2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

no idea why Colorado just didn’t use burgundy sleeves on both the home and away.  Would have made matching gear so much easier.  

And you know, they are mountains.  So why wouldn’t they be burgundy the whole time. 

By the "they're mountains" logic, white would make more sense than burgundy as the sleeve color on the home, since the Avs generally use snow-capped mountains as their iconography.

Also, burgundy sleeves on the dark jersey would've been pretty bland since then the only breaking of the burgundy would be on the hem;

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

By the "they're mountains" logic, white would make more sense than burgundy as the sleeve color on the home, since the Avs generally use snow-capped mountains as their iconography.

Also, burgundy sleeves on the dark jersey would've been pretty bland since then the only breaking of the burgundy would be on the hem;

spacer.png

the torso should have been blue with burgundy sleeves and hem

• Like 1

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The puck in the crest is black. There's a bit of black.

The Blackhawks have orange, yellow and green in Chief Black Hawk's feathers and the Senators' centurion has gold. The original Sharks' logo had an orange stick. None of those colours are/were part of main colour schemes of those respective teams.

The Avalanche's uniforms looked rushed after the move from Quebec City. The Avs should have just focused on burgundy as the primary dark colour with just silver and steel blue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

7Rf1QGT.png

This keeps the mountains burgundy, like it is in the logo itself.  In addition it creates more contrast between the logo and the torso background.  

Although I don't like the full uniform, the blue gear looks better to me:

5TAb6hy.png

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

7Rf1QGT.png

This keeps the mountains burgundy, like it is in the logo itself.  In addition it creates more contrast between the logo and the torso background.  

Although I don't like the full uniform, the blue gear looks better to me:

5TAb6hy.png

What about the away uniform then, they would go from a primary blue team at home to primary burgundy team with no blue on the road

None of these attempts to fix the '96 Avs design are really working for me. It's really easy for me to accept all the flaws as products of their time. They're load-bearing flaws. If you want to fix them, you have to start over altogether.

• Like 12

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

None of these attempts to fix the '96 Avs design are really working for me. It's really easy for me to accept all the flaws as products of their time. They're load-bearing flaws. If you want to fix them, you have to start over altogether.

I agree.  I think the blue equipment is better than the black at home but ideally they would have made widespread changes to the full set. 

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Hence my proposal for swapping slate/steel blue with a brighter powder blue, to remove the “no-touch” limitation. A simplified version of the current crest (but not that Hockey Rockies-like trash) would also follow.

As others have pointed out -- I want to say @GFB was on the case  -- burgundy and slate are so close in saturation and value as to be a problem, and thus they need black and/or white as separators.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

As others have pointed out -- I want to say @GFB was on the case  -- burgundy and slate are so close in saturation and value as to be a problem, and thus they need black and/or white as separators.

And I think that is true to an extent, but that didn't stop them from causing another saturation and value issue when they went with grey outlines for the back numbers and the captain's letters.

1320877414.jpg

r806515_1296x729_16-9.jpg1315164965.jpg

If you look at the sleeve numbers with the "correct" outline colours, I think it looks good. I think there's definitely enough contrast for the burgundy and blue to be touching (or at least is just as much of a contrast as the numbers currently have). I do find it weird that the number outlines aren't consistent in the fact that the numbers on the burgundy jersey are white outlined in the grey while the numbers on the burgundy sleeves are white outlined in blue.

IbjBaeE.png

I’m sad about the current inevitability of corporate ads on unis. I think at some point we as fans actually need to start boycotting the companies that pay for them. It’s the only way it’s gonna stop. The teams are too greedy. 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins