NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

18 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

I almost instinctually posted that you were wrong and that the stadium and those unis debuted simultaneously, but then I looked it up and…

spacer.png

My mind is completely blown. I had absolutely no idea that this current uni set was old enough to have seen SDS. That’s insane. When you put it that way, I think they basically have to change their look and soon. That’s FAR too long for any team to look that meh to bad. 

I can't believe those uniforms debuted in 2005 and not 2002. They were out of style the moment from the first snap of the first preseason game. I can't believe they're still wearing them. 

Related: the Cardinals have my least favorite helmets in the league, but the all black alternates are not the answer. 

They look like the Falcons. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm surprised I don't hate those black helmets. They help to tie together the black piping of the uniform.

We all know they should just revert to the Tillman-era uniforms. But if they're going to commit to looking silly, those black helmets aren't the silliest part of their uniform.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Sport said:

I can't believe those uniforms debuted in 2005 and not 2002. They were out of style the moment from the first snap of the first preseason game. I can't believe they're still wearing them. 

Related: the Cardinals have my least favorite helmets in the league, but the all black alternates are not the answer. 

The judges would have also accepted: They look like louisville.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

7 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Similar to the Milwaukee Brewers and (then) Miller Park, delayed a year, wore the Times New Roman numbers in County Stadium's last year of use.

GettyImages-1218327783-750x375.jpg

Here's a bizarre one: Philies wearing their swirl-P uniforms in the last season of Connie Mack / Shibe Park. And the original version was flannel!

DtT7kkxU8AAJ5wx?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 5
  • WOAH 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm surprised I don't hate those black helmets. They help to tie together the black piping of the uniform.

We all know they should just revert to the Tillman-era uniforms. But if they're going to commit to looking silly, those black helmets aren't the silliest part of their uniform.

I’ll echo this. It amazes me that the black helmet is ironically 1 of 2 things right with the uniform set. The other thing being the standard white helmet.

9 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Tillman-era was a little too plain for me.  I'm not going to go the lazy route and say "but they look like practice jerseys", but they need a little more pizazz, whether a logo on the sleeve (and ditch the TV numbers), some trim, or... something.

If we get Tillman jerseys with solid-white pants (as is the current trend) then maybe "but they look like practice jerseys" might not be a lazy critique.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, Sport said:

More like the Ottawa Redblacks.

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Honestly if they started wearing those as their full time uniforms I wouldn't even be mad lol

For sure. Fix the pants and that literally all they have to do. That's what makes the Cardinals so maddening. Literally the easiest fix in the history of sports. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, M4One said:

More like the Ottawa Redblacks.

spacer.png

Get rid of the side panels and wordmark, and this would be fine for AZ.  Slap either the bird or TV numbers (not both) on the sleeve and use the white helmet and they're good to go.  For the red, they could either do solid, or maybe even black yokes would be OK.

I've never thought the Cardinals uniforms are bad, they just belong in the year 2003.

*ducks behind counter*

While their pre-2005 uniforms were pretty timeless, they tied back to a very rough time in St. Louis, and even though they're the oldest franchise in the league, I don't think anyone in Phoenix really has a soft spot for the "heritage" of Cardinals football. 

A modern get up works since their existence in Arizona really felt like it required a facelift -- afterall, their temporary way of making themselves feel re-born was simply slapping the Arizona flag on the sleeves. 

I have no interest in them reverting to the ultra-simplified look of yesteryear, I would even be more intruiged if they adopted a new color scheme, possibly something similar to the Coyotes/D-Backs deeper red and sand aesthetic.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I've never thought the Cardinals uniforms are bad, they just belong in the year 2003.

*ducks behind counter*

While their pre-2005 uniforms were pretty timeless, they tied back to a very rough time in St. Louis, and even though they're the oldest franchise in the league, I don't think anyone in Phoenix really has a soft spot for the "heritage" of Cardinals football. 

A modern get up works since their existence in Arizona really felt like it required a facelift -- afterall, their temporary way of making themselves feel re-born was simply slapping the Arizona flag on the sleeves. 

I have no interest in them reverting to the ultra-simplified look of yesteryear, I would even be more intruiged if they adopted a new color scheme, possibly something similar to the Coyotes/D-Backs deeper red and sand aesthetic.

I agree. I'm worried it will either be oversimplified or they'll look too much like the Falcons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

*ducks behind counter*

100% agree with the "sand" addition. 

Also as a St Louisan, it really is amazing how much crappy football we have had. Thank god for the few Greatest Show on Turf years. As much as I love the look of the unis the Cardinals wore when they were in STL, that isn't the answer for them either. Totally agree. 

A while back someone posted Larry Fitgerald in a recolored Jags uniform and it looked perfect.  Simple enough to blend in with Cardinals history, but modern enough to be more than a throwback or "practice jersey".

EDIT: after some digging, I found the post. Shoutout @Bathysphere

Edited by LA Fakers+ LA Snippers
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

A while back someone posted Larry Fitgerald in a recolored Jags uniform and it looked perfect.  Simple enough to blend in with Cardinals history, but modern enough to be more than a throwback or "practice jersey".

EDIT: after some digging, I found the post. Shoutout @Bathysphere

Heyooo I didnt have to do the shameless plug this time lol

(Its Laviska Shenault with Deandre Hopkins’s head)

• Like 2