2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Blue numbers confirmed for the Avs!

If it was up to me they'd still be wearing black gear but this isn't too bad. Honestly it's the gloves that bother me the most now that they no longer have black numbers. The white cuff roll just doesn't work. Especially with the home jersey

• Like 3

Yeah, if they want to embrace color after all these years, they can't do it with this color palette. They need more contrast, and burgundy and powder blue always look good together. It helps that the Rapids are part of the family, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Blue numbers confirmed for the Avs!

So they fixed the black numbers, but created a whole new problem. Why are they so bad at this?  

Blue and burgundy shouldn't touch (except where they have to, like where the hem stripes meet the pants). The obvious solution was take the black numbers with the gray outlines and replace the black with blue and leave the gray outlines. Also this blue is far too bright. I know it's hard to match colors across different materials, but come on. 

• Like 4

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Blue and burgundy shouldn't touch (except where they have to, like where the hem stripes meet the pants). The obvious solution was take the black numbers with the gray outlines and replace the black with blue and leave the gray outlines. Also this blue is far too bright. I know it's hard to match colors across different materials, but come on. 

I agree that they should have kept the silver outline on the blue numbers, but the away jersey sleeve numbers have always had blue outlines touching the burgundy background. It's a weird inconsistency that they use white outlined in blue on the burgundy sleeves, but white outlined in silver on the burgundy jersey. It's a bit like the Bruins' pre-Edge set that had yellow numbers on the black jersey, but white numbers on the black sleeve.

10 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I agree that they should have kept the silver outline on the blue numbers, but the away jersey sleeve numbers have always had blue outlines touching the burgundy background. It's a weird inconsistency that they use white outlined in blue on the burgundy sleeves, but white outlined in silver on the burgundy jersey. It's a bit like the Bruins' pre-Edge set that had yellow numbers on the black jersey, but white numbers on the black sleeve.

They should correct the sleeve numbers too. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Avs, like Gollum, have been clutching tightly to the ring of the 96/01 cup unis, dank and hideous in the gloom of these wretched uniforms that have long been bereft of life.  After what feels like centuries, they're slowly being dragged into the light of day, and the course correction is somewhat staggered and painful. 

That said, there is a good hobbit in there somewhere, but it will take a couple more years to get the slime and neglect scraped away.

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

36 minutes ago, CS85 said:

The Avs, like Gollum, have been clutching tightly to the ring of the 96/01 cup unis, dank and hideous in the gloom of these wretched uniforms that have long been bereft of life.  After what feels like centuries, they're slowly being dragged into the light of day, and the course correction is somewhat staggered and painful. 

That said, there is a good hobbit in there somewhere, but it will take a couple more years to get the slime and neglect scraped away.

What's the realistic alternative? Going with the alternate full time? Kinda like the Wild did, pretending they're an O6 team and not a (semi) recent team? Do all teams have to look the same?

There was nothing wrong with the 2001 uniform.  It looks like it's from the 90s with the mountain stripes, weird number font, triple outlines and slightly cartoony logos, sure, but I wouldn't say it looks outdated or that there's anything wrong with any of that. It was tastefully updated with the switch to adidas imo. Then again, I've been in your position before and said basically the same thing about the Oilers and that they should get over their Stanley Cups and change their outdated logo and uniforms so I can see where you're coming from lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

I just hope they give up on the Hockey Rockies dress-up approach they entertained. The answers don’t come from the gosh-dang Hockey Rockies.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I just hope they give up on the Hockey Rockies dress-up approach they entertained. The answers don’t come from the gosh-dang Hockey Rockies.

I think the logo itself is fine, but I agree that the alternate jersey itself isn't the answer to solving the Avs' problems. An Avs primary jersey without the mountain pattern just feels wrong in a primal way at this point.

• Like 3

The silver really sticks out with the switch to blue and looks too dark. More importantly on the roads. Don’t think it’d make sense to change the silver to blue, so add blue so it at least ties the whole thing together. change the white cuffs on the gloves and it would be easier to get on board. These small incremental changes aren’t helping. Do the whole thing at once. 

I hate what the Avalanche have done to their uniforms these past two seasons...  Every single change has resulted in a worse looking set.  The only thing that needed to be done to the set unveiled in 2017 was adding some blue trim to the road.  The home version looked fantastic with the black equipment and the only instances of burgundy and blue touching were on the sleeve numbers.

The forced shoehorning of blue equipment has not only thrown off the entire colour balance of the identity it has also resulted in more needless instances of burgundy and blue touching.  The equipment on the cup winning set was black for a reason.

• Like 8