Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

9 minutes ago, QCS said:

Commanders is a solid choice. The primary is too complex for my tastes but I imagine we won't see it all too often. I don't hate the stencil W and it might look pretty good on the helmet. I give it a "slightly nervous for the full reveal" out of ten.

I'm not sure that's the primary. Seems like it could be an alternate? I think the stencil "W" will be the primary. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I'm not sure that's the primary. Seems like it could be an alternate? I think the stencil "W" will be the primary. 

Yeah the more I think about it the more I imagine the W would be the primary with that being an alternate similar to the Ravens' shield logo.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

18 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Washington DC Football Commanders = New York Football Giants

The People's Team = America's Team

What did they take from Philadelphia?

7 minutes ago, tBBP said:

The nation's capital. 😎

YYAPCDJ.png

• Like 17

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

As far as the wording on the seal,

”Washington DC Football Commanders” seems to be a jab at “New York Football Giants” while “The People’s Team” is as I stated before, a jab at the Cowboys being “America’s Team”.

I have yet to see anything Eagles related.

Encourage the fans to act like degenerates in order to boost attendance? 

Seriously, they stole railing collapsing from the Eagles and having a :censored:ty stadium and turf. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Didn't this graphic come from the team? They're really just going to let their new logo hang out for the world to see before it's revealed? I hope they would have better QC than that. 

Commanders could have been one of the options but chose to go with something else.

Expecting better QC out of a Dan Snyder-owned team, talk about an evergreen joke.

• Like 6

spacer.png

4 hours ago, kutztown said:

Anyone share this yet?  

spacer.png

Looks like Washington Commanders is on the paper? 

Someone said this looks like a burgundy Waste Management logo. Thanks for that; I actually like this logo but now I'll never be able to un-see that. 

• Like 8

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

People complain about MLS teams that aren't "Generic FC" being unsoccerish and lacking dignity, yet they want the "FC" thing to spread to other sports... why?

Maybe DC FC and red/black/no gold uniforms will be their parallel-universe brand, in the modern ViceHeat tradition.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They'll be called "Commies" for short.  That way "the people's team" makes perfect sense.

Dang it, now the thought of paintings of Ron Rivera styled like the Chairman Dwight portrait hanging around the stadium is stuck in my head.

spacer.png

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 hours ago, Needschat said:

People, it could have been worse. They could have reached into the city's sports history and brought back the Diplomats.  Fans and press would have a field day with the shortened name!

spacer.png

Worked for dipset...

• Like 2