2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Why do they keep going back to Blasty? It's not a good logo!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

10 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

It's quite simple, really; the team is doing what its fanbase wants them to do like any competent business does.

Calgary fans want Blasty around and keep buying Blasty merchandise, hence why the team's been bringing the logo back for alternates. You follow the money with a business, and Blasty is money for the Flames.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

It's quite simple, really; the team is doing what its fanbase wants them to do like any competent business does.

Calgary fans want Blasty around and keep buying Blasty merchandise, hence why the team's been bringing the logo back for alternates. You follow the money with a business, and Blasty is money for the Flames.

Fans want blasty? Has nostalgia really blinded them that bad

9 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

No argument there.  But it's one of those logos that's so bad it's almost charming.  And the fans seem to love it so why not?  I don't think many people on here would call the classic Islander's logo great but fan demand necessitated its return.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, nash61 said:

Not my concept, but this is really the only way to make the Fisherman work as a RR

j6in9ng5rsz51.png

How does one download the font used on the jersey? I've been looking for a free one for years. This is one of those fonts where I just don't feel like using the Magic Wand tool to reuse it.

You likely won’t find a font file for it since the numbers’ shapes changed depending on whether they were the only, first or second number. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

7 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

I was never a fan of the idea of the Canucks in green, but this looks too good for them to not wear, especially if it can replace their current dud third jerseys. I'm not a fan of this EXACT template but it look so sharp on the ice.

spacer.png

I'm not opposed to a Canucks jersey in green, but I'd like a different striping pattern if they're going that route.

19 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

I was never a fan of the idea of the Canucks in green, but this looks too good for them to not wear, especially if it can replace their current dud third jerseys. I'm not a fan of this EXACT template but it look so sharp on the ice.

spacer.png

I absolutely 💚LOVE💙 this look and not just because of Johnny Canuck.  The Canucks can easily own this green jersey/blue helmets-pants combo. As for the template, I agree. I would even use the original two same coloured stripes with the white V's on the sleeve stripes but with the blue and green reversed. I would also add white to the outside of the two blue stripes.

• Dislike 1

I know everything for the RR jerseys are probably all done for next year and the Canucks are likely to go with blue and green colour scheme, I wouldn't mind in the future if the Canucks can do anything with this logo.  Still intrigues me to as why this logo was painted in the halls of the Canucks old home.

spacer.png

Okay.  No more Canucks talk.  Let's talk about the Nordiques.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Honestly, I think I could see the Canucks doing a maroon version of their 2000's navy jersey. They already have it on the Adidas template thanks to the 50th anniversary, may as well get some more use out of it, y'know? Plus, they're still using the skate as an alternate, so I wonder about their willingness to dip into that pot twice in a single season.

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I think I could see the Canucks doing a maroon version of their 2000's look. They already have it on the Adidas template, may as well get some more use out of it, y'know? Plus, they're still using the skate as an alternate, so I wonder about their willingness to dip into that pot twice in a single season.

If the jersey is different enough and looks good, I can't see that being a big issue.  Plus, they could always drop the current black skate for a year or two, then come back to it later on, or even break out the white version.