2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 8/24/2021 at 7:06 AM, gosioux76 said:

I'm with you. I grew up with the North Stars and badly miss having that logo in the league. But I find it mildly painful to see the Wild cash in on that nostalgia, knowing they'll never adopt those colors and that logo will remain in the archives for perpetuity. 

I think I'd appreciate it more creatively if the Wild designed a fauxback meant to look as if the team existed 40 years ago. That seems more in line with the spirit of this program anyway. If your hockey roots are too new, then imagine what it would look like if you'd been around since the dawn of the league. 

Like the overwhelming majority, I love and still mourn the loss of one of pro sports' most beautiful brands. However, if today's Minnesota franchise didn't settle for the ridiculous "Wild" name and brought back green and yellow-gold with a far suitable name besides "North Stars" v.2, the North Stars name and N☆ crest wouldn't be as missed as it is today. It would still be missed and cherished but not like it is today.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Point1 said:

I think double strokes in general look very 90s-2000s now. A lot of teams like the Avs, Bruins, Oilers, and Pens have moved away from them because they muddle the look of the jerseys on TV and generally are a lot messier looking.

Montreal really needs to go back to the single-outline numbers on the road. I'd also like to see Nashville use white/gold as the base for their numbers with thick navy outlines.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

That red line stripe though...

What bothers me is the Coyotes are actually using the wrong logo. Check the second picture on the  tweet above, the pattern of the right arm goes Black/Beige/Purple when really it should be Purple/Beige/Purple as seen on the other arm. Like this:

ngcb53

And the Yotes are using the wrong logo on their Twitter icon and banner as well. I'm surprised nobody on the team notices that. Talk about inconsistency on the arm stripes SMH.

E9MRKQhX0AMSsjf?format=jpg&name=large

One more thing: The logo isn't outlined well too as the tail and right leg don't have the Beige outline.

Edited by TheRealPepman
One more observation added
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

What bothers me is the Coyotes are actually using the wrong logo. Check the second picture on the  tweet above, the pattern of the right arm goes Black/Beige/Purple when really it should be Purple/Beige/Purple as seen on the other arm. Like this:

ngcb53

And the Yotes are using the wrong logo on their Twitter icon and banner as well. I'm surprised nobody on the team notices that. Talk about inconsistency on the arm stripes SMH.

One more thing: The logo isn't outlined well too as the tail and right leg don't have the Beige outline.

Its also missing the green top on the moon ear side.    Only one of the ear parts has that green tip when they both should.  

• Like 1

Thanks to @B-mer for the graphic.   This is how the Avs should do their numbers.  Blue and burgundy never touch and helps get rid of that bubble look on the home sweaters. 

Away = white bg and blue numbers on back.  Burgundy bg and white numbers on sleeves.

Home = burgundy bg and white numbers on back.  Blue bg and white numbers on sleeves.

qtI73C9.png

• Like 15

6 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

ngcb53

I can't unsee the white area under the moon as an exposed jock strap.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Thanks to @B-mer for the graphic.   This is how the Avs should do their numbers.  Blue and burgundy never touch and helps get rid of that bubble look on the home sweaters. 

Away = white bg and blue numbers on back.  Burgundy bg and white numbers on sleeves.

Home = burgundy bg and white numbers on back.  Blue bg and white numbers on sleeves.

qtI73C9.png

I think the other main issue is the striping on the road. Silver alone doesn’t work. Add the blue stripe again or I feel like changing it to blue would be better. I know we don’t want blue/burgundy touching but it would be better than the silver by itself. 

do we know if the Avs are making any other changes? Are they going to change the numbers on the home at all?

Obviously not going to happen based on the tweet from the last page, but I would have liked it if the Wild wore their original green jersey for the Winter Classic instead of coming up with some faux back.  Not even a Wild fan, but I feel it's a little underrated.

I guess it's not vintage enough or wouldn't match up well against whatever the Blues are going to wear.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 12:46 PM, TheRealPepman said:

ngcb53

While I was a huge fan of this logo in the '90s, they should have left it there. ...it is not a good full time logo for 2021.  It's too busy and uses too many colors.  If they were smart, they should have figured out a way to evolve it and simplify it over time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

While I was a huge fan of this logo in the '90s, they should have left it there. ...it is not a good full time logo for 2021.  It's too busy and uses too many colors.  If they were smart, they should have figured out a way to evolve it and simplify it over time.

Opinions on tastefulness aside, the Hawks use red, green, gold, white, yellow, black, orange, blue and white all on the same logo. The Kachina logo uses red, purple, brown, tan and green; it's certainly more colors then typical, but it's hardly "too many".

Plus, simplifying the design would bring it further away from the design inspiration to begin with; the logo is supposed to resemble a kachina figure, after all, and those aren't exactly known for being low on colors. And, being around fans myself, there's genuine excitement over going back to this exact look; it's unique and odd, and that fits a team in a oddball market like Arizona.

• Like 5

On 8/26/2021 at 6:00 PM, CreamSoda said:

qtI73C9.png

I like the double outline color combinations for the burgundy and blue backgrounds, but I would make the numbers for the while background burgundy outlined in silver and then blue to match (if they would eventually add the blue stripe) the sleeve color proportions and pattern.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

The Avalanche should have just stuck with the black numbers/pants/gloves with the white jersey.  They match the burgundy much better than the blue equipment.

For the home, they can use the blue helmet/pants.  With some teams having different pants/glove for their alternate jerseys, I don't see this being a big problem, unless they are worried about somehow packing the wrong set for a player or two.

• Like 5