NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

More combos means more crappy looks.

Also more good looks

I think these would look pretty good, because they all have some historical context:

Bills with blue facemasks

Patriots with gray facemasks

Jets with white facemasks

Dolphins with aqua facemasks

I'm sure I could do an alternate facemask for most teams and they'd look pretty good

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Also more good looks

I think these would look pretty good, because they all have some historical context:

Bills with blue facemasks

Patriots with gray facemasks

Jets with white facemasks

Dolphins with aqua facemasks

I'm sure I could do an alternate facemask for most teams and they'd look pretty good

Sure... if those are better looks they should all just wear them.

• Like 9

Not sure if posted, but the nine teams that will have alternate helmets in 2022 are:

Arizona

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Houston

New Orleans

New York Jets

Philadelphia

Washington

You didn't hear it from me 🤫

EDIT:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • WOAH 3

4 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Not sure if posted, but the nine teams that will have alternate helmets in 2022 are:

Arizona

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Houston

New Orleans

New York Jets

Philadelphia

Washington

Where's Tampa and NE? We already know those are coming back and I'm pretty sure Dallas' old thanksgiving jerseys are still in the style guide too.

So while I'm very skeptical I'll add my 2 cents just for fun:

Arizona - guessing this is black for their two black jerseys.

Carolina - probably black but hopefully blue.

Chicago - Do they have any other helmet color in their history that I'm missing? This can't be true.

Cincinnati - most likely white, outside shot of another orange for throwbacks.

Houston - Old white prototype?

New Orleans - old gold to match throwbacks

New York Jets - no doubt in my mind this would be BFBS.

Philadelphia - 100% the kelly green. All but confirmed.

Washington - we already saw.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Where's Tampa and NE? We already know those are coming back and I'm pretty sure Dallas' old thanksgiving jerseys are still in the style guide too.

Buddy of mine sent me the list of alternate helmets available for pre-order through Riddell. Those weren't included however I do not believe the list is complete either. I believe they are considering throwback helmets different than alternates.

EDIT: Just added list to original post

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigDmo said:

Arizona

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Houston

New Orleans

New York Jets

Philadelphia

Washington

EDIT:

spacer.png

This is good info…the upcharges (for the Saints and Jets) are usually related to different paint jobs or chrome elements. Interested in that Eagles helmet if it’s not the throwback we expect in 2023.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Chicago - Do they have any other helmet color in their history that I'm missing? This can't be true.

Looks like they had:

1934_ChiBears.png

1925_ChiBears.png

I'd wouldn't be mad if they bring back faux leather style like Commanders had back in few seasons ago.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

These were the last two years where a team had something new.

- Atlanta Falcons

- Cleveland Browns

- Indianapolis Colts

- Los Angeles Chargers

- Los Angeles Rams

- New England Patriots

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- Washington Football Team

- Cincinnati Bengals

- Cleveland Browns

- Detroit Lions

- Green Bay Packers

- Indianapolis Colts

- Los Angeles Rams

- New York Giants

- San Francisco 49ers

I didn't count the Jaguars for 2021 because it's just a color swap for the teal and black to exchange being the primary and alternate.

2020 and 2021 had a handful of uniform changes or additions. What does 2022 got? It will be interesting to see. So far it's the Washington Commanders identity and the Rams 4th uniform which they have left to reveal. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:58 PM, VikWings said:

Philadelphia - 100% the kelly green. All but confirmed.

Not sure what jersey they'd wear it with since 2023 is the first year they can wear a kelly green jersey (unless they secretly put in for it back when the world was ending in 2020, which is unlikely).

On 2/4/2022 at 8:04 PM, WSU151 said:

This is good info…the upcharges (for the Saints and Jets) are usually related to different paint jobs or chrome elements. Interested in that Eagles helmet if it’s not the throwback we expect in 2023.

It has to be black, right?  Just not sure how the rules work - like can they wear a black alt helmet next year then switch it to kelly green in 2023 when they (presumably) have those jerseys ready to go?  Or if they go black, would they be stuck with it for a few years?  Who the hell knows in this wacky era of NFL fashion we're living in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Not sure what jersey they'd wear it with since 2023 is the first year they can wear a kelly green jersey (unless they secretly put in for it back when the world was ending in 2020, which is unlikely).

It has to be black, right?  Just not sure how the rules work - like can they wear a black alt helmet next year then switch it to kelly green in 2023 when they (presumably) have those jerseys ready to go?  Or if they go black, would they be stuck with it for a few years?  Who the hell knows in this wacky era of NFL fashion we're living in.

There’s a small chance it could be a white helmet with a midnight green wing, perhaps as an homage to the late 60s/early 70s. 

But I think odds are good it will be black. 

Not sure what the helmet rules will be in terms of minimum seasons. 

Also, a Uniwatch article from December reported 15 teams will have alternate helmets, with the only assurance being the Raiders not having one. So if we have 9 and are trying to get to 15, seems like Bucs, Pats, Falcons, and Chargers would likely be added.

I've generally been curious about the Bears deploying this combination on Thanksgiving Day.

https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1934_CHI-DET^13

Solid white helmet. White jersey with the classic stripes and solid navy block numbers. Canvas colored pants. Blue socks with orange stripes. 

That against the Lions classic throwbacks would be a visual feast.

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There’s a small chance it could be a white helmet with a midnight green wing, perhaps as an homage to the late 60s/early 70s. 

But I think odds are good it will be black. 

My ideal Eagles uniform tweak (meaning if we're assuming the midnight green jersey isn't going anywhere) is a silver helmet with green/black wings (either current style or previous), and silver (not gray) pants with similar striping to the current.  I'd love for them to have a silver helmet.

That being said, in and of itself, a black helmet could look great.  I'm not sure what color scheme the wings would have - like would the outline be midnight green?  Or would the filling be midnight green and silver, and the outline green?  Or the old wings (basically pre-order the decals for 2023) but on a black helmet, like Rice used to wear?

I hate alt helmets that aren't for throwbacks, and would vote strongly against introducing a black helmet, but given that it's likely coming whether anyone wants it or not, it will probably look good for what it is.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."