MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, QCS said:

I actually really like that direction, especially if the snowflake is white and not gray. It's different and a big upgrade over the Impact logo.

Pretty sure it will be white not grey. The color is from the lighting and quality of the picture, so I'm betting it's white. I agree, not awful, depends on how they use it on the kit. I really hope for the kit they just use the fleur de lis as the crest, or the snowflake design. But I definitely don't *hate* it. 

Though it does feel a bit silly that people (including myself) already responding so strongly to images that are non-professionally-made designs based on a sliver of the real thing that appeared in super low quality. 

Guess we'll see.

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, QCS said:

I actually really like that direction, especially if the snowflake is white and not gray. It's different and a big upgrade over the Impact logo.

There's also the possibility the end up with something like Iceland, which everyone loved:

iceland-logo+%252813%2529.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, Corvus said:

I wonder if Montreal considered adopting a more "city colours" scheme and going with red white and blue ala the Habs, Expos, and Alouttes at any point. 

Would be interesting, for sure, but consider how many r-w-b clubs there are in MLS already. Chicago (seems likely they go back to that scheme from the current one), Dallas, Revs, Red Bulls (kind of), RSL (kind of), and seemingly now STL too. But only MTL and now Charlotte have blue and black.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, alexandre said:

spacer.png

I whipped this up pretty fast while watching a toddler, so don't mind the awkward spacing of the text, but I think it might look something like this? It's...ok, clearly inspired by the new Als branding and going for that Burton Kramer aesthetic.

CBC, is that you?

1024px-CBC_Logo_1974-1986.svg.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Montreal have had garbage logos at every level, always thought it was a waste for one of North America's greatest design cities. Embracing the local culture of modernist design makes too much sense, as long as they do it well.

A silver color scheme would explain why they rolled that weird silver/black away kit last year, with no blue in sight, which felt very out-of-step with what the other MLS teams were doing with away kits last year.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, WarriorFight said:

Would be interesting, for sure, but consider how many r-w-b clubs there are in MLS already. Chicago (seems likely they go back to that scheme from the current one), Dallas, Revs, Red Bulls (kind of), RSL (kind of), and seemingly now STL too. But only MTL and now Charlotte have blue and black.

True. Just seems like a way you might want to go

1 hour ago, QCS said:

a big upgrade over the Impact logo

We clearly have different aesthetic preferences.  I'm not a huge fan of the current Impact crest, but both versions of this weird snowflake setup look just awful to me.  Maybe the real thing might change my mind, but I'm also convinced that dropping Impact is a huge mistake.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 minutes ago, -kj said:

We clearly have different aesthetic preferences.  I'm not a huge fan of the current Impact crest, but both versions of this weird snowflake setup look just awful to me.  Maybe the real thing might change my mind, but I'm also convinced that dropping Impact is a huge mistake.

Well, I do have a very big soft spot for the style of logos they seem to be aiming for. The '70s minimalist era is by far my favorite and if they go that direction, I'll enjoy it. Looking at the Impact logo again makes me like it more than I did when I posted that, but I think this could be an overall stronger brand.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, QCS said:

Well, I do have a very big soft spot for the style of logos they seem to be aiming for. The '70s minimalist era is by far my favorite and if they go that direction, I'll enjoy it. Looking at the Impact logo again makes me like it more than I did when I posted that, but I think this could be an overall stronger brand.

Like this?

sports_montreal_olympic_2af56_450x450.pn

I can kind of see a bit of that spirit in the new logo, but it's really not all the way there.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Like this?

sports_montreal_olympic_2af56_450x450.pn

I can kind of see a bit of that spirit in the new logo, but it's really not all the way there.

Yeah, I was really hoping for something closer to that. I'm a little disappointed by the real one. Was hoping for more '76 Olympics, less... gray.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

RQWKCWz.png

Club de foot? I'm a French Quebecer and this sounds like :censored: even in French. It only makes sense for a handful of euro wannabe hipsters that want to think they're too cool to watch "soccer". A majority of people who gives a crap about this club in Quebec calls it "l'Impact", what will they use now? "Hey have you watched the club de foot game last night?".

Archived