2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Vintage white works great as trim but shouldn't be the base of the jersey. The only example I can think off the top of my head where it works is the San Francisco Giants, and thats because they have a history with it rather than just using it on a fauxback to make it look old.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Vintage white works great as trim but shouldn't be the base of the jersey. The only example I can think off the top of my head where it works is the San Francisco Giants, and thats because they have a history with it rather than just using it on a fauxback to make it look old.

Also the Phillies cream alts work really well as well.

Jack's Top 10 Phillies' Uniforms - The Liberty Line

• Like 3

^I actually think the Phillies could go "creamier" with those.  Not sure if it's the exact same color as the Giants, but maybe it just seems that way since the Giants orange/black bring out the cream so well.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Yet another Blues jersey right in their usual very-good-to-great range

As expected, it looks amazing but it would have been a perfect 10 in true bright white. The blue helmet brings the whole thing down a few notches

I didn't originally like the blue helmet until I saw this picture.

st-louis-blues-1967-68-road-white-unifor

• Like 7
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 9/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, Chromatic said:

I think the Quebec Remparts' best look was when they went with the Minnesota Wild-inspired roundel set, complete with a cream jersey to match the red.

spacer.png

• Like 1

I don't think a Quebec City team should be in red. I mean, I know every team in the Q can't wear blue, but the team in the national capital should probably be in blue rather than red. But that's been a Remparts issue in any uniform. Even when the Nordiques ran them, they wore red, and that was when the Nordiques-affiliated Milwaukee Admirals were wearing the Nords template, so maybe it's not for me to say.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/11/2021 at 2:08 PM, Bmac said:

Not sure if we ever got confirmation of the new jersey material name from Adidas, but my supplier says:

"New for the 2021/2022 season: Adidas Primegreen jerseys. AEROREADY keeps you cool and dry. A mesh underarm insert adds extra breathability.

This product is made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials. Loose fit, 100% recycled polyester piqué with mesh underarm inserts."

Also adding that these new jerseys are showing up to retailers over the next two weeks, and should be available to purchase shortly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Blue numbers confirmed for the Avs!

Not awful, but not great. I honestly think it'd look better as blue numbers with silver and burgandy outlines, and burgandy NOB. The gray now looks a bit out of place on that jersey. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Blue numbers confirmed for the Avs!

I know it's a common refrain around here to wait until a new look hits the ice to form an opinion about it, and in a lot of cases said new looks turn out to look better in the context of an actual game; but honestly in this case? I think the blue numbers look worse on the ice than they did at the original unveiling. Why is that blue so bright?