2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

My first thought was that I hated it. Then, after I thought about it for a second, I realized it doesn't have anything to do with "Minnesota Wild," so now I think it's great. It kind of looks like an Upper Midwestern version of a Hollister shirt, though, doesn't it?

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think it's a fine enough jersey and I'm not getting a lot of the extreme distaste the jersey is getting online, it's fine.

I don't like the floating chest stripe though, especially paired with a shoulder yoke. Either remove the chest stripe or move the stripe to be a part of/ be the the shoulder yoke, similar to Chicago's black and white ones from the Notre Dame outdoor game.

1076415640-850x560.jpeg

That would also fix the little baby captain's C issue from the Spurgeon pics.

• Like 5

IbjBaeE.png

I absolutely love it!! Even the upper chest stripe. That’s directly from the St. Paul Saints in the 30’s. I also love that they included both of the Twin Cities on the jersey. I was just at the unveiling at the Minnesota State Fair, and one of the guys I talked too said they had just an “M” in the early stages, but decided to honor both cities. Part of that came from the Minnie and Paul Twins logo. I think they nailed the whole look. The only weird part is the elbow patches, but even then, that’s a fun quirk. I am very excited to see these in action now! 

The other really cool part is that all of the lettering and logos are made of felt, not tackle twill, which is just a great touch. 

• Like 9

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, ProfessorBigShots said:

ff_4024823-c37c34061e9b6133affaalt2_full

ff_4024823-c37c34061e9b6133affaalt3_full

This makes for the perfect ugly Christmas sweater.

And if these things didn't cost dang near half my rent, I'd cop one stat--personalized with my name and number, of course.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, squamfan said:

Yikes it would have looked 100x better without the stripe on top, really hope adidas isn’t forcing teams to make ugly jersey and force them to have the stripe on top

Why would adidas be forcing teams to add a stripe to the top of their jerseys? This stuff is straight from Twin Cities history books…

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My first thought was "these are hideous"

And then I realized that "hideous" was the aesthetic back then.

CoWdaKZ.png

J7fwGvR.png

uJK95JN.png

jXRx3xv.png

rj0SOcE.png

They're perfect.

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

Why would adidas be forcing teams to add a stripe to the top of their jerseys? This stuff is straight from Twin Cities history books…

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah the jersey’s whole layout is basically the top jersey, minus the yellow/cream stripes. I think those extra chest stripes are really what makes the sweater too. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wait, so Adidas has been doing this for almost 100 years now?  

I cannot believe they’re still trotting out the toilet seat collars though…

• Like 1