NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

8 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

I watched that video someone posted of Riddell employees preparing the various alternate helmets and one guy was applying stripe decals to the new Bengals alt lid.  I thought that those would be painted on?

spacer.png

You're kidding. When was the last time paint was used to decal an NFL helmet? Anyone?

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

You're kidding. When was the last time paint was used to decal an NFL helmet? Anyone?

No, dead serious. This was discussed ad nauseam on the boards a few years back. Unless something changed recently, the stripes on the Bengals helmets have been painted on.

• Like 6

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

15 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I thought that those would be painted on?

There’s definitely a stickered helmet floating around, but it’s probably just for a cheap promo piece.
If you look closely at the team-released images and video, you can pretty clearly see the “overspray of the black paint into the helmet’s ventilation holes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

There’s definitely a stickered helmet floating around, but it’s probably just for a cheap promo piece.
If you look closely at the team-released images and video, you can pretty clearly see the “overspray of the black paint into the helmet’s ventilation holes.

They’re actually black helmets painted white. It’s easier to mask up the stripes that way

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

No, dead serious. This was discussed ad nauseam on the boards a few years back. Unless something changed recently, the stripes on the Bengals helmets have been painted on.

IIRC, the regular helmet shells come as black, the stripes are masked off, then the whole thing is painted orange over top. 

Guess someone in the know can confirm if they're still doing it that way or not...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, JTernup said:

Sigh… I’m sure it’s mostly 27-41 year olds freaking out over a helmet.

I sometimes forget we’re old now. 

On topic, I really hope that the Cowboys’ white non-throwback helmet isn’t going to be worn ever, but I’m used to the Cowboys perennially (probably eternally) disappointing me and this is no exception. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

4 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I sometimes forget we’re old now. 

On topic, I really hope that the Cowboys’ white non-throwback helmet isn’t going to be worn ever, but I’m used to the Cowboys perennially (probably eternally) disappointing me and this is no exception. 

No, I think it'll be used. Once with the color rush gear for a 🧊 white look or even with navy over white for a modern throwback. 

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

IIRC, the regular helmet shells come as black, the stripes are masked off, then the whole thing is painted orange over top. 

Guess someone in the know can confirm if they're still doing it that way or not...

Yes, this is how it's done. The same thing was done for Salt Lake in the AAF, with blue helmets being painted silver. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/22/2022 at 7:08 AM, NH4 said:

Black helmets for the Jets…

As a Jets fan, these were pretty much inevitable so I guess they are fine for what they are? I do actually like the black/green/white colour scheme hierarchy and the look of the green facemask on the black shell, but just not for the Jets. Flipping the JETS and the outline colours is dumb because the numbers on the black jersey are the opposite, but I could see them feeling there wasn't enough green on the helmet with the normal white JETS decal.

There is this note, probably already been discussed, at the end of the reveal release,

The Jets will continue to be active with updates to their uniforms and several teams have already announced classic uniforms and helmets for the 2023 season.

A lot of Jets fans have been clamouring for any of the 78-97 throwbacks (which I think actually fit these current Jet jerseys better than the current logo) so I could see these black ones being eventually switched out for throwbacks, maybe even after this season. 

IbjBaeE.png

On 7/19/2022 at 10:39 AM, willforgetmylogin said:

It is black with white stripes. I'll bet you a thousand dollars.

EDIT Where's Canzman at?

3 hours ago, dont care said:

They’re actually black helmets painted white. It’s easier to mask up the stripes that way

You've fallen right into willforgetmylogin's trap! Mods, unsuspend the man!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Never thought we'd see that jersey again. Only thing I don't love about it is the white stripes on the black sleeves when the regular road whites corrected that. Looks weird right next to the inverse of that on the helmet.

I think it's funny that 5 years of people photoshopping the white helmets on pictures of that uniform and tweeting "wear white helmets with those jerseys!!!!!1111!!!!! LOL" willed it into existence. That's what all these alternate helmets are for, ultimately - engagement. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

These all look fine to me

the problem is they were worn in ‘94 when all the teams were wearing throwbacks, so they ruined the throwback look by simply putting old logos on their current-colored helmets. The helmets don’t necessarily look bad on their own, but when paired with a throwback it made for an inaccurate mess. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."