2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

8 hours ago, mjarvie said:

To answer both your questions about Reverse Retros. I was listening to a All the Kings men podcast where they did a RR 2.0 draft of the jerseys. One of the guys on there is the marketing guy for the Ontario Reign and worked with Vegas. He said that that was one of the goals for this version of the RR, was to have matchups between teams wearing their RR. So that's probably one of the reasons the Sharks have white. And if I look on the Kings schedule, they will be in RR matchups twice, against Arizona on Dec 23 and against Vegas on I think Jan 7. I also watched a bit of the Philly/Pittsburgh game and they were both wearing their Reverse Retros. I think one of the issues, is just when teams scheduled the games. I would've liked to see them work together on the project to schedule more games against each other. It is what it is. There was no mandate to have x amount of teams in white and y amount of teams in colored. Adidas gave them like 4-5 ideas (according to Luc Robitaille) and each team works off of those

I get it.  Teams picked the choice they thought was the best for them and worry about the schedule later.  But, just using the Pacific division as an example, there are some missed opportunities with divisional rivals.  Calgary/Edmonton, Vancouver/Seattle, LA/Anaheim.  Can't even have colour vs. colour because they are too similar.

I love the Wild’s reverse retro as a full set so much more than the unveiling. I honestly still want something from the Wild’s own jersey history, but man does the North Stars set look fantastic. I love that they brought back the triple star breezers in green and gold from the last RR.

I also love that they fixed the socks on the green jersey. That was always a flaw of the original North Stars set, that the green socks had the yellow and white stripes spaced out, rather than touching like the sleeve stripes. So I’m very happy the Wild fixed that for this set. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Boston’s Winter Classic set is an absolute triumph. There isn’t a single thing I’d change about it. The inspiration and the execution are both so, so good. I have no sliver of Bruins fandom whatsoever, but even I’m tempted to get a beanie or hat from the set.

The Penguins…well, the set looks good in a vacuum, and the inspiration behind it totally makes sense. I just wish they had gone double-blue something because I think a black/gold vs. double-blue color matchup would have been absolutely stunning. Sure, “we had black and gold first” is an understandable team pride statement to make, but it robbed us of what could have been - barring poor execution by Pittsburgh - a potentially all-time great WC matchup, at least in colors.

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Even though it's not the traditional Wings look, the Reverse Retros actually look pretty cool on the ice in full unis

c7ku0vnd8s2a1.jpg

How someone in Detroit and adidas accepted that is a mystery for me and an even bigger mystery is how the designer could have thought giving the Red Wings black was a good idea.

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

18 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

Even though it's not the traditional Wings look, the Reverse Retros actually look pretty cool on the ice in full unis

c7ku0vnd8s2a1.jpg

As a Red Wings fan ... 

I actually like the full uniform. Its a fun diversion from the Wings brand. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

23 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

The cream gloves keep it from being a perfect 10/10. They don't mesh well with the bright yellow cuffs, imo.

Pretty sure the gloves are supposed to be yellow, not cream. Although it must be tough to get the material to match the jerseys/socks, because they look more mustardy.

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

How someone in Detroit and adidas accepted that is a mystery for me and an even bigger mystery is how the designer could have thought giving the Red Wings black was a good idea.

Well the Leafs already use a black alternate, so we shouldn't be surprised at this point. And most of my 'normie' sports fan friends really like the Bieber jerseys & the Red Wings' RR, so I'm sure they'll sell well in Detroit.

Sad that we're already in the 2nd wave of BFBS.

21 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

c7ku0vnd8s2a1.jpg

absolutely love how unique these look, especially in the broadcast view. it looks unique enough that I don't see a hurricanes or senators alt. however, the fact that it's a red wings uniform is pretty sacrilegious. give this design to the senators and I think it's more highly praised.

also generally love the avalanche RR from the color blocking to restoring the extra stripe and old font. but that giant colorado flag logo does not do it for me. too big, too plain, and the curve of a circle clashes with the angular mountains too much in my opinion. 

• Like 1