NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

25 minutes ago, Bill0813 said:

The Ravens have had a purple jersey since day one in 1996.    A different shade of purple helmet  is a bridge too far?   Whatever monopoly some think Minnesota has on purple is long gone.

They've also only had a black helmet since day one. And the Vikings have had a purple jersey and purple helmet since day one in 1960. Obviously a team can't own a color but it's ridiculous to think that if the Vikings made a black helmet or Ravens made a purple one that it wouldn't look like they're copying each other when they have such a similar color scheme. Vikings should have a purple helmet and shouldn't try out a black one, and the Ravens should have a black helmet and avoid a purple one.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

They've also only had a black helmet since day one. And the Vikings have had a purple jersey and purple helmet since day one in 1960. Obviously a team can't own a color but it's ridiculous to think that if the Vikings made a black helmet or Ravens made a purple one that it wouldn't look like they're copying each other when they have such a similar color scheme. Vikings should have a purple helmet and shouldn't try out a black one, and the Ravens should have a black helmet and avoid a purple one.

The difference is Minnesota uses black as an accent color to purple while Baltimore treats purple as a primary color alongside black.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The difference is Minnesota uses black as an accent color to purple while Baltimore treats purple as a primary color alongside black.

It would be like if the Patriots wore a navy helmet and looked like the Texans, or Bills wore a blue helmet and looked like the Giants. Just because you can because it's a main color, doesn't mean you should

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Ravens could make a black helmet with a purple sheen work. They shouldn’t try to go straight purple though. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, QCS said:

As explains one of the greatest tweets of all time:

In fairness, the first three championships were all about defense, special teams, and team-wide buy-in; Brady didn't truly come into his own as a singular force until 2007. 

• Like 11

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Fair enough, but do they need three shades of blue, two of which they don't even use on their primary uniforms?

They had navy and royal blue as the alternates in the previous design. I guess the current ones are modified versions of those.

43 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

It would be like if the Patriots wore a navy helmet and looked like the Texans, or Bills wore a blue helmet and looked like the Giants. Just because you can because it's a main color, doesn't mean you should

More power to them, honestly. Some may look fine, some may look like :censored:. 

You can’t bar a team from using a main color to its fullest capacity.

• Like 2

Just now, DNAsports said:

You can’t bar a team from using a main color to its fullest capacity.

You're right. But you also can't bar people from thinking it's dumb to do so in certain situations. The Ravens would look dumb with a purple helmet and some people would probably think they copied the Vikings. If they want to put a cluster:censored: on the field, more power to them

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Not sure where or when the f this boomer thing became a thing, but I'll gladly identify with that generation over my own. 

It's been around for a few years. It's partially based on resentment because of the generational wealth gap and partially based on millennials and zoomers wanting to make fun of old people for not being hip.

It's funny being called a boomer for an E-40 reference because E-40 is older than me. I only know who E-40 is because I have friends my age who grew up in Northern California who were shocked I hadn't heard of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, O.C.D said:

It's been around for a few years. It's partially based on resentment because of the generational wealth gap and partially based on millennials and zoomers wanting to make fun of old people for not being hip.

It's funny being called a boomer for an E-40 reference because E-40 is older than me. I only know who E-40 is because I have friends my age who grew up in Northern California who were shocked I hadn't heard of him.

E-40 didn't even make it to worldwide knowledge until like 2006 when "Tell Me When To Go" came out. He was already popular here in California before that but man, that song really did alot to keep his career going and let people know. You're in the clear on this as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 5

bSLCtu2.png

5 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

E-40 didn't even make it to worldwide knowledge until like 2006 when "Tell Me When To Go" came out. He was already popular here in California before that but man, that song really did alot to keep his career going and let people know. You're in the clear on this as far as I'm concerned.

What's sad is growing up in norcal I didn't even know who e-40 was until tell me when to go came out. 

For some reason growing up I was more attracted to East Coast hip hop. So So Def, Bad Boy etc... Never got into west coast and really still not a fan of it.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 10:13 AM, SFGiants58 said:

Joe Montana never wore uniforms with drop shadows. Jerry Rice spent the first half of his career without those hideous drop shadows. 

I just associate anything with the drop shadows as akin to the uniforms worn during the team’s nadir. Heck, ‘94 is far less memorable than ‘88, ‘81, and ‘84, to me. 

Oh, I get that.  And I certainly appreciate how we emotionally relate to uniforms based on the years they represent. 

But in a vacuum, going solely on aesthetics, I like the black dropshadows for them. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, gothedistance said:

They had navy and royal blue as the alternates in the previous design. I guess the current ones are modified versions of those.

Doesn’t mean they should be using them all in the same set. 

pick a blue and stick with it, boys. Just commit. 

• Like 5