Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

The team I work for, the Lake Erie Crushers that play in the Frontier League, are getting new logos and new uniforms next year. Here's their current logo.. Which is not great IMO. We're probably getting a new color scheme, but our owner is keeping his options open. 

begm2n6rofhk67ates2s87vbs.gif

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

8 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

The team I work for, the Lake Erie Crushers that play in the Frontier League, are getting new logos and new uniforms next year. Here's their current logo.. Which is not great IMO. We're probably getting a new color scheme, but our owner is keeping his options open. 

They BETTER have purple in the color scheme...the team was named after wine crushers...

bYhYmxh.png

34 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

It's a good logo for like a tournament but doesn't translate into a good uniform look. It's too horizontal.  I still like the look though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, panthers_2012 said:

The new logo:

the crusher.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's a good logo for like a tournament but doesn't translate into a good uniform look. It's too horizontal.  I still like the look though.

The problem with this logo was that it was chosen by the previous owners children( I wish I was making this up). The previous owner was absent and ran the franchise into the ground and the new owner is very engaging with the fans and trying to build it back up. He's told me that he doesn't want to change the logo just to change it, he wants to keep the identity going and change it to reflect our back story.

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

They BETTER have purple in the color scheme...the team was named after wine crushers...

I'm surprised you know what are name is based off of. Most people in the Cleveland area don't even know why were named the Crushers!! 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

1 minute ago, panthers_2012 said:

The problem with this logo was that it was chosen by the previous owners children( I wish I was making this up). The previous owner was absent and ran the franchise into the ground and the new owner is very engaging with the fans and trying to build it back up. He's told me that he doesn't want to change the logo just to change it, he wants to keep the identity going and change it to reflect our back story.

I'm surprised you know what are name is based off of. Most people in the Cleveland area don't even know why were named the Crushers!! 

They probably though someone was a fan of the old Cleveland Crunch/Force!

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The team I work for, the Lake Erie Crushers that play in the Frontier League, are getting new logos and new uniforms next year. We're probably getting a new color scheme, but our owner is keeping his options open.

If the team really wants to get specific, it should adopt a color scheme of Concord Grape, Catawba Grape, and Chardonnay. On second thought, that may be too "refined a palette" for an independent minor-pro baseball team.

8 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

All I can think about is a bowling team from a sitcom television show.  Where's Wesley?

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Staten Island Yankees release five Name-the-Team Finalists.

Bridge Trolls - Why not just the "Trolls"?  The marketing campaign could write itself.

Heroes - Perhaps the best "quality" of the names...I'd wanted a team to call themselves the New York Heroes ever since the aftermath of 9/11.

Killer Bees - So they did get a Wu-Tang name after all (I had submitted Shaolin Warriors)...problem is, there's already two MiLB teams called "Bees."
Pizza Rats - The best of the "silly" names, there WILL be lots of merch sold from that brand!
Rock Pigeons - Again, why not just the "Pigeons"?  It can also be a popular brand...

bYhYmxh.png

43 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Bridge Trolls - Why not just the "Trolls"?  The marketing campaign could write itself.

Heroes - Perhaps the best "quality" of the names...I'd wanted a team to call themselves the New York Heroes ever since the aftermath of 9/11.

Killer Bees - So they did get a Wu-Tang name after all (I had submitted Shaolin Warriors)...problem is, there's already two MiLB teams called "Bees."
Pizza Rats - The best of the "silly" names, there WILL be lots of merch sold from that brand!
Rock Pigeons - Again, why not just the "Pigeons"?  It can also be a popular brand...

Man, I think all of those are pretty bad.  Pizza Rats kinda sounds it like was inspired by TMNT...maybe...not really...?  Heroes is ok but not great (probably a lot of alternate hats).  "Staten Island Rock Pigeons" sounds like an alternative game to R-P-S.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Is it me or is 2016 the year of terrible minor league rebranding names?

I thought it was the year of food. Fresno tacos, Lehigh valley cheesesteaks, Richmond brunch, Scranton-wb pierogies

KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Naming a baseball team Heroes is the most Staten Island thing to ever Staten Island and thus why I'm going to guess that will win this competition

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

3 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Ugh.  This is painful.  Losing the dignified name "Staten Island Yankees" for any of this garbage will be a shame.  (I say this not as a fan of baseball or of the Yankees, but as an opponent of stupidity.)

Also, in baseball, the Killer Bees are the Pirates of Bonds and Bonilla (and Bell and Berryhill and Belliard and Bream).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

16 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Also, in baseball, the Killer Bees are the Pirates of Bonds and Bonilla (and Bell and Berryhill and Belliard and Bream).

I actually think of the Astros with Biggio, Bagwell, Derek Bell, and to an extent Lance Berkman.