MLB 2021 Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Soooo MLB no-hitters are no longer a rarity.

Every passing no-hitter makes the one good thing the Orioles have done this season less and less impressive, which I definitely am salty about.Ā 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Isnā€™t it even more insulting to toss out a position player to pitch against players in the best league in the entire world? I get the strategy of it, but on its face, thatā€™s never looked real great to me. I would want to smash homers off of the dude, too.Ā 
Ā 

All this talk about how baseball is losing fans and theyā€™re focused on crap like game speed. The real issue isĀ difficulty of access to their product. Thatā€™s #1. But the other thing thatā€™s turned me totally off is just how mentally fragile these guys seem to be. Why do I want to spend three hours watching guys :censored: about unsaid decorum? Itā€™s childish and pathetic.

Ā 

I've been aware of baseball for nearly 40 years. I feel like I've heard more way about unwritten rules in the last 5 than the prior 30.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 5/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Mariners are always getting no hit.

Ā 

I've heard of feast or famine, but this is a little ridiculous: Twice the victim of a no-hitter in two weeks.

Ā 

Whoever is the hitting coach there needs to be tossed into the Puget Sound NAO!

Ā 

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

The Mariners are hitting .198 as a TEAM!

Ā 

Why do you think I want the hitting coach to be tossed into Puget Sound? No team should be hitting below .200 at worst.

Ā 

Whatever happened to patience and working the count and taking advantage of 2-0 and 3-0 counts?

Ā 

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Ā 

Why do you think I want the hitting coach to be tossed into Puget Sound? No team should be hitting below .200 at worst.

Ā 

Whatever happened to patience and working the count and taking advantage of 2-0 and 3-0 counts?

I hear taking advantage of 3-0 counts is frowned upon in some clubhouses.

51 minutes ago, dont care said:

To be fair, I donā€™t think the Mariners have ever had a 15 run lead this year.

Ā 

True.. In fact, the offense is so damn pathetic that they'd be lucky to get 15 runs in a week's worth of games.

Ā 

Here we go with more electronic sign stealing shenanigans, this time the cheating involvesĀ the Dodgers &Ā Rockies.

Ā 

Stop cheating you bums. Go Yanks!Ā 
Ā 

"I can tell you that a team that has been to the World Series often, recently... we caught them doing something almost similar (to the Astros)."

Ā 

Ā 

NYCdog.png

Went to my first ball game tonight post-pandemic. Buck night is great, all the hot dogs and peanuts I can eat for a buck each and fireworks?! Yes. Oh, the Royals lost thanks to Miguel Cabrera going oppo twice but you canā€™t have everything I guess.Ā 
Ā 

Eh, feels great to watch live baseballĀ again.Ā 

12 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Here we go with more electronic sign stealing shenanigans, this time the cheating involvesĀ the Dodgers &Ā Rockies.

Ā 

Stop cheating you bums. Go Yanks!Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Eh Iā€™m skeptical in his comments, he is a journey man who no one really knows, dude played on 30 minor league teams and 11 majors, and it would be higher if he didnā€™t go to some of the same teams twice. No other team has accused either team of cheating, unless there is audio proof of banging on the bench or whatever during games itā€™s a non story. Even if they did do what they are being accused of right now all of this is just hearsay with no evidence.Ā 

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Eh Iā€™m skeptical in his comments, he is a journey man who no one really knows, dude played on 30 minor league teams and 11 majors, and it would be higher if he didnā€™t go to some of the same teams twice. No other team has accused either team of cheating, unless there is audio proof of banging on the bench or whatever during games itā€™s a non story. Even if they did do what they are being accused of right now all of this is just hearsay with no evidence.Ā 

Mike Fiers is also a journeyman who basically said the same thing. Logan MorrisonĀ has also said the same.Ā It only became a story when fans like Jomboy investigated further. I donā€™t think itā€™s a non-story, I think baseball wants to sweep this scandal under the rug because they know a lot of teams are doing it and it would undermine the integrity of the league. And this is why Rob Manfred is a joke.

NYCdog.png

Archived