Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

That's actually great!

Except he should have said "sorry guys, I only have time for one more, I can't answer 32 questions".

• Like 21

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That's actually great!

Except he should have said "sorry guys, I only have time for one more, I can't answer 32 questions".

They'd never let him say the actual team name in that press conference. 32s confirmed!

• Like 19

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Enough about the Browns, Ravens and the Titans, let's get back to the topic at hand here; what city the Angels play in.

Don't you mean what suburb they play in?

I'm going to be really disappointed if I don't start seeing mockups of Ken Anderson in the 32s new uniforms.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, selgy said:

Is that a scrimmage game of reds vs white? 

</s> 

Correction. REDBLACKS vs white. 😛

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The weird and sad middle ground attempt to merge the Texans and Oilers identities

spacer.png
spacer.png

That’s why they are/were the broke-ass oilers. (I promise eventually I’ll stop with the BASS jokes. Not today though.)

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I think the Titans could simply remove the flame from the logo and stick with the roundel to make it look more of a shield and apply it to these uniforms. 

15 hours ago, insert name said:

The Titans peaked aesthetically here

Tennessee Titans Hype 2018-19 | &quot;Rule The World&quot; | ᴴᴰ - YouTube

• Like 6

I saw, I came, I left.

20 hours ago, tBBP said:

636053886429279621-TN-Oilers-vs-Saints-i

I realize 1) this was a couple pages back, and 2) it's not relevant, and 3) it may be an unpopular opinion, but the Oilers in white on white like this is far superior to them on white on blue. It's something about how balanced the blue and red look in this application.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The weird and sad middle ground attempt to merge the Texans and Oilers identities

spacer.png
spacer.png

Too bad this look will likely not be coming back next year. At least the helmet logo won't be. The wildcatter logo may be gone too sinc ethe NFL says it's too close to Flying Elvis.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

#RNation on the pants, jfc

I was working in the front office when they moved to those uniforms, and I couldn't hold back my eye rolls when they got shown to us. Last year they were smart enough to at least get rid of the hashtag when they updated the uniforms (they still say RNation though).

16 hours ago, tBBP said:

As to their logo, I always found the whole fireball thing to be an interesting approach (I'm told the inspiration was from the "flame of Prometheus"). It's cool to look at--but it's a pain to work with. The main issue is that due to its overall shape it is next to impossible to center correctly--it requires a whole lotta nudging & eyeballing. (That logo's placement on shirts and sweaters literally is all over the place depending on who's producing it.) Still, though, I do like it for its uniqueness; the Miami Heat's logo is the only other one I can think off offhand that features the essence of a fireball (at least among the big 4).

The NHL has a few teams with winged logos that have similar centering issues (Detroit, Ottawa, St. Louis, Philly). The Wings used to place their logo with the wheel centered on the jersey instead of the whole logo.

spacer.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I realize 1) this was a couple pages back, and 2) it's not relevant, and 3) it may be an unpopular opinion, but the Oilers in white on white like this is far superior to them on white on blue. It's something about how balanced the blue and red look in this application.

I definitely like both looks.  The white on blue was nice as well because it was unique.

On 1/12/2022 at 2:06 PM, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Annnnd let’s throw in a star and a silver helmet because Houston loves the Dallas Cowboys

• Like 2

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

One of my favorite things over the past week has been reading all the tweets and Facebook posts from Washington “fans” voicing their disgust for the potential Commanders name and “calling it quits” if it’s the official name. Oh, and throwing a fit about stars being on the uniform.

Get over yourselves and grow up.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

One of my favorite things over the past week has been reading all the tweets and Facebook posts from Washington “fans” voicing their disgust for the potential Commanders name and “calling it quits” if it’s the official name. Oh, and throwing a fit about stars being on the uniform.

Get over yourselves and grow up.

These are the VERY SAME PEOPLE who thought there was nothing wrong or corny about their previous name.

"R**skins was a fine name. If they start going by Commanders, fxck it i'm out!"

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png