2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

6 hours ago, QCS said:

I like expansion purely because it means four more brands to enjoy/hate but I've never seen a dumber idea. NFL expansion would be pure stupid.

I don’t think it is especially with them looking at international markets (London should be a non-starter though) they should look at Mexico and Vancouver as other areas to expand to. Of the 4 major sports in America football is in the best position to expand. Just look at it they are the most popular sport by far, yet only baseball is the only league to not expand since the NFL added the Texans in 2002. Then you got increased games which means you need more teams to have a balanced schedule.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I don’t think it is especially with them looking at international markets (London should be a non-starter though) they should look at Mexico and Vancouver as other areas to expand to. Of the 4 major sports in America football is in the best position to expand. Just look at it they are the most popular sport by far, yet only baseball is the only league to not expand since the NFL added the Texans in 2002. Then you got increased games which means you need more teams to have a balanced schedule.

"in America".  NFL would be at best 2nd fiddle anywhere else.  Also, if any players complain about Denver's altitude, Mexico City is significantly higher.

More than anything, there's not 53x32 NFL-caliber players now, let alone 53x36.  There's always been a few jabronis in the league, but these days it seems like there's tons of players filling out rosters (and occasionally even starting) that are no better than a guy that could be picked up off the street.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

*ahem* He's baaaaaaaacccckk...

aq4HdKx.jpeg

Wow.  Even with Darnold out, this seemed kind of out of the blue.

I was rooting for Cam to get signed, and I love when players return to their former teams, so I see this as a win.  I think last year was a fluke, due to him contracting COVID and the Patriots’ lack of offensive weaponry. He may not be Superman anymore, but he’s sure as hell better than Sam Darnold.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

How nice it must be to be an LA Fan, where (nearly) every major player just falls right into your team's lap. 

LA football teams haven't won a football title since...ever? I think it's ever?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

The Raiders won a Super Bowl while in LA. Absolutely crushed Washington.

Oh! Corrected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I haven't been watching the Dolphins closely since they loss to Indy several weeks ago. Happy to see they beat Baltimore because that team has always dominated Miami. We literally have had more success against New England and Pittsburgh in the last ten years, which says something.

Hey Greg Roman, I have an idea. When a team stacks the box on you for literally the entire freaking game, leaving the middle of the field wide open, don’t call receiver screens and 10 yard buttonhooks. Cool? Cool. 

The hate he gets from Ravens fans is overboard sometimes but tonight was straight up incompetence. I could have called a better game from the booth by saying “uh yeah, you run here.” 

• Like 1

spacer.png

If you want to say the NFL shouldn't expand to London, you certainly can, and I agree. But if you want to say it'll never happen, and it's just some kind of smoke screen, I think you're underestimating the arrogance and stubbornness of 32 billionaires.

They've been talking about this for too long now for it to just be some kind of diversion. IMO, if they are intent on expanding to 36, they're going to find some way to make London happen. 

• Like 4