2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Definitely an improvement over the various black-jersey-with-robocop-deer-head designs they've been using since the rebrand. (Assuming this replaces that? Hard to keep up.) The blue is an unfortunate detail as it renders the green, which is the real Bucks color, nearly invisible. Why are they still trying to make blue happen?

They did have the green one last year which I liked even better... their brand works well as just dark green, black and cream. No white needed. Definitely no blue needed, but. 

I didn't see this comment before. But these are pretty much my exact thoughts. The blue is 100% unnecessary and I hate that they're still trying to make it a thing. At least some form of green/gold/cream/black has been there since the beginning (even if the OG uniforms were green and red, the actual logo was a variation on those colors). 

Put it on the floor if you must pay tribute to the Robert Indiana MECCA floor. At least then everyone knows why it's there. Otherwise, I've never seen an application of blue on a Bucks uniform that didn't look awkward. Even the "Cream City" jerseys which I found to be their least offensive use of blue would have looked much better without it.

• Like 1

So I'm gonna take a wild guess on the missing city sets.

Sacramento - Purple & Black 90's Fauxback

Houston- Red & Yellow Honoring Gilley's

Detroit- Red Another Blue Collar Auto inspired similar to the 18/19/20/21 sets

Indiana- Royal Blue Reggie Miller Fauxback

Orlando- Black Honoring Orlando Nights based on leak

Charlotte- Purple Ric Flair/Jim Crockett Promotion inspired

Minnesota- White Tetris Inspired honoring local art work of Downtown Minneapolis-St. Paul

Utah none . Pulling a 2019-20 Memphis and using a classic as the "City".

Also since we're going be headed into an odd numbered year, does that mean "Earned" editions will be back?

10 hours ago, bowld said:

Saw this when browsing Fanatics this morning. Anyone ever seen this logo used?

spacer.png

Thought it was kinda cool when I first saw it. Not anymore, all I see is this and cannot stop. 

spacer.png

• LOL 6

21 hours ago, bowld said:

Saw this when browsing Fanatics this morning. Anyone ever seen this logo used?

spacer.png

That whole series of hats features New Era-designed logos that aren't official.  Search "New Era Fresh NBA" on Fanatics

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, Krz said:

Heads up: Apparently the Detroit city edition is one of the best this year, and is based on St Cecilia’s Gym. Also all the leaks so far are accurate.

Only place I’ll share this

Interesting. I know this is the first year of their city edition jerseys being designed by Detroit rapper Big Sean, so while I'm not sure exactly how they're going to turn out, I can't imagine they'll be any worse than the "Motor City" junk that was trotted out year after year during the mid to late 2010s all the way through 2020-21.

9 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Yup

Detroit must account for the green city jersey you mentioned some time back, right? I thought Charlotte might tap into their city flag this year, but it'd make sense for a St. Cecilia's Gym jersey to be green. After all, the padding on the wall appears to be dark green.

6zasbst.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Detroit must account for the green city jersey you mentioned some time back, right? I thought Charlotte might tap into their city flag this year, but it'd make sense for a St. Cecilia's Gym jersey to be green. After all, the padding on the wall appears to be dark green.

6zasbst.jpg

That makes sense, we had Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando, Sacramento, and Utah un-leaked, with @Conrad. telling us 1 green, 1 gray, 2 navy, 2 white, and 2 black. Once Utah dropped green and Minnesota leaked as white, that made the green harder to predict.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eRay said:

That makes sense, we had Charlotte, Detroit, Houston, Indiana, Minnesota, Orlando, Sacramento, and Utah un-leaked, with @Conrad. telling us 1 green, 1 gray, 2 navy, 2 white, and 2 black. Once Utah dropped green and Minnesota leaked as white, that made the green harder to predict.

Is that Minnesota leak being considered legit? I thought it was a joke. 

• Like 1