2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

8 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

ff_4024823-c37c34061e9b6133affaalt2_full

ff_4024823-c37c34061e9b6133affaalt3_full

I have to admire the attempt to really make it look like a throwback from the chest stripe to the face elbow patch. On top of that, they made the Captain's 'C' the same size as the NFL.

I saw, I came, I left.

8 hours ago, squamfan said:

Yikes it would have looked 100x better without the stripe on top, really hope adidas isn’t forcing teams to make ugly jersey and force them to have the stripe on top

Are you saying adidas forced them to add a stripe that was on the original uniforms they are based on? If that is so it’ll be the first time I say great job adidas.

• Like 3

Whoever came up with the idea of adding vintage brown faux elbow patches is a creative genius!

It's a perfect old timey dressup uniform with ultra classic striping style, nice colors, excellent heritage-inspired logos. 10/10

• Like 15

Unpopular opinion...  This "Old Tyme Hockey" dress-up fad is beyond played out...  And the red alternate from 2003 did it much better.  Everything about this design looks awkwardly proportioned & claustrophobic and the elbow patches & tiny shoulder yokes are superfluous.  Not a fan.

43 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Unpopular opinion...  This "Old Tyme Hockey" dress-up fad is beyond played out...  And the red alternate from 2003 did it much better.  Everything about this design looks awkwardly proportioned & claustrophobic and the elbow patches & tiny shoulder yokes are superfluous.  Not a fan.

Awkwardly proportioned, claustrophobic, and superfluous… much like the inspiration?

• Like 5

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

18 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Awkwardly proportioned, claustrophobic, and superfluous… much like the inspiration?

Not disputing that at all.  That doesn't mean I have to like the design...  I think they could have made a classically influenced uniform without throwing the kitchen sink at it and going with an overly busy aesthetic better left in past.  Just my opinion, not expecting many people on here to agree 🤷‍♂️.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:30 PM, Morgan33 said:

Teams would be leaving money on the table, if they stopped making specialty jerseys. It costs a lot to produce outdoor classic games: the set-up, etc.

These jerseys are only being used for stadium outdoor games. I'd even push for them to be used occasionally as alternates. Obviously, they can't replace the regular look full-time, that would be a horrible mistake.

The Wild have made special occasion jerseys over the last few years covering multiple eras of their history, including the 80s North Stars years. Me I'm okay with it because it's more fun to go outside the box when they can. It's not a rebrand, so I wouldn't restrict them.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ark said:

The two stars are definitely homages to the North Stars.

They wish they were the North Stars so much. So do I...

They are not. From the official press release:  "The two stars in the crest reference Gemini, the twins constellation".

On 9/6/2021 at 3:22 AM, pepis21 said:

Please no because it's a boring jersey. Tbh I would love to see home ver. of their current alternate, this one excatly:

11236557%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai
It's from 60's but would work with Wild uni.

You're not wrong. That too is a good choice, similar to the Eagles.

It'll probably be an era mash up: a take on that jersey with a St. Louis script over the Blue note crest.