2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

13 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I always thought it was the moon for that reason, that you can see the star. I also always took the red sky to be signifying night for whatever reason, I can't explain it, it just gives off a night vibe in the logo.

The red makes me think its a sunset.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MinnyHockey said:

The logo depicts a sunset hence the red sky. 

I've always seen it as night and the moon. A dark forest with only the light of the moon to show the way, the ever present north star, even the streaks crossing over the sun/moon feel ominous to me. Night time, where a wild animal stalks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MinnyHockey said:

The logo depicts a sunset hence the red sky. 

The company that made the logo, SME, does say that the scene is a dusk scene on their website, but that leads me to believe that it’s the moon rather than the sun. You can see stars and even shooting stars around the moon during dusk, but it’s just a little harder around the sun. 

1 hour ago, ebod39 said:

I've always seen it as night and the moon. A dark forest with only the light of the moon to show the way, the ever present north star, even the streaks crossing over the sun/moon feel ominous to me. Night time, where a wild animal stalks.

I also agree. It’s just a little more ominous and dark, which makes it feel like it’s depicting the night time and the moon. 

I guess if there was a Wild logo that had the sun, it would be the Reverse Retro logo 😁 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The company that made the logo, SME, does say that the scene is a dusk scene on their website, but that leads me to believe that it’s the moon rather than the sun. You can see stars and even shooting stars around the moon during dusk, but it’s just a little harder around the sun. 

I also agree. It’s just a little more ominous and dark, which makes it feel like it’s depicting the night time and the moon. 

I guess if there was a Wild logo that had the sun, it would be the Reverse Retro logo 😁 

Hm, interesting. I guess they conflated dusk with sunset or it's supposed to depict both.

I saw someone on Instagram trying to predict the Wild jersey by placing the teasers on a blank template where they think it's a snapshot of, and while i don't think it's accurate with the first teaser (then again, who knows) it did get an idea in my head that i think still might fit into some of the details from Russo.  🤷‍♂️ 

spacer.png 

EDIT: here’s that person’s post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTS6LfPvAFt/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 3

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Maybe, but whenever the Wild colours have come up, it's always been referred to "wheat" and not "gold". So saying how they used to use gold conjured up a different image for me, especially with the use of "athletic gold"/yellow in their logos.

TruColor lists a "Harvest Gold" which is the yellow in the logo and then a "Minnesota Wheat" which is the wheat. There is an alternate colour under "Embroidery Usage" called "Gold Metallic" which is the shiny fabric.

I don't think the Wild ever intended for the Minnesota Wheat and Gold Metallic to be two different colours, along with a third similar colour in the Harvest Gold of the logo, it's just that they went with the shiny fabric in the early jerseys while the logo crest had colours closer to the print version.

It appears the shiny fabric went away with the switch to EDGE and now the wheat crest outline is the same as the wheat striping. 

I don't know if the logo colours have changed over the years or if it has just been the fabric changes on the jerseys. It doesn't really look like it based on the pictures, but I wouldn't know entirely for sure.

All of this confusion is exactly why it was smart of them to just narrow the colours on their uniform to green, red, and wheat. Before they replaced the original pants, they really clashed with the fauxback red jerseys.

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Hot take- teams that tease new unis with a closeup of stripes and stitching need to get over themselves. Just unveil it when you're ready to, geeks. 

To further that thought, if they already have the jersey done, and they wait to unveil it, its on them if it leaks out while they are teasing everyone and rains on their parade.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MinnyHockey said:

Hm, interesting. I guess they conflated dusk with sunset or it's supposed to depict both.

Or you have assumed it is sunset (and thus the sun) when it's actually dusk (and thus the moon).

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

16 hours ago, MinnyHockey said:

I'm pretty sure it's just an abstract beast logo with outdoorsy elements inspired from an intentionally vague name and you're all overthinking it.

I don't think there's a correct or wrong answer, unless the logo designer himself comes out and says it's a sun in a bear head, it's whatever you want it to be

• Like 1