MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

4 minutes ago, docbrass said:

the only connection is Kroeneke

Ha! Can't believe I overlooked the obvious. Of course. 

There was talk, though, around a dozen years ago or so of a more tangible connection between the clubs, as if Colorado would be Arsenal's proxy in the U.S. Maybe it was just talk because of the Kroenke connection, but as an Arsenal fan who had yet to form an MLS allegiance, it had piqued my interest. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

Man, that green is so nice, stripes were absolutely not needed. It’s depressing that within a decade they’ll likely be a primarily black team with green trim

The stripes (on the jacket) should be black. Sounders do this too for some reason, using white stripes on green sometimes when the blue stripes look far better. 

Also why does MLS hate zip-up hoodies?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

41 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

The stripes (on the jacket) should be black. Sounders do this too for some reason, using white stripes on green sometimes when the blue stripes look far better. 

Also why does MLS hate zip-up hoodies?

adidas hates them, so MLS does by default. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

RSL kit is mostly white with a burgundy/red crest, adidas logo, shoulder stripes, Inner & edge of collar, Inner & edge of sleeve, shorts stripes, shorts crest. Shorts numbers. 

the overlay on the white will be a grey “pattern” that’s a repeated design made of a mishmash of art elements. Visible “SALT LAKE” text and part of “BELIEVE”. Slight crown elements. 

2 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

I really find it pretty hilarious how MLS feels the need to give their kits "names" as if it's some big, meaningful thing. It's not, and I wish they'd drop it, because it's a joke.

I’m sure it’s equal parts marketing and equal parts plausible deniability for when a team wears its presumed home kit only twice at home.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 hours ago, Digby said:

I’m sure it’s equal parts marketing and equal parts plausible deniability for when a team wears its presumed home kit only twice at home.

As it relates to marketing, it could also be something to help give purpose behind alternate uniforms that don't represent a team's primary colors. The notion of a "change kit" is common in global soccer, but (the recent lunacy of the NBA aside) might still be considered an oddity in the North American custom of home and away uniforms using a team's primary color palette. I was in Portland when the Timbers joined MLS, and naming their secondaries the Rose City Red kits at the time made it clear that the off-brand color choice wasn't made at random. This is just a theory for the sake of discussion, of course. I know nothing. :)

21 hours ago, hendocfc said:

That RSL description sounds suspiciously similar to what the away shirt for the more famous Real will look like... just in different colours.

Are you referring to the Real Madrid leak with the Orange and Blue accents? The collar type might be the same, along with the usual shoulder stripes. The pattern though isn’t at all the same. Real Madrid’s is a couple repeating, colored lines. The RSL pattern is a  combination of photos or custom designed “Believe”/Lion elements repeated vertically maybe 3 times. To me it resembles a scrapbook section or various magazine clippings stacked upon each other maybe. Also not colorful, but grey like the FC Cincinnati grey-on-white of their current white kit.

I could mock it up I guess. 

Archived