NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

22 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Extremely shameless plug: 

64db6166ab26ba31d6a490114b7d80f4.png?compress=1&resize=1600x1200&vertical=top

Would look better without the yoke (somewhat of a 2000s vibe). Cool helmet and pants though. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The helmet will definitely look good, but after the last rebrand and now this, it feels like they’re trending away from orange. Yeah that helmet is there but orange is hard to find in the uniforms, and now we’re getting the black and white helmet. 

just wishing we have more orange in the uniforms!

• Like 10

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

41 minutes ago, willforgetmylogin said:

Bengals with the troll job of the century lmao [conent not available] wait til this afternoon when they drop the black helmets amazing marketing!

It seems like you and the Bengals are in competition. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So if this is a white helmet with black stripes, and the NFL rules stated the alternate helmets could only pair with alternate or throwback uniforms, this means one of two things:

- Theres a white alternate jersey coming soon for the Bengals (least likely to me)

- The NFL rules are bogus and teams can do whatever they please

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

5-D6-BEAB6-B24-D-4582-907-F-8-EA7-D32606

Slipped in the full body logo that was supposed to be defunct as of the last update. Cool.

It's not defunct.

v7D9mtk.png

• Like 13

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

21 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This might be my least-favorite recurring idea on the board. The Houston Oilers are dead. The Houston Texans have their own identity. Deal with it. 

No you deal with it! The Oilers are Houston and that is where they belong. 

• Dislike 2

49 minutes ago, beachperroAZ said:

No you deal with it! The Oilers are Houston and that is where they belong. 

Until the NFL decides otherwise, they are a non entity until the Adams family decides to let the Texans have it. And since they make money from people buying Oilers gear, that's not happening. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Maybe find a compromise? 

The name and colors are off limits. But what if the Texans wore white helmets, navy jerseys, and white pants, complete with the consistent striping the Oilers uniforms had? That was the part of the Oilers uniforms I really liked, from the helmet, to the jerseys, to the pants, to the socks. It was entirely consistent.

The striping and numerals aren’t off limits. It would be an Oilers-esqe  touch to the Texans brand, tying the past present and future together. 

I like this idea, only the base color would have to be powder blue for it to draw any connection to the Oilers legacy. 

And really, it’s fair game for the Houston to reclaim those colors. The last Titans rebrand is so heavy on navy and silver that red and powder are there for the taking.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

All the inserts and piping gives it an early 2000s feel, which based on when they were founded wouldn't be the worst thing in the world

What if we took a texas tech design from '04 and gave it to the texans 🤔

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

The Oilers-Titans-Texans discourse around here never fails

• “tHe OiLeRs BeLoNg iN hOuStOn”

• ”iF oNLy tHe TiTaNs jUsT LeT tHe TeXaNs uSe ThE nAmE”

• “tHe LeGaL sTuFf dOeSn’t MaTtER wHeN it’S tHe OiLeRs”

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • LOL 5