NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

No, I meant tOSU. They will ALSO wear an all black uniform this year. Black is not a color found in the color scheme of either tOSU or the New Your Jets. If you are the Scarlet and Grey, or Big Green, how about you wear those colors?

Don't the Ohio State uniforms have black in the stripes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Don't the Ohio State uniforms have black in the stripes?

Sure. As do the Dallas Cowboys. Neither REALLY has black as part of their traditional color scheme.

Again - tOSU refers to itself as the Scarlet and Grey.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

*sigh*

Can we skip ahead to the time they bring back the kelly greens (or the old white + kelly green helmets) and just throw the black uniforms in the Schuylkill?

I'll settle for the yellow and blue ones. Well aware I'm in the minority, but I loved those.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Eagles announced a black helmet for 2022 a while ago but haven’t unveiled it. They chose a black helmet this year because they have a jersey they can immediately pair it with. 

From what has been implied, the kelly green helmet will replace the black helmet in 2023. 

Important note: Lurie and the Eagles are petitioning to keep both.

If they are only allowed one Alt helmet they’ll go Kelly next year yes… but their aim is to have all 3.

They reportedly are getting the whole look tweaked/changed in 2024, so that decision next year will impact that too. 

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

It's here, and it's beautiful.

Even the inhabitants of Cestus III saw this one coming...and news didn't have to travel by freighter. This is exactly what the orangeless white pants were designed for. Jungle Kats...welcome back.

Now, maybe unpopular opinion time: we'll first, the NFL should maybe kill the whole color rush designation, anyway--at this point, teams are mix-and-matching whatever they want, anyway. But as it involves the Bengals, I think their current white jerseys would go just fine with this helmet. The little bit of orange accents (and do doubt the orange accessories some of the players will wear) would actually do more to set this off, not less. Plus, Cincy's fans (& apparently a number of others) love the Jungle Kats look, so shoot...roll with it!

(All that said, someone tell them to 86 the nemo pants, though...totally unnecessary.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

14 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Even the inhabitants of Cestus III saw this one coming...and news didn't have to travel by freighter. This is exactly what the orangeless white pants were designed for. Jungle Kats...welcome back.

Now, maybe unpopular opinion time: we'll first, the NFL should maybe kill the whole color rush designation, anyway--at this point, teams are mix-and-matching whatever they want, anyway. But as it involves the Bengals, I think their current white jerseys would go just fine with this helmet. The little bit of orange accents (and do doubt the orange accessories some of the players will wear) would actually do more to set this off, not less. Plus, Cincy's fans (& apparently a number of others) love the Jungle Kats look, so shoot...roll with it!

(All that said, someone tell them to 86 the nemo pants, though...totally unnecessary.)

I love that designation. That is all.

It's where I sit.

Not a fan, but at least it's a black alt helmet for a team that reasonably has black in the color scheme, unlike some teams I know of.

Alt helmet rankings so far, from best to worst:

Patriots

Falcons

Giants

Cowboys

Texans

Bengals

Panthers

Eagles

Jets

Saints

Commanders

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

So is the rumor of 15 alternate helmets still true? I believe we're at 11, with 4 left and still the only trainwreck is the Saints. Obviously some could use very obvious tweaks. Full color logo for the Panthers, different logo treatment and facemask for Jets, etc. 

The rest I either group into..

Great: Patriots, Cowboys, Texans, Panthers, Falcons, Giants

Unnecessary: Eagles, Jets, Bengals, Commanders

The only reason the Commanders helmet isn't terrible is because it at least fits with their alternate uniform. The Saints helmet makes no sense with any of their uniforms. 

• Like 3

this line in the jets' press release announcing the new black helmet is interesting. seems like they could be going the same route as the eagles: a black alt helmet as a holdover until they do something more fan-friendly next year:

The Jets will continue to be active with updates to their uniforms and several teams have already announced classic uniforms and helmets for the 2023 season.

• Like 1

sig2024.png