2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Can we talk about the Winter Classic logo itself?

2022-WINTER-CLASSIC-LOGO-PATCH-SPORTSLOG

It is the first logo since 2008, the first Winter Classic, to not have anything relating to the city/state/stadium the game is in. Nothing tells you the logo is for a game in Minnesota other than the word Minnesota. Id have liked something similar to the 2014 MLB all star game logo.

4 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

Can we talk about the Winter Classic logo itself?

2022-WINTER-CLASSIC-LOGO-PATCH-SPORTSLOG

It is the first logo since 2008, the first Winter Classic, to not have anything relating to the city/state/stadium the game is in. Nothing tells you the logo is for a game in Minnesota other than the word Minnesota. Id have liked something similar to the 2014 MLB all star game logo.

A lake shoveled clean for ice skating feels very Minnesota to me. I heard they have, like, ten thousand of those things.

• Like 18

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

A lake shoveled clean for ice skating feels very Minnesota to me. I heard they have, like, ten thousand of those things.

Plus the pine forests that are also extremely plentiful in the state. Kind of hard to miss those, isn't it? 😛

Not every WC logo has to incorporate local landmarks just to get across the locale, really; Dallas' WC logo didn't, and neither did Boston's the year before then, and both were perfectly serviceable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Not every WC logo has to incorporate local landmarks just to get across the locale, really; Dallas' WC logo didn't, and neither did Boston's the year before then, and both were perfectly serviceable.

The Dallas one was a belt buckle, that's pretty Texas.

Though you are right about Boston's the year before. However, that is because the logo was a shamrock since it was held at Notre Dame. Plus the Blackhawks were the designated home team, so it makes sense not having a Boston themed logo (though the shamrock is kind of a symbol of Boston, or at least some Bostonians would claim it as such).

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It look like I might be right and it's gonna be their first ever white jersey from 1967. I was feeling that @andrewharringtonliked my post for a reason.

Speaking about Winter Classic logo itself, forest and lake are very Minnesotian for me.

So, this one?

43220.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just now, nash61 said:

So, this one?

43220.jpg

TIL the Blues also wore the blue version of these, in a colour vs. colour rematch with the Kings

WvgXeOJ.png

• Like 1

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

23 hours ago, nash61 said:

So, this one?

43220.jpg

No, this is from 1968. Of course it might be it too but I think if it's gonna be this one the blue stripe would be made from mesh not from twill.

Teaser photo has stripes build in exact same way as Capitals alternate which is very close to 1967 Blues white sweater (I posted it on previous page).

Of course I may be wrong, but we'll see at friday night.

4r2eer.png

The jersey is going to be a fauxback to the 1930s. Below is a photo from the STL Authentics Twitter page. The crest will have some sort of twill logo with chain stitching.  Based on the other photo, the jersey will most likely be gold based.  It might be based on a 1931-32 St. Louis Flyers sweater. spacer.png

• Like 2

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I feel like the Blues could go in a couple different directions here. Based off the striping teaser it looks like the Blues 68’ white (or rather, cream), but my other thought is that this is a yellow sleeved jersey with blue Barberpole stripes similar to the St. Louis Flyers of the 30’s. Someone posted the image of the Flyers sweaters a few pages back, and the one from 31-32 looks like it easily could be the one the Blues are going to base it off of. 

The other teaser could be the numbers? The logo? My guess is the front crest will have arched letters over the Blues logo. Either way, the teaser shows that it’ll be made of felt, and have chain-stitching, just like the Wild jerseys. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

12 hours ago, ddub53 said:

The jersey is going to be a fauxback to the 1930s. Below is a photo from the STL Authentics Twitter page. The crest will have some sort of twill logo with chain stitching.  Based on the other photo, the jersey will most likely be gold based.  It might be based on a 1931-32 St. Louis Flyers sweater. spacer.png

I thought it has been pretty well know that it is a cream version of their original white sweater? It would definitely be more interesting if they did what you are suggesting. It might not be better but it would be more interesting. 

I really love the powder blue current alts the blues use and have been dreaming of them to make a white version and promote them to full time. Their current set is very classy but stale to me. I have never loved navy as part of their color scheme. It dulls down a team that used to pop, much like Calgary and their inclusion of black.  That being said, this blue is definitely more royal than their current alts, so i don't see that as happening. 

I don't mind cream/off-white/vintage stripes on jerseys but they should never be the main color imo. Cause cream helmets would obviously look awful, like those grimy home appliances that become this disgusting shade of pale yellow after years and years of smoking inside the house 😂🤢  so then you're stuck with a dark helmet paired with a light jersey and that's such an unprofessional look. Reminds me of those CHL teams that don't have the budget for a home and away helmet so they just go with a dark helmet. It just looks cheap

Both of these jerseys would look much better in normal white with normal white helmets

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let's hope the Blues don't make the same mistake

18 hours ago, ddub53 said:

You might be overthinking things here. The rumours have always been that the Blues will bring back their inaugural white jerseys, and the teasers we've gotten so far match up with that look.

spacer.png

The first teaser is clearly a close-up of the hem/sleeve stripe, and the other is a closeup of the logo or maybe the numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

You might be overthinking things here. The rumours have always been that the Blues will bring back their inaugural white jerseys, and the teasers we've gotten so far match up with that look.

spacer.png

The first teaser is clearly a close-up of the hem/sleeve stripe, and the other is a closeup of the logo or maybe the numbers.

To me it would look odd for the Wild to wear a fauxback dating back to the 1920s-30s and then the Blues wear a jersey design that they actually wore in the late 1960's.   If one team is wearing a fauxback, both most likely will.

• Like 2

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

45 minutes ago, ddub53 said:

To me it would look odd for the Wild to wear a fauxback dating back to the 1920s-30s and then the Blues wear a jersey design that they actually wore in the late 1960's.   If one team is wearing a fauxback, both most likely will.

That makes sense, though I don't think this would be too much of a mismatch of the Blues did go with their 1967 whites.

The crests would be the part that clashes the most, but I feel like the blue note sorta has a vintage feel.

Has there been a Winter Classic with fauxback vs throwback looks?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

1 hour ago, AdAstraKC said:

Has there been a Winter Classic with fauxback vs throwback looks?

2010 - Flyers throwback v Bruins fauxback

2011 - Capitals throwback v Penguins fauxback

2014 - Maple Leafs throwback (minus few details) v Red Wings fauxback

2015 - Blackhawks throwback (if we close eyes for a crest) v Capitals fauxback

2017 - Blues throwback (I know, cream instead of white) v Blackhawks fauxback (fun thing is this one had a crest which 2015 shirt should have).

Also almost 2016 if only Bruins goes with brown instead of black v Canadiens fauxback.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

10 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I don't mind cream/off-white/vintage stripes on jerseys but they should never be the main color imo. Cause cream helmets would obviously look awful, like those grimy home appliances that become this disgusting shade of pale yellow after years and years of smoking inside the house 😂🤢  so then you're stuck with a dark helmet paired with a light jersey and that's such an unprofessional look. Reminds me of those CHL teams that don't have the budget for a home and away helmet so they just go with a dark helmet. It just looks cheap

Both of these jerseys would look much better in normal white with normal white helmets

spacer.png

Let's hope the Blues don't make the same mistake

1303177673.0.jpg

• Like 2

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17