NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 7/4/2021 at 6:59 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Yeah - It's boring to have a best look and always wear it because 17 games is just so many. Who could possibly wear the same uniform 9 times in a season when it's their best look?

I gave an opinion. Seeing variety is better than seeing the same look  all the time.

What one person thinks is the best look  may not be the same for another. Different strokes for different folks.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

IMG_9775-1-750x1316.jpg

Can they just get rid of the bone ones now?

One small step for man...

That's all.  A small step.  It's a decent jersey, but it'll take more to fix the whole set.

• Like 5

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

As the only person in the world who likes the bone jerseys, I find the white ones disappointing, they really needed colored sleeves to make it stand out a bit more. I wonder if the new white jerseys will only be paired with the sol pants or if they plan on using the blue pants as well. Maybe even white pants? They seem to like the mono look

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Ooh that is nice. Really nice.

I still think the bone was a risk worth taking, but that white jersey is terrific.

I respectfully disagree with all of my soul.

When you have had some of the greatest uniforms in NFL history and you are primed for a rebrand in your new/old home, no risk like the color bone is needed. 

And i say this as a St. Louisan and former Rams fanatic. The old yellow/blue LA Rams uniforms were gorgeous and perfect just the way they were. And the Blue/white combo was great as well.

This is probably the instance where the LEAST amount of risk was needed. Just run out there in something classic looking. You're the RAMS FOR F'S SAKE! 

This new white jersey, while better than the bone, still doesn't do it for me. White and yellow next to each other, soccer numbers, new horn, horn and numbers don't have continuity with colors... so many issues still. Just not a good design.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

One small step for man...

That's all.  A small step.  It's a decent jersey, but it'll take more to fix the whole set.

Make the numbers on the blue set solid, remove the dumb "Los Angeles Rams" patch from the front of the jerseys, have tv numbers on both (and again, great that the white jersey's numbers are the same font as the ones on the front). And they would have decent uniforms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

I gave an opinion. Seeing variety is better than seeing the same look  all the time.

What one person thinks is the best look  may not be the same for another. Different strokes for different folks.

Agreed with all of that, except I need you to explain why seeing variety is better than seeing the same look all the time. Regardless of which look any of us think is the best for a given team, why wouldn't you want them to ALWAYS look their best?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

It's where I sit.

43 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Agreed with all of that, except I need you to explain why seeing variety is better than seeing the same look all the time. Regardless of which look any of us think is the best for a given team, why wouldn't you want them to ALWAYS look their best?

You’re right. Any team should always look it’s best. However, IMO, it’s not always limited to a home uniform and an away uniform.

16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

You’re right. Any team should always look it’s best. However, IMO, it’s not always limited to a home uniform and an away uniform.

Of course it is!  You wear your home and away most often (which is why, by definition, they're not 'alternates').  So if your best look isn't your home and away, by definition you're not looking your best all or even most of the time.  And if your alternate is your best look, then it should be your primary. 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Based on the leak I made what we may see. The back shows that it doesn't have the outside tag on the collar. The numbers are the same style as the blue and bone but appear to be flat color, no gradients nor internal piping. I did include the front patch and internal collar tag which may not be there. Again this is just a guess on all this based on what was leaked. I have seen and know as much as all of you on this one.

1oTm35C.jpg

Here is what is may look like with blue pants and no patch on the front.

KK1XDhS.jpg

• Like 17

Great work - as always - but I preferred the flat versions where there wasn't shadows/shading everywhere that cut into the design.  The sleeves are a little hard to evaluate in the left and right views with all that going on.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I can offer one example of this:

nv5bk5xpdx2x6m81i4sh.jpg

EAlSvXdX4AAmRzJ.jpg

I could take or leave the pinstripes but...that, given the Bulls' main two sets, was truly an alternate--and a mighty sharp one at that. It was an expansion that, at the time, fused a new look with the same tried-and-true brand. And of course they only wore it sparingly. That, my friends, is the key to doing alternates right. Which segues nicely into this...

