2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Opinions on tastefulness aside, the Hawks use red, green, gold, white, yellow, black, orange, blue and white all on the same logo. The Kachina logo uses red, purple, brown, tan and green; it's certainly more colors then typical, but it's hardly "too many".

Plus, simplifying the design would bring it further away from the design inspiration to begin with; the logo is supposed to resemble a kachina figure, after all, and those aren't exactly known for being low on colors. And, being around fans myself, there's genuine excitement over going back to this exact look; it's unique and odd, and that fits a team in a oddball market like Arizona.

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

I don't think you understand what the concept of 'White Knighting' is if you think it applies to someone advocating for a logo they like on a forum dedicated to logos.

It’s more about how much a guy from Ontario is shilling for the continued existence of the Arizona Coyotes. Anybody can like designs from anywhere.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s more about how much a guy from Ontario is shilling for the continued existence of the Arizona Coyotes. Anybody can like designs from anywhere.

Not wanting a sports team to be moved is still not "white knighting". Nor is it "shilling". Arguing like this over a difference in opinion is really, really bad faith.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

29 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Being a Canadian and rooting for the continued existence of a team that was steered away from three different Canadian destinations is an off-the-charts :censored: move; people seek therapy for that degree of self-loathing

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Opinions on tastefulness aside, the Hawks use red, green, gold, white, yellow, black, orange, blue and white all on the same logo. The Kachina logo uses red, purple, brown, tan and green; it's certainly more colors then typical, but it's hardly "too many".

Do green, gold, yellow, orange, or blue make it into the 'Hawks' sweaters? 

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Not wanting a sports team to be moved is still not "white knighting". Nor is it "shilling". Arguing like this over a difference in opinion is really, really bad faith.

I'd say the bad faith argument is saying "yes location I don't live in, spend your tax dollars on this team none of you like but I do so I can keep buying kitschy mech."

That's neither here nor there though. 

• Like 3

I'm just curious... can anyone confirm the Kachina logo is official or the howling coyote logo is the main one? in NHL.com the Coyotes logo is still the howling coyote but in the team website, the kachina logo is there in banner area... 

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

19 minutes ago, NorthStar74 said:

I'm just curious... can anyone confirm the Kachina logo is official or the howling coyote logo is the main one? in NHL.com the Coyotes logo is still the howling coyote but in the team website, the kachina logo is there in banner area... 

The Kachina is unofficially, officially the Coyotes logo.  Everything points towards it becoming the primary.  My guess will be that they make it official when training camp starts.   NHL.com will make the change after that.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, M4One said:

The Kachina is unofficially, officially the Coyotes logo.  Everything points towards it becoming the primary.  My guess will be that they make it official when training camp starts.   NHL.com will make the change after that.  

Ahh thanks and appreciate it very much ... wanted to be sure.. now to watch for that change if it happens when training camps open up...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Go to their website, the Kachina is plastered everywhere. The only places on the homepage of the site where it's the Howling Head are on the standings to the side, which may be hardwired to NHL.com, and then in the Arizona Coyotes Foundation logo, which is something that would be changed later.

Look at the branding of the rookie tournament they are hosting.

cut.jpg

The Kachina doesn't appear to be a matter of if, it's when.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, SCL said:

Ok Ducks, you're next.

After this long, and the success the Ducks have had in the non-Mighty era, I don't think it'll ever fully happen.

This is from the Athletic when Ducks writer Eric Stephens (at least I presume it was Stephens) did a Q&A a couple weeks ago. Includes a shoutout to the mothership.

oyk7e0mec5i71.png

Per Icethetics Jersey Watch 2021, there was nothing from/for the Ducks for this upcoming season.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

After this long, and the success the Ducks have had in the non-Mighty era, I don't think it'll ever fully happen.

This is from the Athletic when Ducks writer Eric Stephens (at least I presume it was Stephens) did a Q&A a couple weeks ago. Includes a shoutout to the mothership.

oyk7e0mec5i71.png

Per Icethetics Jersey Watch 2021, there was nothing from/for the Ducks for this upcoming season.

They don't need to go back to the Mighty Duck mask but they do need to lose the current  exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield identity from circa 2009.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCL said:

They don't need to go back to the Mighty Duck mask but they do need to lose the current  exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield identity from circa 2009.

We're just throwing out things here now? What does that even mean?

Find me a an 2009 identity from exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield that is similar to the Ducks. Find me an exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield for that matter.

I guess I might take that creativity over someone here saying something that has lost all meaning, or never really had a meaning in the first place, like "generic".

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Find me a an 2009 identity from exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield that is similar to the Ducks. Find me an exurban high school on the edge of a cornfield for that matter.

My middle school moved across town and the new building abutted a cornfield. Didn't have a hockey team, though.

EDIT: by the way, this exurbs discourse, if you're anyone but Joel Garreau you're stealing my bit

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

20 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Go to their website, the Kachina is plastered everywhere. The only places on the homepage of the site where it's the Howling Head are on the standings to the side, which may be hardwired to NHL.com, and then in the Arizona Coyotes Foundation logo, which is something that would be changed later.

Look at the branding of the rookie tournament they are hosting.

Since the standings are for this past season, it will stay as the Howling Head until the new season begins. NHL.com uses season-specific logos for that stuff.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2021 at 11:57 PM, NorthStar74 said:

An article on NHL.com says the Coyotes are launching a "new look" in the fall and it's the worst-kept secret in the entire NHL that they are reverting back to Kachina full time. The logos on the official NHL site just won't get switched until the announcement is official -

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-canvassing-new-look-better-brand/c-325893154

"New branding will debut with a "soft launch" in September, with a complete rebranding scheduled for October. Some of the rebranding will include a redefined color palette and modern twists on classic logos and wordmarks."

On 8/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

Hard NO

Care to elaborate? The away numbers were blue outlined in red for 55 years. It matches the home uniform better, and almost all of the team's championships were won with that look.

• Like 2