2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

25 minutes ago, OBomb said:

I thought the Giants were going to paint their end zones with the retro logo from the Giants Stadium days when they wore tonight's uniform set?

Their field isn't painted. When they switch between the Jets and Giants endzones, they literally roll up the turf for the one endzone and lay down the other. It velcros in place.

It's how you get beauties like this (HS Football game at MetLife where they switched only one endzone out)

16849158905_d5821ac192_b.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Their field isn't painted. When they switch between the Jets and Giants endzones, they literally roll up the turf for the one endzone and lay down the other. It velcros in place.

It's how you get beauties like this (HS Football game at MetLife where they switched only one endzone out)

16849158905_d5821ac192_b.jpg

I have always wondered why Giants/Jets games don't have the endzones like this. I think it would be pretty cool.

Edit: It apparently happened once in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLPZdMTfnAc

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I have always wondered why Giants/Jets games don't have the endzones like this. I think it would be pretty cool.

Somewhat unrelated, but the new year's day game between the Rams and Chargers is going to seem weird since it is a Chargers home game, but Kroenke owns the stadium 

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

11 hours ago, Froob said:

Why are patriots tbd lol? We don’t have any other pants options unless we randomly wear the throwback pants.

The entire internet seems to believe that they are gonna bust out silver pants this season because someone saw it in the style guide or something. I don't get it either. There has been no other indication that the team plans on wearing them.

• Like 1

We know new silver pants were added to the style guide for this season, and they've been spotted on players in training camp. The pants definitely exist, but we have no indication on when or if they plan on wearing them. Now, why they'd add a new pair of pants in year 3 of a set just to not wear them, I have no idea.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

IIRC they had both endzones for Giants/Jets preseason games a few times in the 2000s. 

There's also this photo from 2013 preseason, where Geno is giving the Giants a safety in his own Jets-painted endzone with NYG walls: 

NFL preseason: Jets take down Giants in overtime, 24-21 - SBNation.com

And this article has a gif where the other end zone of this 2013 preaseason game was painted in Giants colors:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/8/24/4655548/giants-jets-2013-results-score

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The entire internet seems to believe that they are gonna bust out silver pants this season because someone saw it in the style guide or something. I don't get it either. There has been no other indication that the team plans on wearing them.

Updated silver pants have been spotted in the style guide and have been worn by some players during practices. There is some possibility they get worn in-game, but as a Pats fan I'm not particularly hopeful. 

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

15 hours ago, OBomb said:

I thought the Giants were going to paint their end zones with the retro logo from the Giants Stadium days when they wore tonight's uniform set?

They'll have the retro Super Bowl 21 end zones when they wear the blue throwbacks, not the color rush whites. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, Ark said:

Regardless of looks, I like when teams force the Cowboys to wear blue.

Remember when teams besides Washington or the Rams would do it on purpose? The Eagles in 2007 despite the game being in November. The Panthers many times. The Browns in 2016.  The Lions in 2019.

Does Jacksonville have it in them to do the gimmick. I hope the Jaguars do it. 

23 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Remember when teams besides Washington or the Rams would do it on purpose? The Eagles in 2007 despite the game being in November. The Panthers many times. The Browns in 2016.  The Lions in 2019.

Does Jacksonville have it in them to do the gimmick. I hope the Jaguars do it. 

The Jets and Patriots have also done this on multiple occasions, as recently as 2019/2011. Chargers did in 2021 and 2013, but 2013 was a Week 4 game, so that may have been a WAH game regardless of opponent. Bucs and Saints have also done it later in the season.

18 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Huh... didn't know that.  I knew they unzipped the endzones on the old turf, and I've had a hell of a time deciding on a way to do the same thing on a smaller scale...so 53 1/3 yard rugs in sets of two, huh.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