Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series

Red Sox Wear Yellow, Nike Launches New MLB City Connect Uniform Series for 2021

April 6, 2021 - 14:00 PM

For those who wondered when Nike would start to make its mark on Major League Baseball, wonder no more. After previously introducing “ColorRush” and “City” uniforms to the NFL and NBA respectively, this morning Nike has dropped its new “City Connect” series on the baseball world. Just one team will

Read More...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:censored: off  

:censored:off

:censored:OFFFFFFF

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I should not be surprised but this is the first I've heard of this.

Blech.  The Red Sox in yellow and blue. The NBA's been doing this for a few years. It's bad. And so is this. But it's somehow just a bit worse in baseball, which is more tradition-oriented.

This isn't going to be pretty...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, Froob said:

Thought it was parody at first. Where is the yellow coming from...?

Nike marketing surveys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yellow and blue are the city and state colors. Lighter blue like this on the Boston flag. More of a royal is what the Marathon has always used. That said, the flags have never been a piece of the local culture the way they are in day Chicago or Portland or DC. If anything the Red Sox normal regular brand is a way bigger representation of the city.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 minutes ago, Froob said:

Thought it was parody at first. Where is the yellow coming from...?

Light blue and yellow are the official city colors. Doesn't make it any less :censored:ing stupid though. An organization dumb enough to trade its best player in 60 years naturally is dumb enough to do this.

1200px-Flag_of_Boston.svg.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Nike throwing their dirty city jersey ideas on MLB. A yellow and blue Red Sox jersey that says nothing about the teams legacy other than the city's name is sure to get the kids' money. 

XM4KeeA.png

We all have grown a little tired of the NBA trotting these out each season but clearly the MLB and NHL (with reverse retro) have been watching and seeing some serious opportunities to cash in. If the NFL does axe the one-helmet rule soon, you'll know exactly why

See what I tried to tell y'all? I tried to warn folks...I been saying it for years

People who keep talking about they want Nike to take over...this is what happens. And if MLB, the stiffest most traditional of the big leagues allows it, what hope is there for any other league?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived