2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

4 hours ago, ddub53 said:

To me it would look odd for the Wild to wear a fauxback dating back to the 1920s-30s and then the Blues wear a jersey design that they actually wore in the late 1960's.   If one team is wearing a fauxback, both most likely will.

There have been past Winter Classics with one team wearing a fauxback and the other wearing a throwback. Detroit's 2014 WC jersey was a fauxback and Toronto's was a throwback, for example.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well the matchup should be interesting. I guess it will kinda-sorta be like the 2020 Winter Classic, where Dallas went with the faux leather breezers and gloves, and a style from the 20’s, and Nashville went with a 50’s fauxback. Only this game will be throwing it back to the 30’s and 60’s...

I think it’s a missed opportunity for the game though. The Wild went full out for the St. Paul Saints fauxback look, and the Blues easily could have done a Flyers fauxback, especially since I believe the teams did play each other at one point. 

So then blue breezers and faux leather gloves for the Blues? 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Hmmmm...I think it'll look much better in sunlight rather than against a drab background, but the wheat/vintage white just doesn't look great with the brighter blue and yellow in those pictures. But, like I said, I think in brighter lights, these will look good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Well the matchup should be interesting. I guess it will kinda-sorta be like the 2020 Winter Classic, where Dallas went with the faux leather breezers and gloves, and a style from the 20’s, and Nashville went with a 50’s fauxback. Only this game will be throwing it back to the 30’s and 60’s...

I think it’s a missed opportunity for the game though. The Wild went full out for the St. Paul Saints fauxback look, and the Blues easily could have done a Flyers fauxback, especially since I believe the teams did play each other at one point. 

So then blue breezers and faux leather gloves for the Blues? 

The Dallas Winter Classic was based on 1940s uniforms (the only decade the Texans existed, I believe), not 1920s.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Blues jersey looks incredible...  The disparity in quality between it and the Wild one is astounding.  One looks like a classic hockey sweater, the other looks like a claustrophobic, Hodge-podge of disparate elements fighting each-other for prominence.  The Wild really dropped the ball.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

The Blues jersey looks incredible...  The disparity in quality between it and the Wild one is astounding.  One looks like a classic hockey sweater, the other looks like a claustrophobic, Hodge-podge of disparate elements fighting each-other for prominence.  The Wild really dropped the ball.

One looks like a failed attempt to slightly change a classic jersey for the sake of being "trendy" and a few extra bucks. The other looks like a classic hockey sweater.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

They're both nice in different ways. The Blues' sweater is a classic that they've deviated from or tinkered with over the years, and it's good to see it back. Minnesota has a fun, affectedly vintage one-off. Should be a good game on TV.

• Like 14

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure if we ever got confirmation of the new jersey material name from Adidas, but my supplier says:

"New for the 2021/2022 season: Adidas Primegreen jerseys. AEROREADY keeps you cool and dry. A mesh underarm insert adds extra breathability.

This product is made with Primegreen, a series of high-performance recycled materials. Loose fit, 100% recycled polyester piqué with mesh underarm inserts."