College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 minute ago, phinish said:

Houston has made some (unannounced changes?) to their red home jersey.  Gone are the  stripes on the sleeve.  Replaced with #s. You can see the numbers at the very end of the video.  And the pants stripe has has changed as well. They've also added a UH patch to the pants.

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1565125004404064257

You would think for a school who has been in the top 4 of the American for the past 5 years+ and will be joining the Big 12 here next year would be able to get plain uniforms like Alabama or Penn State and not have to get a UCLA striped uniform and make the stripes all red. That is something high school teams have to do in order to get 'stripe less', not something a soon to be P5 program should be doing. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kb105 said:

You would think for a school who has been in the top 4 of the American for the past 5 years+ and will be joining the Big 12 here next year would be able to get plain uniforms like Alabama or Penn State and not have to get a UCLA striped uniform and make the stripes all red. That is something high school teams have to do in order to get 'stripe less', not something a soon to be P5 program should be doing. 

Didn't notice that at first, that's very strange.

• Like 1

Florida’s jersey schedule. Napier went traditional at ULL and will again here - exclusively orange helmet, no orange jersey, and only deviating from orange/blue/white and orange/white/blue three times over the course of the season. 

I’m glad about the helmet, but I wish we could’ve done orange/blue/orange and orange/orange/white once this year. Plus there’s no throwback for homecoming weekend, which was a staple of the Mullen years.

• Like 8

ExJworW.png

51 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Florida’s jersey schedule. Napier went traditional at ULL and will again here - exclusively orange helmet, no orange jersey, and only deviating from orange/blue/white and orange/white/blue three times over the course of the season. 

I’m glad about the helmet, but I wish we could’ve done orange/blue/orange and orange/orange/white once this year. Plus there’s no throwback for homecoming weekend, which was a staple of the Mullen years.

No white helmet for the first time since what, 2014? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All of those Florida looks are great and still fall within the “classic Florida uniform” despite so many options. There are some teams that can pull it off, like Clemson and Tennessee with the orange pants, FSU with garnet pants, and Notre Dame with green. They don’t feel like marketing gimmicks and still fit very well within the team’s identity. I wish my school, Georgia, would be more open to doing that on a regular basis (doesn’t need to be more than a couple games per year) because we do have options that are very much traditional styles that look great (black jersey and red road pants) but rarely wear them.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Love this direction! Really emphasize the classic combos without losing our iconic orange lids. I’ve always liked the white helmet and even enjoyed seeing the blue but when you have a helmet as good and instantly recognizable as the Gators it’s a shame to wear anything else. 

My only gripes would be that I wanted the homecoming throwbacks to remain, I’d like the orange jersey against a cupcake opponent, and the big game blue pants should be against LSU not USC. But those are pretty minor compared to the mix and match mess of a lot of programs.

8 hours ago, roxfan00 said:

The helmets Colorado will wear Friday night against TCU in honor of Cliff Branch 

Really like this look for a one off. Looks a little too much like Purdue or the Saints for me to want it more than that though.

• Like 1

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 8/31/2022 at 9:04 PM, kb105 said:

Believe it or not, it's not the first time Houston has done this. Their black alternates are the same way. May be why they did it for the reds.

usa_today_11672101.0.jpg

10 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

UTEP going with an area code themed helmet this weekend

UTEP went the same route last week as well, albeit with their orange helmets:

868a9d97-6dd4-437c-a0db-b9973435ac18-082

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)