, they still go for the yoga pants half the time, and they promote their uniforms with players who look like they're wearing ballerina tutus. From a 0/10 uniform to a 1/10. Demoff and crew are doing great things out there in Los Angeles

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The numbers are the worst in the league

Tennessee and Atlanta say hello.

Not that it makes the Rams look any better, but they are not the worst. The plastic and gradients are stupid, but at least it's a legible typeface.

• Like 28

spacer.png

Yeah, I'm not sure that I understand what's supposed to be weird about the Rams' number font aside from maybe the shiny outline texture. It's one of the most legible typefaces in the league and is only slightly stylized. I think that was one of the things that they got right with the update.

• Like 18

spacer.png

On 7/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, 4_tattoos said:

So how many years until we see the Rams introduce a yellow version of these?

Probably next year. You'll see a non-gradient number change for the blue, with maybe one or two other tweaks, and you'll see a yellow alt jersey. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, henburg said:

Yeah, I'm not sure that I understand what's supposed to be weird about the Rams' number font aside from the shiny outline texture. It's one of the most legible typefaces in the league and is only slightly stylized. I think that was one of the things that they got right with the update.

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

The number font is probably the least offensive part of the jersey.

It looks like they made the numbers out of fruit roll ups. Much like every other aspect of this rebrand, they were overthinking when it came to the font.

spacer.png

• Like 10

The thing is, with every Nike rebrand, the team will 100% want its own custom font to differentiate from everyone else.

IMO, the only number font that should have never seen the light of day was Tampa Bay 1.0. They fixed that mistake this time around. The Rams number font is completely fine because at least it’s legible.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

It looks like they made the numbers out of fruit roll ups. Much like every other aspect of this rebrand, they were overthinking when it came to the font.

spacer.png

The font is good, though. The shiny parts has nothing to do with the font itself. Remove the shine and make it just a single color and we're good.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The thing is, with every Nike rebrand, the team will 100% want its own custom font to differentiate from everyone else.

IMO, the only number font that should have never seen the light of day was Tampa Bay 1.0. They fixed that mistake this time around. The Rams number font is completely fine because at least it’s legible.

I remember they claimed that custom fonts make it more difficult for counterfeiters. Obviously it hasn't stopped them because every stadium is still filled with fake jerseys regardless of the number fonts.

• Like 5

Just put the horns back together again as one horn, maybe move them inward on the front of the helmet like a real ram, get rid of the hello my name is name tag on jerseys, get rid of gradients and then you have an awesome uniform set. 

• Like 4

On 7/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, ManillaToad said:

If the Rams came out with these from the get-go they wouldn't be getting near as much praise as they are now. The numbers are the worst in the league, the nametag is beyond stupid, and the shoulders/sleeves are a lame imitation of what was a great look for decades. Their helmets still suck, they still go for the yoga pants half the time, and they promote their uniforms with players who look like they're wearing ballerina tutus. From a 0/10 uniform to a 1/10. Demoff and crew are doing great things out there in Los Angeles

Hard disagree. These two jerseys were exactly what I was hoping we’d get from a modern update of the classics.

Are there some things that I didn’t hope for on here? Sure. The gradient isn’t ideal and I’d like the numbers more without the shiny parts. That being said it’s still a nice font. I like the new horn, I like the placement on the sleeves (considering sleeves don’t really exist anymore), and I’m not bothered by the tag at all.

No chance these are panned if the white Jersey was shown in place of that bone set. I just can’t see it. Will everyone love it? Obviously no, but it wouldn’t be the joke of Twitter like the original reveal was.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The font is good, though. The shiny parts has nothing to do with the font itself. Remove the shine and make it just a single color and we're good.

There are few round number fonts that work well in gridiron football. I think the bears get a pass simply due to longevity. The rams font does not belong in the nfl but if you removed the textured /swirl treatment, it would look good on the pitch or basketball court.

• Like 1