2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

😆

That can't be me... I would never have such a crazy opinion as to say Carolina and New England would look strange in gray facemasks...

Insanity.  

Oh no, am I clone?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this game was not perfect, but I thought as a matchup between two teams with bad uniforms, this was not that bad. Sure it would help if the Seahawks wore navy socks to break up the leotard look and at least the Rams didn't wear bone-bone. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

54 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I know this game was not perfect, but I thought as a matchup between two teams with bad uniforms, this was not that bad. Sure it would help if the Seahawks wore navy socks to break up the leotard look and at least the Rams didn't wear bone-bone. 

spacer.png

I don't know what it is with the television cameras versus the on-field photographers' cameras, but in these photos the Seahawks' green appears to have more blue in it versus looking more yellow on TV (then again, the Rams' blue also appears a bit more purplish here than on TV, so what the hey).  I can deal with the shade of green in these photos much better than what it appears on TV. I don't hate it, but obviously I'd prefer if they never swath themselves shoulder-to-toe in it again after this. 

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Good stuff. I wasn't tracking on any of this, so thanks for digging up these links. I suppose I can look forward to the further degradation of the overall NFL aesthetic starting next season.  😆

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

56 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I don't know what it is with the television cameras versus the on-field photographers' cameras, but in these photos the Seahawks' green appears to have more blue in it versus looking more yellow on TV (then again, the Rams' blue also appears a bit more purplish here than on TV, so what the hey).  I can deal with the shade of green in these photos much better than what it appears on TV. I don't hate it, but obviously I'd prefer if they never swath themselves shoulder-to-toe in it again after this. 

Good stuff. I wasn't tracking on any of this, so thanks for digging up these links. I suppose I can look forward to the further degradation of the overall NFL aesthetic starting next season.  😆

The nfl made the announcement after teams could submit new uniforms for next season. So outside of a few teams who already had retro uniforms in their style guides (pats, bucs) teams won’t be using new helmets until 2023.

13 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If they wore them with white pants and navy socks, that would probably be the least offensive combination.  But still, no one would confuse it for a good uniform.  

Still a pale sad imitation of the original...

spacer.png

Always loved these! All for unique color schemes.  If Seattle would've followed the dress rules for these, they wouldn't be too bad. 

On 10/6/2021 at 4:50 PM, lgbaseball8 said:

The Bills uniforms have too many issues to be part of the “best matchup in football.” Unnecessary Navy trim, plain-white socks with white pants, hip/name-plate logos, and truncated helmet stripe are all details that I dislike with their current unis. If they wore the “standing buffalo” throwbacks against the Chiefs, I might consider that the best matchup in the NFL.

That helmet stripe is soooo unnecessary! I just noticed the smaller darker outline on numbers after a second look. Is that intentional navy outline or just a dark foundation of the number material?  Sans helmet strip, these are tops in my book but now I can't unsee that outline :( . Thanks~!

25 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

That helmet stripe is soooo unnecessary! I just noticed the smaller darker outline on numbers after a second look. Is that intentional navy outline or just a dark foundation of the number material?  Sans helmet strip, these are tops in my book but now I can't unsee that outline :( . Thanks~!

It’s navy, it’s on the stripes too. It’s unnecessary but so small I don’t notice it 99% of the time that I’ll still call it one of the best looks in the NFL currently.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

If they wore them with white pants and navy socks, that would probably be the least offensive combination.  But still, no one would confuse it for a good uniform.  

Still a pale sad imitation of the original...

spacer.png

Those plastic Riddell facemasks were a pox on the sport for years. That was the only facemask my middle school team offered and we all hated it. We wanted the cool facemask that Emmitt Smith used. 

11255949%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Hideous.. 

I want to say Willie Anderson was the last guy to use one of those silly things, but I could easily be wrong. He wore his all through his time with the Bengals and in his last year with the Ravens in 2008.

GettyImages-72850630.0.jpg

offensive-lineman-willie-anderson-of-the

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived