2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 8/22/2021 at 12:38 AM, chcarlson23 said:

Well I know where I'll be on September 4th... I am so very excited for these! I have no clue what direction they're going with them. I'm hoping for a good mix of St. Paul and Minneapolis hockey history, and even Minnesota in general, so hopefully not just a Millers throwback in green and wheat.

Honestly, I'd be stunned if the Wild weren't pulling out a North Stars fauxback design of some form; it's the obvious choice to go with to cash in on the North Stars love some more like they did with the RR. Nashville and Dallas had a lack of real vintage-y jerseys to choose from given their history, so them going fauxback was logical. Minnesota just has to do a North Stars jersey in either classic colors or modern colors with the current Wild logo and they'll be golden.

12 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Looks like the howling coyote can't be retired just yet, as it adorns the practice jersey in AZ.

Announcement of the white Kachina has to be made fairly soon, I imagine...

I like original Kachina and I understand why they bring it back, but to be honest I'm a little bit dissapointed. I was hope they gonna took Kachina and mix it together with Howling Coyote (which is a still great logo) creating something fresh and new. Tucson Roadrunners showed this combination might works very well same like many of concepts here.

@andrewharringtonwere Coyotes considering this option?

• Like 5

4r2eer.png

11 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Dallas could do North Stars-esque stuff.

They could, but they seem not to want that; otherwise, why do a Texans homage in the WC instead of a North Stars jersey? Why not pull out a black '91 North Stars jersey with a Dallas logo to sell for the RR program instead of making a whiteout '99 jersey?

Seems at this point they're purposefully distancing themselves from the North Stars and just letting the Wild handle that kinda stuff, which makes sense since Minnesota's where North Stars stuff would sell the best and the team's been in Dallas longer than it was in Minnesota now regardless.

• Like 4

Just replace the LV with a swoosh and it's the same thing as that godawful jacket.

Louis-Vuitton-Handbag-Pink-Lining.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I'd be stunned if the Wild weren't pulling out a North Stars fauxback design of some form; it's the obvious choice to go with to cash in on the North Stars love some more like they did with the RR. Nashville and Dallas had a lack of real vintage-y jerseys to choose from given their history, so them going fauxback was logical. Minnesota just has to do a North Stars jersey in either classic colors or modern colors with the current Wild logo and they'll be golden.

As much as I loved the Reverse Retro for the Wild, and the North Stars branding, it honesty feels a little like a lazy way to do a jersey for this Winter Classic. I’m hoping for something a little more original, and something that draws from the rich, hockey history around the State, especially since the Wild are a fairly young franchise. But it definitely would make sense if they used the North Stars branding. 

• Like 3

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

As much as I loved the Reverse Retro for the Wild, and the North Stars branding, it honesty feels a little like a lazy way to do a jersey for this Winter Classic. I’m hoping for something a little more original, and something that draws from the rich, hockey history around the State, especially since the Wild are a fairly young franchise. But it definitely would make sense if they used the North Stars branding. 

I'm with you. I grew up with the North Stars and badly miss having that logo in the league. But I find it mildly painful to see the Wild cash in on that nostalgia, knowing they'll never adopt those colors and that logo will remain in the archives for perpetuity. 

I think I'd appreciate it more creatively if the Wild designed a fauxback meant to look as if the team existed 40 years ago. That seems more in line with the spirit of this program anyway. If your hockey roots are too new, then imagine what it would look like if you'd been around since the dawn of the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm with you. I grew up with the North Stars and badly miss having that logo in the league. But I find it mildly painful to see the Wild cash in on that nostalgia, knowing they'll never adopt those colors and that logo will remain in the archives for perpetuity. 

I think I'd appreciate it more creatively if the Wild designed a fauxback meant to look as if the team existed 40 years ago. That seems more in line with the spirit of this program anyway. If your hockey roots are too new, then imagine what it would look like if you'd been around since the dawn of the league. 

A fauxback meant to look as if the team existed 40 years ago... isn't that what these were?

brian-rolston-randy-robitaille-112315-ge

• Like 4

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

A fauxback meant to look as if the team existed 40 years ago... isn't that what these were?

brian-rolston-randy-robitaille-112315-ge

Are you suggesting that they couldn't come up with something else reminiscent of an older look? Or is every team only allowed to do this once?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MinnyHockey said:

According to Michael Russo, the Wild Winter Classic unis will "green jerseys, red shoulders, wheat breezers i think. league and adidas design these jerseys."  The jersey will be unveiled on Sept. 4th at the MN State Fair. 

Where did you see Russo said this? I can’t find anything about the specifics of the design. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I wanted to ask this question of the board regarding the Avs numbers.  With the updated look they've been called cleaner, but also seen some complain about the blue touching the burgundy on the sleeves.  I had a couple thoughts but wasn't sure if this is a backwards move.

Here is the new font, with double stroke like the old (still with black for this discussion).

spacer.png

Also, here is the new font with points added back to the 0, 6, 8, and 9 to be similar to the original font. 

spacer.png

Would any of this have helped move away from a 90's look?  Lateral or no difference?  Just toying with ideas. I guess part of my question is what part of the original numbers makes them dated? The design or the double stroke?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Are you suggesting that they couldn't come up with something else reminiscent of an older look? Or is every team only allowed to do this once?

I think the suggestion is that if they wanted that sort of look they could have just stuck with that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, B-mer said:

I wanted to ask this question of the board regarding the Avs numbers.  With the updated look they've been called cleaner, but also seen some complain about the blue touching the burgundy on the sleeves.  I had a couple thoughts but wasn't sure if this is a backwards move.

Here is the new font, with double stroke like the old (still with black for this discussion).

spacer.png

Also, here is the new font with points added back to the 0, 6, 8, and 9 to be similar to the original font. 

spacer.png

Would any of this have helped move away from a 90's look?  Lateral or no difference?  Just toying with ideas. I guess part of my question is what part of the original numbers makes them dated? The design or the double stroke?  

I think the top two rows look better (and I think I like the double outlines for the Avs more than the single, for some reason). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, IceCap said:

I think the suggestion is that if they wanted that sort of look they could have just stuck with that.

So if they wanted a retro look for their new, 2022 Winter Classic uniforms, they would just roll out something they wore a few years ago rather than coming up with a new idea?  

14 hours ago, B-mer said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Top row without the notches.  But make the numbers blue with a gray and then burgundy outline. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 7:29 PM, B-mer said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think double strokes in general look very 90s-2000s now. A lot of teams like the Avs, Bruins, Oilers, and Pens have moved away from them because they muddle the look of the jerseys on TV and generally are a lot messier looking.

• Like 2