37 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Of course it is!  You wear your home and away most often (which is why, by definition, they're not 'alternates').  So if your best look isn't your home and away, by definition you're not looking your best all or even most of the time.  And if your alternate is your best look, then it should be your primary. 

I disagree with this for ONE reason: if people think an alternate is good enough to be the primary, that's how you know you have a well-designed alternate. 

My stance on alts is this: either they should truly offer a different yet still visually interesting angle on the existing brand, or it should be better-designed than the primary--or both. Then, it should only be worn for special occasions and/or as sparingly as possible. Why? It's called perceived value.  You know how many people have been clamoring for the Carolina Panthers to make their blue jerseys the primary? That happened with Tennessee and Denver, too, and both those teams actually did it (except Tennessee switched back to navy home primaries after a few seasons; obviously Denver did not). Both alternates were decent enough on their own, but once they became primary they lost their "luster" so to speak. (Unrelated, but I still think navy is the superior choice for Denver.) 

All that said...apparently the Pittsburgh Pirates REALLY loved their black alternate jerseys, because for probably about a decade they seemed to wear them for just about all their home and away games. Shoot, at that point their regular road grays may as well been their alternates! But anyway, I think y'all get my point.

• Like 8

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

58 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Might want to send the memo to Dallas then. Their regular whites aren’t all that great compared to their navy and color rush sets and certainly shouldn’t be worn for all regular season games like how they tend to do.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

IMG_9775-1-750x1316.jpg

Can they just get rid of the bone ones now?

Prepared to eat my words, but I’ll bite the bullet and say that this seems fake to me. Like a fashion jersey design half-assedly derived from the home jersey that he ordered from a non-Nike party. If you watch the actual video in his Insta story (which is still up at this moment), you’ll find there are no swooshes visible above the TV numbers. I also question why TV numbers would be included at all at this point when they already decided they were unnecessary within the same design. Maybe to add a smidgen of blue to that area, but if you look at the player cut of the home jersey, the design clearly has no room for TV numbers. They also didn’t include the ‘LA’ logo patch on the back of the collar, which would be a strange discontinuity from the existing jerseys in the set. I feel similarly about the lack of piping within the numbers. Ive been wrong before, and based on what Andrew Whitworth said we may see something similar anyways, but this doesn’t add up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

Prepared to eat my words, but I’ll bite the bullet and say that this seems fake to me. Like a fashion jersey design half-assedly derived from the home jersey that he ordered from a non-Nike party. If you watch the actual video in his Insta story (which is still up at this moment), there are no swooshes visible above the TV numbers. I also question why TV numbers would be included at all at this point when they already decided they were unnecessary within the same design. Maybe to add a smidgen of blue to that area, but if you look at the player cut of the home jersey, the design clearly has no room for TV numbers. They also didn’t include the ‘LA’ logo patch on the back of the collar, which would be a strange discontinuity from the existing jerseys in the set. I feel similarly about the lack of piping within the numbers. Ive been wrong before, but this doesn’t quite add up.

(edited - see below) The NOB font is definitely incorrect.

Compare the Ws, As, and Es. 

Men's Los Angeles Rams Robert Woods Nike Royal Player Game Jersey

Men's Los Angeles Rams Jalen Ramsey Nike Royal Player Game Jersey

IMG_9775-1-750x1316.jpg

HOWEVER - this ^^ jersey looks to be an anomaly as this jersey has the right NOB font:

IMG_9776-750x1320.jpg

The mothership's article said this jersey has been confirmed as the new alternate.  So this is it. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So what's the deal with those white Rams helmets in the background?

Can always tell who read the article on the mothership and who didn’t.

The black and white helmets that also appear in the video, meanwhile, are simply collectables that are part of Riddell’s Lunar and Eclipse alternate lines.

• Like 9