NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

2 hours ago, TonyJets33 said:

The football is referring to "New York Football Jets" moniker... 

Forgive me, but why would the Jets lean into a phrase that’s so strongly associated with the Giants?

1 hour ago, the_grateful_ted said:

Especially considering how the best, most intimidating teams in the sport don’t utilize BFBS (ravens are a primary culprit in this). 

I think it’s kind of unfair to call the Ravens a “culprit” when black makes perfect sense for them.

• Like 2

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Let me make another bold prediction. The Eagles will keep the black helmet, and add a Kelly green helmet when the throwback jerseys are ready.  They’ll decide to keep both, because honestly what’s stopping them. The NFL will then okay teams having an alternate helmet and a throwback helmet, as though they were ok with it all along 

You want to bet against it?

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oh, and another bold prediction. Every team (with the possible exception of the Packers and Raiders) that passed on this idea this year is watching the twitter hits, the espn.com blurbs, and the Facebook chatter, and kicking themselves for not getting in on this. Next year it’ll be damn near everyone. 

Alright dude I think we got it. 👌

Alt unis and helmets: Very bad!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Yawn 1

Never. They learned their lesson about monochrome vs. monochrome with similar colors after the colorblind color rush debacle. I highly doubt the return/continuation of mono-black will do anything to change that.
W5lLR2y.jpg

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Alt helmet tiers woo

Actively improve the uniform: All throwbacks, Panthers (as long as its worn with black pants), Bengals 

Could do with, could do without: Texans

Makes any uniform worse by existing: Jets, Saints, Eagles, Commies

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, PERRIN said:

Never. They learned their lesson about monochrome vs. monochrome with similar colors after the colorblind color rush debacle. I highly doubt the return/continuation of mono-black will do anything to change that.
W5lLR2y.jpg

I assure you I was being sarcastic. Just mocking this bizarre, inexplicable league-wide obsession.

50 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

They’re going to go full NBA soon aren’t they? So much for a relatively consistent identity. 

I feel like these comments are completely overdramatic.

NFL teams wearing a different helmet for 3 games a season is nothing compared to other leagues. NBA, MLB, college teams and soccer teams have "city" uniforms throughout that sometimes have zero connection to their team's brand but rather their location.

Variety is popular in sports and fans don't want to see the same uniforms every single week.

• Like 4
  • Yawn 1

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

I disagree completely with this.  Anecdotally, I see far fewer black jerseys than any other color, and I honestly don't think I've overheard any conversation (or been part of any myself) where anyone's praising the black jersey.

I'm sure there's sales statistics that would tell the story one way or the other, but other than the kids on twitter who tweet fire emojis, I really don't think the black look is too popular.

You do see them more than the white Jersey's I would say, of course green is the most popular.

The throwback Kelly green's will sell a hell of alot more.

The real point is what is the point of black helmets, since you don't sell those, and I doubt the market for mini helmets is that big.

29 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

but at least they put rules in place to preserve brands.

Their alt helmet rules are already not being enforced lol. The avalanche from home & away uniforms to color rush to extra alt to loosening other rules to alt helmets has happened in a relatively short period and it's not gonna stop.

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

non-throwback alternate

It's been a long day pulling my hair out about these helmets, please forgive me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

NFL teams wearing a different helmet for 3 games a season is nothing compared to other leagues. NBA, MLB, college teams and soccer teams have "city" uniforms throughout that sometimes have zero connection to their team's brand but rather their location.

Variety is popular in sports and fans don't want to see the same uniforms every single week.

Yes we do. It's the sport's aesthetic. It's a team's brand. It's the best look every week and over time, not a trend started somewhere else.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Oh, and another bold prediction. Every team (with the possible exception of the Packers and Raiders) that passed on this idea this year is watching the twitter hits, the espn.com blurbs, and the Facebook chatter, and kicking themselves for not getting in on this. Next year it’ll be damn near everyone. 

No shot the Raiders have an alternate helmet that's not a throwback.

After the Color Rush program ended they trashed the all white look and converted it into a throwback. The Raiders just don't like to screw around with their look.

2022_LV_E.png

I would love to see this for a game but it's unlikely that it would happen. It's more possible than an alternate helmet but still unlikely.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 5
  • Dislike 2

bSLCtu2.png

8 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

There are only 17 games in a season. Fans were already getting plenty of variety before teams started adding unnecessary second helmets.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1