NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 minute ago, throwuascenario said:

Any Cardinals redesign that involves changing the logo is a non-starter for me. Their logo is completely perfect now and should never be messed with again.

I was just coming on here to say this. I don't know that I'd call it perfect, but in a sports world with so many different variations of the cardinal, the logo used by the NFL Cardinals is easily identifiable as theirs and only theirs. You don't want a redesign that could effectively dilute brand recognition. 

I could easily see someone confusing this for the similar, cartoon-inspired renderings used by Louisville or Illinois State. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Any Cardinals redesign that involves changing the logo is a non-starter for me. Their logo is completely perfect now and should never be messed with again.

Agreed, but with that said, it's still a decent concept if the current logo is used. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

38 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Say /sarcasm right now

spacer.png

I like how the Seahawks do the sublimated patterns on their numerals. I think it works much better than trying to sublimate striping. And we know, if they redesign, the Cards are gonna find a way to cram the Arizona flag in there. This is the least-obtrusive option. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I like how the Seahawks do the sublimated patterns on their numerals. I think it works much better than trying to sublimate striping. And we know, if they redesign, the Cards are gonna find a way to cram the Arizona flag in there. This is the least-obtrusive option. 

The Seahawks also utilize a completely unnecessary sublimated helmet stripe

spacer.png

The least obtrusive option for the Cardinals is to not use the flag at all. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, Volt said:

- military-style name patch or team patch on left chest

I don't see why the Cardinals should go all in on a military theme of any type on the uniforms themselves. I'm aware of Pat Tillman dying in  Afghanistan, but he's one player for a team that's older than the league it plays in. 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:29 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, I don't get this board's obsession with the Cardinals and the Arizona state flag.

It's the same for all the people that want to add the Maryland flag to the Ravens. I like it for the Cardinals since they had the flags on the sleeves when they moved, but it seems forced every time I see it on the Ravens. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's the same for all the people that want to add the Maryland flag to the Ravens. I like it for the Cardinals since they had the flags on the sleeves when they moved, but it seems forced every time I see it on the Ravens. 

To be fair, this logo is present on the Ravens uniform-

spacer.pngHowever, most iterations of Cardinals and Ravens concepts rely way too heavily on state flags.

• Like 4

My positive take about the Arizona flag and the Cardinals is that, given thier relatively nomadic history, using the flag is a solid way to visually establish permanence in the Arizona region. Also, it’s (in my opinion) one of the best flags in the nation, if not the best, so it looks very good when used right.

I think the concept posted earlier in the thread is one of my favorite Cardinals concepts I’ve ever seen because of how well it utilizes the flag while still maintaining a more traditional uniform base. I’d go with the current Cardinal head over the concept logo too, but the way the flag is integrated as a striping pattern on the uniforms is genius to me. It achieves what the 90’s road uniforms tried to do in a really creative way. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I like some of the Cardinal concepts that use a secondary red color.  A desert burnt red if you will... If they lean too much on yellow as secondary, they might look to much like the chiefs. I think keeping the cardinal head, and then leaning on a red, burnt red, white, and minimal black color scheme might be a cool route. Keep them traditional but move them in a new direction that says "Arizona" without slapping a flag on the sleeve.

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Seahawks also utilize a completely unnecessary sublimated helmet stripe

spacer.png

The least obtrusive option for the Cardinals is to not use the flag at all. 

I’m aware of the Seahawks’ excessive sublimation; I like it on the numerals, dislike it on the uniform striping, and am kind of neutral on the helmet. If the Cardinals were to utilize sublimation, they should pick only one uniform element, and I think the numbers would be the best choice. 

14 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I’m aware of the Seahawks’ excessive sublimation; I like it on the numerals, dislike it on the uniform striping, and am kind of neutral on the helmet. If the Cardinals were to utilize sublimation, they should pick only one uniform element, and I think the numbers would be the best choice. 

Sure they could do sublimation, but try a pattern that isn’t the state flag. 

11 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

In a sports world with so many different variations of the cardinal, the logo used by the NFL Cardinals is easily identifiable as theirs and only theirs.

that-part-exactly.gif

11 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I like how the Seahawks do the sublimated patterns on their numerals. I think it works much better than trying to sublimate striping. And we know, if they redesign, the Cards are gonna find a way to cram the Arizona flag in there.

The funny thing is...albeit very subtly, the current Cardinals uniforms already have an homage to the state flag in them. But that to the side, I feel like if Bidwill doesn't force that issue, Nike Inc. will...in their own "innovative" way. 

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

To be fair, this logo is present on the Ravens uniform-

spacer.pngHowever, most iterations of Cardinals and Ravens concepts rely way too heavily on state flags.

And that's a problem I see way too often around these parts. People maaayyyy wanna remember that the team is named the Arizona Cardinals, not the Arizona States.

4 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Whenever they eventually rebrand, there's no way they don't include at least a little copper. 

I feel like they might try that, too... but it'd be a bad idea, since it'd bring them a little too close to their red-and-gold division rival...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Leave the flags for hokey college uniforms.  It was nice when they first moved, since an NFL team in Phoenix was such a novelty and nothing else major on the uniform changed, but that novelty wore off quickly and there's no need for the flag or any flag inspiration to appear again.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The flag keeps showing up in Cardinals redesigns because it's the only unique design element they've ever had. Even the piping they use now isn't all that special.

Take the flag out of the equation, and you're left with uniforms any team could wear. Their uniform history is extremely uninteresting, and it's not even consistent enough to be iconic like the Raiders, Colts, or Packers' uniforms are. Recoloring the Jags' uniforms in red and white produces a pleasing result, but it also shows how much Jacksonville's unique color scheme covered for their plainness. Unless the Cardinals feel like radically reinventing their brand, leaning on the flag imagery is probably the best way forward.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Blast_Brothers said:

Unless the Cardinals feel like radically reinventing their brand, leaning on the flag imagery is probably the best way forward.

I sort of agree. But the issue is that the flag colors really clash with red. 

A total rebrand is the way to go. Cardinals are just barely native to the state, anyway.

I don't know -- maybe this is just the old-timer in me starting to emerge, but I still think this is one of the nicest and most unappreciated looks in the history of the league. I think the Cardinals can become a team that embraces white to its fullest. I didn't even mind the plain, red nature of the old home uniforms. An update inspired by this would be fantastic. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

On 2/4/2022 at 10:36 PM, gothedistance said:

These were the last two years where a team had something new.

- Atlanta Falcons

- Cleveland Browns

- Indianapolis Colts

- Los Angeles Chargers

- Los Angeles Rams

- New England Patriots

- Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- Washington Football Team

- Cincinnati Bengals

- Cleveland Browns

- Detroit Lions

- Green Bay Packers

- Indianapolis Colts

- Los Angeles Rams

- New York Giants

- San Francisco 49ers

I didn't count the Jaguars for 2021 because it's just a color swap for the teal and black to exchange being the primary and alternate.

2020 and 2021 had a handful of uniform changes or additions. What does 2022 got? It will be interesting to see. So far it's the Washington Commanders identity and the Rams 4th uniform which they have left to reveal. 

I am a bit surprised there have been no hints from teams or leaks from anybody about this. Maybe that means there won't be any uni overhauls this offseason, just tweaks (a la the Colts) or additions (Rams).

The Rams do so much mixing and matching of their current set, I am guessing whatever they do will fold into that. From that standpoint, I don't think changing the helmet shell would be likely for them. This is purely a guess but I think this year they will add a yellow jersey and white pants, a combo they wore in their first championship and their earliest days in LA.